Sasha has lost a lot of body mass~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox has lost several pounds over the past 18 months-mainly due to age as he eat well. I know there are heated pet beds available do you think those would be helpful?? Ox sleeps on the sofa and he likes the down throw I have on the sofa.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Somebody's intuitive here..... Susie....

Sasha has slipped a bit. Losing more weight, his apetite has slacked off just a hair, and he's lethargic now. He climbed into the bathtub and slept there all night. I woke up about 5 or 6 times during the night to check on him, and as soon as he saw me he started purring. It was all I could do keep from crawling into the tub and sleeping all night beside him.
I just might.

Stepahnie said that her Sierra did that when she wasn't feeling well. Sasha has never been in the tub in 14 years so it was totally out of character for him. But this morning he follws me downstairs and eats, then he went to his morning spot and took a nap.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of Sasha today..it's a beautiful sunny day here in Puget Sound, crisp air but not cold, it is going to be lovely day and Sasha just popped into my mind. I was wondering how he was doing, remembering holding Patrick when he became so thin.

Give him a kiss from me, I send you a hug.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that he has had a bit of a rough time. IT is so hard when they feel really bony yet have a good appetite. I had a foster who was painfully thin, and I hated brushing him as I was sure I was hurting him. Fingers crossed it was just an off couple of days and he improves.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think if you bought some KMR and mixed it in his food would that help?? I know way back when I had kittens the adults liked a bit of KMR as a treat.
Sending vibes to you{{{{}}}}

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's midnight and I cannot sleep again. All the tears come and I feel this dread at the mammoth loss of him. Saba got a big kiss from him on the stairs this evening, and he licked her little nose. She wanders through the house looking for him, unaware that he's in the bathtub. I stuck a blanket in there to make him comfy, and he crawled right up on it, so at least I feel better knowing he has a cushion of sorts.

Tonight I looked at SiSi's photos and asked her to come take her son gently. I told her I did not have the strength to send him to her myself, as I know he's hanging on just for me. I felt her near and I think she'll come.

Namaste

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big hugs to you and Sasha, Eddie. I feel your sadness so deeply, if you want to crawl in the bathtub and lie there with him - why not! I'm sure he would love it.

I'm sending peaceful vibes to you so that your time with him is gentle and calm

Please give Sasha a scritch from me and let him know that we are all thinking of him.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just read this whole thread with tears in my eyes, all of us who have lost beloved cats know how you are feeling and send support and love.
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.