Really Mad And Need To Vent Over My Last Colony Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is never a “good” talk. It’s kind of like when you were young and playing a game with the neighborhood kids. Then one started to lose and he jumped up and yelled “new rule, new rule!”. You’re never quite sure about the game or the rules.
So I said here’s the deal. Wildie is an old lady cat. She makes no potty mess in the barn, hunts in the hay bails out in the field and I can’t trap her. So you have a decision to make ( about now the eyes are glazing over). I can come here every 3-4 days and feed her only what she will eat so no food will be left around to attract other cats (ha) OR you can do what you will with her. He just looked at me and said “we’ll have to discuss it”. That’s in-law speak for I’m not making a decision on this.
So I collected my traps, emptied the one little opossum who got caught this afternoon, and fed Wildie . Yes, she was sitting on her rock looking up at me and waiting. She ate till full, turned away, and went back under the porch.
What am I going to do? Feed her at least every 3-4 days until I’m told “we really don’t want you to do that anymore because you’re food is going to attract ? Bear, wolves, you fill in the blank...that may come and carry off our grandchildren...etc.
Ah, and Wildie lives to fight another day, I can put away the stomach medication and Kleenex for a while.
And I’m going to sit down and write an ode to my little colony I miss terribly. Been wanting to pen those thoughts for the last few months and now I think I will.
Thanks to all for the support (moral, prayer and just standing in the gap) for Wildie and I.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm just gonna throw this out there. Maybe I can have my people come have a talk with your people aka BIL. I might know some folks who can be quite persuasive with matters of the heart. Not saying he would be roughed up..... too badly. But Gahhhhhhhh!! Come on BIL. Of course I'm mostly kidding here but #@%&*!!!!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It must be a relief to you to know that for now Wildie can be fed every 3-4 days. It just is such a difficult situation. I so wish that you could trap her. Yet after all of this time, it seems a trap will not work for her. I hope the BIL will come around and have some compassion.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kimbishop111 ya, kind of like having an Italian uncle geudo who thinks you are his favorite and wants to come down from chicago and “set things right?” I get it.....

If I’d had that I would still have all my babies sitting on the old farm truck waiting for me.

You would have really enjoyed watching it. Sometimes when I pull up to the barn I can close my eyes and see them all sitting there in the early morning sun waiting for me...oh and the ground chicken too! Such running to my truck and the crying....like they were saying “pick me first, no pick me”. I fed them in a circle on the same old piece of plywood for 8 years. Except Long Legs...everybody would have to wait while I called “Long Legs, and pretty soon from the hay bails across the fields I’d see these white feet and a long legged yellow cat running for all he was worth. Each one was picked up, petted or scratched and adjusted in their circle so nobody infringed on any bodies eating space. Now we can eat! While they ate I inspected each one and doctored if necessary. Then I dispersed piles of kibble for later. Ah, and after eating came lap time, head butting, tummy scratching, and of course grooming in the sun.
Sorry, guess you can’t get something you do every other day for eight years out of you thoughts.

Sleep well my friends

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh trudy1 trudy1 my heart has just been ripped from my chest for you. I really really really want to send my friends for a sit down chat now. In all seriousness, you will be in my prayers. (As I sit here with tears streaming steadily down both cheeks)

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
PS I can just picture it from your lovely words right down to your "Long legs" leaping across the field..... I don't nor will I ever understand greed or anyone who doesn't see what we see in these beautiful creatures. I'm praying for peace for you.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, Long Legs was special. Funny how it never gets any easier, even after all these months. Guess that’s one reason why I want to trap Wildie...won’t have to go back to the barn site, ever. Hopefully I can get her into a “barn cat” program. I’ve include some not so good pictures of the fur kids that were part of the colony during better times. I rarely look at those pictures...thought about deleting them but can’t...crazy huh?

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are just beautiful!!! And very far from crazy my friend. I never delete pictures, even the ones that have horrible endings. They are hard to look back on at times, but also a reminder of their precious lives and what time I was blessed to have with them. Gosh darn cats, gets you in the heart every time trudy1 trudy1 !!!!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really hate this forums method of inserting pics but the first pic is momma. She was the original mother of 5 kittens that formed the colony. She was a real feral. Never could get close to her, poor baby. Neither could I capture and relocate her as a barn cat. She finally showed up a month or so after the “relocation” starving and sick. Don’t want to think about her anymore. The second is daddy, the father. He went from trying to tear up the cage when originally trapper for neuter to becoming my best buddy. Loved to be brushed and head butt me all the time.... I loved him dearly.
More pictures to come. Is this considered therapeutic?

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
5C04FF41-89C5-4BD1-84C0-5154A08AB894.jpeg F45BA04C-D2F8-45C3-8891-F099473AEAE9.jpeg More of the former colony. The first is socks who just showed up one day. He was just as sweet as he looks. Used to grab my ankles for attention. He was one of the lucky ones...went to a couple who had just lost their fur baby. On the right is my Callie. She would follow after me for hugs and pets. When I got through feeding I would always say “ I’ve got to go Callie, be a good girl” and she would come up on the hood of the truck and cry after me.
CD1D8791-3384-4801-99D2-2468B68F1DC4.jpeg
You can see cream in the background and Wildie up front. They were inseparable. Why I never knew as Wildie was a sister to momma and cream was one of the kittens. But he used to look out for her making sure she went into the barn with him to eat kibble.
Can’t do anymore...not as therapeutic as I thought it might be.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are all so lovely, I can see why you love them so. :)

I have 2 that are very similar to your Wildie and Daddy. I think they're brother and sister. Peachopolis or "Peachie" for short. (I know, original, right? ;) ) and Jinxie. I bring Peachie in at night and keep her in my bathroom. She is just recovering from a nasty URI and I can't bear her being out in the cold. She is SUPER affectionate and you can really sense the gratitude from the depths of her little soul. I will be looking for her a home after her spay next month.

I hope you just know that we're all here for as little or as much as you want to share. Out of all the folks in the world, we get it. Our hearts have all broke in a million different ways on a million different days for these sweet babies.

Hugs to you trudy1 trudy1 :redheartpump::hearthrob: