Snot Rockets--History of Chronic Sneezing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since since I last updated you all on Mr. Kiddie. Mr. Kiddie started to not like the liquid clavamox and started the hate the nebulizer. I do believe it helped. He started to flare up again and we decided to go the pill route. As of yesterday we started Clavamox 62.5mg Tabs by mouth (1 tab every 12 hours) and Prednisone 5 mg tabs by mouth (1 tablet by mouth every 24 hours for 3 weeks. Then give 1/2 tablet by mouth every 24 hours for 3 weeks. Then give 1/2 tablet by mouth every other day or the lowest effective dose). He also is still taking chlorpheniramine 4mg tabs by mouth ( 1/2 tab every night). The vet did mention that the diagnosis they currently have is chronic ulcerative rhinitis. However they are still not eliminating aspergillosis. He is still sneezing.

This January we welcomed a black lab into our family. Suzie will be 16 weeks old on March 7. They are getting along great.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His symptoms improved For a little bit but then slowly started to come back.

ekopischke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s been a while since I updated you all on Mr Kiddie. Currently he is not on any medication and he is still sneezing.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I think about him every now and then. Not sure what makes me think about him specifically, but I do. Sorry to hear he's still sneezing. Is it good that he's not on meds though?

brabiz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The results to the Culture and Sensitivity test are hard to read so I decided to type them up.
Below are the results

NUMEROUS PSEUDOMONAS ACRUGINOSA-STRAIN 1
NUMEROUS PSEUDOMONAS ACRUGINOSA-STRAIN 2
LIGHT BETA-HEMOLYTIC STREPTOCOCCUS GROUP G

Amikacin
P aeruginos
Result:
My guy now has heavy beta hemolytic streptococcus that changed from pseudomonas years ago. Now treating with orbax which has turned his thick discharge into watery drips. They have never been that way before which I hope is a good sign that the orbax is working.

mookie1971

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have a 6 month old Maine Coon with the same exact issue. We thought he had a cold as we just got him from the breeder but it seems every two days he’s sneezing one of these human size booger’s out. It doesn’t seem to slow him down. I’m not sure what we should do.

Attachments