Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my Santee will probably be a lightsider, just cuz I am excited to see her reaction to her gifts. Oh and the fact that I'll make it in time to post it the cheapest method to get it there by Christmas :) of course the cheapest postage is also the longest wait, but hath no fear....it will be there and you will like it. I'm pretty sure so anyways.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, my Santee will probably be a lightsider, just cuz I am excited to see her reaction to her gifts. Oh and the fact that I'll make it in time to post it the cheapest method to get it there by Christmas :) of course the cheapest postage is also the longest wait, but hath no fear....it will be there and you will like it. I'm pretty sure so anyways.
I will love it! 

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine was shipped out today and has a way to travel!  So don't expect it soon.....................

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am struggling to work out who my SS is,my package was from France???x
Oh....I know you who you have!!!

Santee....

I stayed up tonight to finish your last gift and I have to say that I am very pleased with it! My goal is to pack it up tomorrow and ship it out this week so that it arrives just before Christmas!

I put a lot of work into it and hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did making it!

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dear Santee,

Your gift(s) is(are) on its(their) way... I had to find the perfect ______ to go along with the _____ that I picked out, and then there was the ______ that I added at the last minute...

I hope it speeds its way to you!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Dear Santee, we have a problem.  I hid the first batch of toys I got for your furkid(s) so my crew would not destroy them before Christmas.  Unfortunately, I hid them a little too well.  I can't find them now!  

So I'm wrapping up the things I can find and hope to get the package in the mail tomorrow.  If the first ones make an appearance soon you could be getting a second package.  Otherwise they could go to next year's Santee. (Hope you don't mind sharing
)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the main part of my gift.....just in time too. I need to go to the library tonight, which is right beside the post office. I have today and tomorrow to get it out. I'm thinking I should see if I can wrap and stuff everything into the box for you, to post it today. Oh the pressure. Lol.

I suppose, sitting here pondering is not helping me mail it now is it.

Of I go to make sure everything fits and is ready for posting.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know WHAT is going on but I am getting frustrated as my SS package should have been delivered yesterday, today at the latest but the tracking number says it hasn't left the province.
All I can say is that if the status hasn't changed when I check it in the morning, SOMEONE at Canada Post is going to get an ear full!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know WHAT is going on but I am getting frustrated as my SS package should have been delivered yesterday, today at the latest but the tracking number says it hasn't left the province.
All I can say is that if the status hasn't changed when I check it in the morning, SOMEONE at Canada Post is going to get an ear full!

Kailie, I wouldn't worry....  I've mailed things and found the cp site will only show the major postal stops/wherever it was scanned. Sometimes there is only 2 scans, etc. or say hypothetically your pkg is going to another province. I would guess that you will see the item wherever you dropped it, then and probably on the day of delivery, you will see it at a major postal outlet like Ottawa or Toronto or Vancouver, etc. The tracking saying "out for delivery" I've found occurs after its been delivered lol.

if its going to the US, you should see "item has left for destination country" and that's it until its delivered.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dearest ___________________ ;

I made it to the post office :) I was so amazed at how well everything fit into the box, that I took a pic of it lol. (no I am not posting the pic cuz well, I'd be outted as soon as the box was opened.)

I was happy that the __________ I got (mostly because I like em, they are cute and benefit a good cause) provided a natural ________________ for the only item that is ____________. So all should arrive in one piece.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't get the cheapest postal rate :( I exceeded the weight limitations for that, and had to send it expedited.

which is good news for you, as it means depending on where you live, you should have it as soon as Wed. Or as late as Friday.

This is the point where I get kinda sad, as it means for my part in SS, it is over now....no more buying something that just "fits" you. Which is good, cuz I admit I found so many things that called your name, fit your purrsonality, or was just cute and I had to get lol.

I am not sure if you'll open before Christmas or not..... Items are wrapped and there's no Noms that need to be worried about. I have no problem when you want to open, I have marked any special instructions in the box :)

I have not hid my identity too much, but I did post hints within the pkg and items themselves.

Sorry, no snake shed as that's a dead give away lol.

Happy Christmas, you were/are a great recipient and it was my pleasure.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Dear SS....I finished your shopping tonight!!!

Just one more finishing touch on your homemade present then off it goes.

It should be on it's way to you by Friday.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS

I have all your items and hope to have it mailed this weekend.  BUT I may have to wait until the 17th after I get paid. I hope you will forgive me if it gets there a little late. I am doing my best.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of packages flying through the mail :clap:

I checked my mail today and nothing yet. Its ok though, since I've decided I will definitely not open mine until I at least get mine sent out, lol. Tomorrow should see the completion of my first-ever sewn item with the new sewing machine (or any machine for that matter). It won't be perfect, but hopefully a certain someone (or someone's kitty) will like it :) Also picked up something adorable today that I just couldn't pass up. Plan to pick up the treats tomorrow (kitty and human). I am STILL waiting for that one item to arrive (Grrrrrr) but hopefully it will be here soon. I will get everything wrapped this week and ready to go so that once that last item arrives, I can add it to the box and mail :)

Hope my SS recipient doesn't mind being a light-sider!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry santee I haven't forgotten about you so please don't worry. I will try to ship this weekend but it might not happen till next weekend. But don't worry.....that still gives plenty of time. It only needs to go over the river and thru some woods.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my Santee will be happy to know that I FINALLY finished my sewing project today :clap: Its not perfect and may not hold up well, lol, but its the thought that counts right? ;) I'm not sure I'm going to be any good at this whole sewing thing!
I'm still waiting on that last gift to arrive and I still need to get some chocolate :drool: but I'm ready to start wrapping everything else :) Hopefully when the last item arrives I will have a box and everything ready to go and can just wrap that last thing and stick it in the box to mail.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a false alarm today.  There was a box on the porch when I got home.  I was already debating on whether or not to open...and I was leaning towards opening. 
  On inspection, it turned out to be the pots and pans DH is giving me for Christmas.  I am opening them early because I'm in such desperate need.  Maybe I can be a lightsider this year after all, so I will have something to open on Christmas Day. 

And I am starting to worry about my Santee's gift.  I think it should have arrived by now.

Last edited:

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a false alarm today.  There was a box on the porch when I got home.  I was already debating on whether or not to open...and I was leaning towards opening. :lol3:   On inspection, it turned out to be the pots and pans DH is giving me for Christmas.  I am opening them early because I'm in such desperate need.  Maybe I can be a lightsider this year after all, so I will have something to open on Christmas Day. 
I'm glad I haven't had to face that decision yet :lol3:

I'm determined to be a light-sider this year but I'm just so terrible at waiting that I don't know if I could do it :D