Some "First Date" vibes, please?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Announcer, Bob Eubanks--"Michele, here he is, Bachelor #2! You have chosen Bachelor #2 for your date this evening. Please be advised that we've coached him not to show you his back hair or ask for a rub-dub; not to drink in your car while you drive on the first date, and Michele, we're pleased to tell you we have very high hopes he will not walk with his knuckles dragging on the ground. Now, here's a description of where you two will be going......"
*camera close up of Michele's face in stricken horror*

DE DA DUNT DEE DEE DA DAAAAAAAAAAA

DE DA DUNT DEE DEE DA DAAAAAAAAAAA

DA DA DUNT DEEDEEDEEDEE DEEEEE
DUNT DEE DEE DEE DEEDEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DEE DEE DEEDINDUNDUNDUNT!

(Dating Game Soundtrack)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was indeed exactly how I felt. LOLOL!!!!

Why is that such a stretch? Plane fares can be inexpensive and you never know... 3000 miles may be the geographic distance, not the personality difference. I certainly know to wear shoes and socks for the first few dates (me and my hobbit toes are kept under cover until the right moment!) and I have it from several people that I can be a fun person to be around.
Um, just what is the right moment to show hobbit toes to a prospective match?

And if I weren't on this side of the country, I'd be more than happy to meet you for coffee, Mark...

As soon as I get some dinner in me, I'll write up last night's date. Yes, there were some fun moments, and yes, I really enjoyed my time with him...and no, I don't think it will go anywhere...

Best-
Michele

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mark Kumpf

1. Why is that such a stretch? Plane fares can be inexpensive and you never know... 3000 miles may be the geographic distance, not the personality difference. <snip>
Mark
Still single
Still searching
Still dreaming at night
Still looking for the right one
Still dreaming alone each night
Still typing in forums on the cat site!
All I can say is meeting someone on a cat forum happened for me, and we dated long distance (Seattle - Central NYS), and are coming up on 10 years of marriage
After I didn't bother dating for a number of years (I prefered the company of cats and friends to toads...
)

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

All I can say is meeting someone on a cat forum happened for me, and we dated long distance (Seattle - Central NYS), and are coming up on 10 years of marriage
After I didn't bother dating for a number of years (I prefered the company of cats and friends to toads...
)
Pat, there's nothing wrong with that.
I like that way of thinking! personally? If I wasn't with Eric I'd be prowling around cat sites trying to meet a great guy who loves cats.
What else could possibly make me happier?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the hardest thing for me to do in my 30's (sorry guys, slow learner and late to marry), to really live my life, and believe that along the way, the right person for me would show up, versus going looking.

I honestly have to thank a cat named Patches who was a vicious biter, as one reason I got to "meet" my dh online...where he'd gone for advice!

Pretty little tortie and white
that she was. To be honest, when I met her, she bit me? and I bit her back (not hard, just on back of neck as if to scruff her). The look on her face per dh was priceless and she *never* went to bite me again.

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
O.K., I need to write a book...here's a copy (partial) of a profile of someone who just showed interest in me. **sigh**

hello people peace (Salam),wish you all good luck from God, well i am here to tell you God word and i know it is hard to belive me now but trust me it is the truth from God honstly . usa , new york = the holy land =God word (Quran)(el mahdy=prophet of God) . well people i am for you all not agnist you just tell you God word honstly...(snip).. God revealed to me that Prophet ISSA (Jesus) the messiah of God will be in my side in the few years and he will be from my family by God mercy. (snip)...By God mercy will be 2* holy modern states in America (new york and new jersey) like Mecea and Madina ,God doing the same test again to proof to the world that Quran is the truth and mercy for all mankind.also will be more prophets to come (El Mahdi inherit prophets Abraham and Mohamed and his test like both of them. (El Mahdi =prophets of God and the father of the prophets of God).people i said the truth from God honstly and i pray for all people all faiths to understand and belive me by God mercy .May God guid all to the truth and God bless all thanks all

I really need to let my mother know she's now living in what will shortly become the holy land (New Jersey...) and that Jesus will show up at this man's side fairly soon.

(I feel sorta bad that I'm posting this, but I also want you all to see this note...does he really think I'm going to fly out to meet him?? Oy!!!! But now you see what I'm receiving...and becoming discouraged by)...

Date write up coming, but I have to sleep now; I taught all day in my new position, and will be teaching all day tomorrow and 1/2 of Sunday...I'm whipped and headachy, so it's off to bed for me now...

Best-
Michele

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
um okay i have to say DONT MEET HIM!
he sounds like a psycho in my opinion

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh fwannie, I'm pretty sure we're NOT going to read about their wedding EVER!!

Pat, don't worry - I was young and quick to marry, and I STILL find it difficult in my 30's to believe that I'll find the RIGHT one this time
So maybe I'll just hang out here and woo the pin-up boys until one of 'em gives in?

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

...By God mercy will be 2* holy modern states in America (new york and new jersey) like Mecea and Madina
Wasn't New York wanting to change their slogan from 'The Big Apple'? So, it could be New York: 'The Monster of Meccas'!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

oh fwannie, I'm pretty sure we're NOT going to read about their wedding EVER!!

Pat, don't worry - I was young and quick to marry, and I STILL find it difficult in my 30's to believe that I'll find the RIGHT one this time
So maybe I'll just hang out here and woo the pin-up boys until one of 'em gives in?
Pin-up boys?... I had to read up that twice! We don't have any pin-up boys!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Pin-up boys?... I had to read up that twice! We don't have any pin-up boys!
That's not what I read in the Pictures, Pictures thread. . . :

Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Hey, good to see someone else posting pics here today. Darkeyedgirl and Kelly, you both look very pretty.

Thanks Ryan. However, we'll never achieve the pinup and screensaver status that you seem to have achieved here on TCS

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bachelor #2...actually, was really interesting.

He lives on the marina with a rented apartment, no big deal as rented places go. It's intensely tidy - almost scarily so. He has a glorious view of the marina and Los Angeles airport from his upstairs office, and I know I'd get absolutely nothing done if that was my office. He is on his second career, having been a commercial pilot for 20ish years, and now develops software (I think) and is in the process of hiring his replacement so he can travel some more.

He greeted me with a chaste hug (huge brownie points, but of course I was still at my car and able to flee should the need arise...). We put together a salad, singing old Joan Baez songs (bad...but at least I knew the words...mostly....). We packed up a dinner basket with cold chicken, the salad, plates and utensils, and a bottle of wine (I'm not into wine too much, but he didn't know that). We went out to his boat, a 32 foot sail boat that he is renovating and is not waterworthy at the moment. He let me on the boat, and showed me all his things he'd done - he was like a child showing off his toys, you know? It was cute, and endearing. He then realized he had forgotten the corkscrew, and left me alone on the boat as he went back and got it.

While on the boat, I noticed several things...he is insanely tidy, which is exactly opposite of me. His clutter is tidy, you know? Yikes...I also noticed how noisy a marina can be, what with the ducks paddling around, the fish splashing, and the diver surfacing, removing his mask, saying hello, and then diving down again. Scared me brainless, I must say. I also noticed that security is very tight there - I was asked what I was doing, why I was doing it on his boat, and how I got in. Doing my best to charm the security guy, he walked me up the ramp...at which point my date appeared (oh thank God!!) and let security know I was his guest...

We piled into his row boat - which isn't a rowboat, exactly, but a motor boat dinghy thing - and the balance was horrible. So there I sit, water seeping down the back of my jeans, watching this man row...and of course decided to sing..."Michael row your boat ashore," what else? LOL. We talked, and talked, and talked...it seems the tide was going the other way, and we were rowing against it. He's breaking out in a sweat, and looking at me....

"Um, Michele, sorry this is taking so long...I'm not used to rowing a person with me...does that sound awkward?" Sure enough, he'd pegged it - it was awkward. I was left feeling like it was my big bottom (which is rather large, as I am a larger person - no 100 pound lady here....) that was delaying our progress, and actually was offended somewhat. But what am I going to do? Go swim? Too bad, you weenie, row that boat already was what I thought, but didn't say. I just grinned, and told him I'd row. No go.

Finally we reach the middle of the marina, and sit there, looking at the sunset, wet pants and soggy shoes...and we pull out dinner. I must admit, it was a romantic idea, but hey, I've got a large bottom...so no romance yet. And not likely. We did watch the sunset drinking a glass of wine, and then ate dinner...and now it's blackdark, and the stars are coming out, he's had a drink or two, I've had a drink or two, and we start talking. Real, honest, life talking...not makeshift conversation, but real, true, honest stuff. I told him "well, I know this one's blown all to hell, so I'm going to smoke..." and lit a cigarette. He looked at me, and said "why do you think this date's been blown?" and I explained I realized I was larger than he expected, and so I understand that there was not going to be anything here. At which point, he reached over, picked up my hand, apologized for making me feel badly, and kissed me.

And it was a nice, sweet, chaste kiss, too....very appropriate, and gentle...

Anyway...

So it's time to row back, in the dark...when, just as we were re-entering the berth area, he said "oh. Wait!" Which, of course, had me looking around for whatever it was he forgot...and getting ready to bail out and swim if he pulled something...when he leaned over the side of the boat, and started barking and harrrrruuuuuuuuhhhhhing.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked him politely. He shook his finger at me, and leaned closer to the water. Now, either this guy is having a seizure, vomiting, or he's coughing. Thinking he's coughing, I pound him on the back, nearly sending him over the side.

"What are you doing, Michele? Don't you like seals?"

"Is that your imitation of a seal??? Oh, I see. Cute..." I'm thinking despite the conversation, and despite the kiss, I kinda really badly want to get back to shore, and get into my car and get home....

And so he continues, barking and harrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuughing. I'm doing my best to act nonchalantly, and then, then the surface of the quiet black bay ripples. Up pops a seal's head not 5 feet from the side of the boat, and looks at us calmly. I ohhhhh and ahhhhhhh, like any grown woman, and my date laughs.

"I was calling a seal for you. He'll follow us in if I keep barking," he says...and so he rows back, barking and being followed by this sweet seal. I am watching the seal, watching my date smiling, and watching the moon rise...and suddenly I don't want to go home just yet.

We get back to the slip, and the seal flaps and pops around us...I'm out of the rowboat, and now he is, too, and the seal comes up onto the slip's side, and barks at my date. My date barks back, looks at me, smiles...and then gives me another kiss...

(Some stuf omitted....but not what you all will think...not that, not yet. And maybe never..)

As he walks me back to my car, he looks at me and says "I know you want a long term relationship, but I just want to be friends..."

So yes, I had a wonderful time, he seemed to have a wonderful time, I saw a seal, went rowing on the marina at night with a darling man, and it's not likely to go anywhere.

Except...

He's sent me an email, and called me today...just to say hi.

I'm not taking my profile down, and I'm not going to get my hopes up, but he's a nice man I wouldn't mind seeing again.

Best-
Michele

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds AMAZING!!!! I am sooooo jealous!!
And he can talk to seals!

That date sounds absolutly magical.
I bet you had an amazing time!!!! I'm so happy for you.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele,
It sounds like you had a fabulous time

Please, dear Lord, girl tell me you are a published author!!! If not, you should be - you have an incredible gift for storytelling. . . Can't wait for the next installment!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good story Michele and good luck for whoever you're dating next. So, from what you said in your story it sounds like you two hadn't even seen a photo of one another before you met. Is that correct?