Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 9, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weighing scales for a baby with the hope I would be able to weigh my cats. No such luck, they wouldnt keep still long enough so it is going back tomorrow.
a weighing scale for babies, to be used for weighing your cats!!! :thumbsup: great idea!! and that's too bad that your cats wouldn't stay still for you to weigh them.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday, I picked up some Solid Gold Tuna for Artie and a box of litter... story of my life.....oh, I did buy an ice cream for myself!
ahhh, canned Solid Gold Tuna and a box of litter for your Artie!!! :clap: and an ice cream for yourself!! :redheartpump: most excellent!

and sending gentle scritchins to your Artie......

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought five summer tees from Kohls.com. I am thrilled with them; I got polkadots mainly and they were all on sale for about $9. I am so tired of solid colors and paisley prints.
summer tees, from Kohls dot com!!! :thumbsup: and mainly polkadots too! those sound very exciting, and on sale for a good price too!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember wearing them as shorts in the 70s, it was really in style! You gave me a good idea. I am getting ready to buy some for summer pj bottoms. I'll get extra to wear as shorts.
What sizes corresponds to women's sizes?
wow, i didn't know that wearing men's boxer shorts was in style in the 70's! :think: but then, i was living in a relatively rural area back then.

hmmm...the closest chart i could find to what might help:

women's size x-small = men's size xxx-small
women's small = men's x-small
women's medium = men's small
women's large = men's medium
women's x-large = men's large
women's xx-large = men's x-large

however, i've always looked at the sizing chart on the package of men's boxer shorts, the chart that lists measurements for waist and/or hips.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SEVEN books from Thriftbooks.com
Wow! seven books from thriftbooks dot com!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! and really very exciting!

in another week or so, i'll be redeeming my credit card rewards points, which i plan to use for buying some kindle books......:banana2: i always look forward to that!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to be brave and go to Wal Mart. I hate that place so much. :argh:

Unfortunately we get our prescriptions filled there at a good price. While I'm there I get things that Publix either doesn't carry or WM has for a better price. I got L'Oreal hairspray, L'Oreal hair dye, Align probiotics, Little Debbie salted caramel cookie bars (these are SOOOOO GOOD!), Marie Callender's chicken pot pies and some caramel M&M's. DD loves these. I don't like them. I don't like M&M's at all. I'd rather have Reeses pieces. :yummy:
a trip to Walmart......i understand. :alright: and a really nice list of items you bought while there!!! :thumbsup:

you know, i recently discovered that Reeses makes peanut butter baking chips. :yummy: i'd love to try some of those, but will wait until i'm getting low on my (recently bought) cinnamon chips.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was bad. I bought a pint of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche at the gas station. I was going to try and make it last for two servings.....haha......wrong.....It was gone within 5 minutes of putting the spoon in it...lol...
a pint of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche!!! :clap: so very yummy!!

i love Haagen Dazs ice cream, specific flavors. and i most certainly do eat the whole pint in one sitting. :agree: many years ago, i lived near a Haagen Dazs store. that was truly a wonderful thing! i never bought a cone or cup , i always bought a pint.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
you know, i recently discovered that Reeses makes peanut butter baking chips. :yummy: i'd love to try some of those, but will wait until i'm getting low on my (recently bought) cinnamon chips.
I use the peanut butter chips in a chocolate cookie....quite yummy! Chocolate and peanut butter :yummy: Life is good.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought two new window shades for my garage and one for my bedroom. I love the blackout shade there so my room is dark as if I want it to be in the mornings.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
excuse off topic for a second...

@Mamanyt1953 , have you read the Cedar Cove books ? I'm having a brain fart as to who the author is...
I have lots of her other books too, They need a new home...
Back on topic,
went to Rural King and got :
150 #'s horse feed
120 #'s of their scoopable kitty litter
40 # bags are $9.99 all the time :biggrin:
12 Fancy Feast
12 Nutro kitten chicken loaf
BIG container of disinfecting wipes

unfortunately, after working before & after...no energy to go buy people food :cool:
a very nice list of items you bought at Rural King!!! :clap: and a great price for those 40 lb bags of scoopable kitty litter! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my boyfriend a George Foreman grill that has the removeable plates. It was $10 less when I ordered on line to be sent to the store and picked up. We both hate washing the ones we have without removable plates, so I'm next!
ahhh, a George Foreman grill with the removable plates!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! and that's great that you were able to buy it for $10 less when ordered online and shipped to the store for pick up! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. They were things that I needed in the kitchen. The cake pan, especially. My old cake pan is scratched to the point where it's just nasty-looking and I had no oblong cake pans with lids at all anymore; those plastic lids break so easily. Oblong cakes are nice to carry-along to picnics and such, so I wanted a new pan. I have been needing more cookie sheets for a while now.

As I work in the kitchen, I keep a list of things that I could use. And then, when we decide to do a shopping trip, I have my list ready to go. And I try to save money here and there, so I have it to use.
ahhh, yes! i understand. one of my 9x13 pans has it's nonstick coating coming off......:headshake:, so i'll be replacing that soon. i've always bought the nonstick pans, but lately i've been thinking that i might just as well buy stainless ones. i mean, i soak them in hot soapy water after using them, and then can easily wash them. i'm thinking that if they're stainless (not nonstick coated), then they should last longer. :think:

that's smart!!! :clap: lists are a great help! and setting that money aside ahead of the shopping trip sure makes things easy(ier) when it comes time to make the shopping trip. :)

I use the peanut butter chips in a chocolate cookie....quite yummy! Chocolate and peanut butter :yummy: Life is good.
mmmm...that does sound good! (well, carob and peanut butter, for me)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was unable to buy over the counter also. One assistant even asked me why would I want to weigh a baby. When I explained it was for cats she told me to buy the scales for weighting luggage ( hand held with hook) and to put the cat in a pillowcase then on hook . yeah. Obviously not a cat owner
oh my!!! :jawdrop:

Last edited: