Snot Rockets--History of Chronic Sneezing

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to have that done for Zander. Since she had that larvae in her nostril she sneezing all the time, her eye on that side and nose is always runny. It's time for her annual check up so I may mention that to her vet when we go in. It wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Friday we went in for the rhinoscopy and biopsy the one vet mentioned they did see what may be ulcerations during the rhinoscopy. It will take about 2-3 weeks for the results of the culture. They are still thinking aspergillosis. I do have some pictures of the rhinoscopy but not sure if I can post them since since some may be grossed out.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got the results from the histology report will post picture

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday we went in for the rhinoscopy and biopsy the one vet mentioned they did see what may be ulcerations during the rhinoscopy. It will take about 2-3 weeks for the results of the culture. They are still thinking aspergillosis. I do have some pictures of the rhinoscopy but not sure if I can post them since since some may be grossed out.
I am someone who gets grossed out easily.  I think it is fine if you post the pictures.  I have seen other people post pictures of this nature but put a warning in the title that the pictures may be graphic.  By posting the warning as part of the title people who can handle looking at those types of pictures will be able to do so and give you advice based on their experiences.  The more information and advice you can get about what you are going through the more you will be able to help your baby.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well got the results back from the culture and negative for fungus. I will post the results below.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Warning the next post may be graphic I am going to post some picture from the rhinoscopy

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So no fungal infection, but a moderate pseudomonas and slight staph infection?  What's the vet's recommendation?

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Mr Kiddie, I was hoping that you would finally have a firm diagnosis as to what is going on. How is the sweet boy? does he still have those nasty snot rockets and sneezing attacks?  What is the vet recommending? 

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet was still working on a medication plan as of this weekend. I just left a message for her at the clinic to see if she found out anything. I am also going to see if more results are to come since the report reads preliminary.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your input. I know there is a high chance of this happening they did warn me. Being a doctor do you think any of this can be transferred to humans?

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I talked to the vet that did the biopsy and rhinoscopy lastnight and she is going to send in a RX for some nebulizer medication and also a RX for clavamox to his primary doctor since that clinic is two hours away. Hopefully this will help. She also mentioned she did talk to the lab and as of right now no fungus has been found on the biopsy and they are still working on it....could be around 5 weeks to get that result. I will be going into our primary veterinarian clinic tonight for an outside stray cat that has a hurt leg so maybe I will be able to pick up Mr. Kiddies medication tonight and start that.

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your input. I know there is a high chance of this happening they did warn me. Being a doctor do you think any of this can be transferred to humans?
I very much doubt that there will be any transference to humans.   You should wash your hands after handling Mr Kiddies, and use antiseptics for handling his nasal exudates, but feline/human transference does not, as a rule, include pseudomonas infection.  In any case, the pseudomonas organism is sensitive to Clavamox and the organism should be eradicated from Mr Kiddies after treatment.  

With best wishes to you both,

Geoffrey 

Last edited:

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tonight we started Clavamox 1.5ML orally twice a day (every 12 hours) x 28 days. Tomorrow hopefully will be starting the Amikacin 250mg/ml 4ML vials #5 (mix 0.5ML Amaikacin with 5ML normosaline daily for nebulizing treatments)--- we ordered this through the human pharmacy.

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your vet is certainly hitting the organisms hard.  I hope the nebulising treatment is successful, it should be.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we started Clavamox 1.5ML orally twice a day (every 12 hours) x 28 days. Tomorrow hopefully will be starting the Amikacin 250mg/ml 4ML vials #5 (mix 0.5ML Amaikacin with 5ML normosaline daily for nebulizing treatments)--- we ordered this through the human pharmacy.
I am hoping this works for the little guy. Please let us know how his treatments are progressing