Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 9, 2017

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to be brave and go to Wal Mart. I hate that place so much. :argh:

Unfortunately we get our prescriptions filled there at a good price. While I'm there I get things that Publix either doesn't carry or WM has for a better price. I got L'Oreal hairspray, L'Oreal hair dye, Align probiotics, Little Debbie salted caramel cookie bars (these are SOOOOO GOOD!), Marie Callender's chicken pot pies and some caramel M&M's. DD loves these. I don't like them. I don't like M&M's at all. I'd rather have Reeses pieces. :yummy:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was bad. I bought a pint of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche at the gas station. I was going to try and make it last for two servings.....haha......wrong.....It was gone within 5 minutes of putting the spoon in it...lol...

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
excuse off topic for a second...

@Mamanyt1953 , have you read the Cedar Cove books ? I'm having a brain fart as to who the author is...
I have lots of her other books too, They need a new home...
Back on topic,
went to Rural King and got :
150 #'s horse feed
120 #'s of their scoopable kitty litter
40 # bags are $9.99 all the time :biggrin:
12 Fancy Feast
12 Nutro kitten chicken loaf
BIG container of disinfecting wipes

unfortunately, after working before & after...no energy to go buy people food :cool:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we did a bit of shopping yesterday:
  • 2 large cookie sheets
  • a shield to prevent pie crusts burning (I got it for 31 cents from a store that was going out of business and had 75% off everything that had already been 50% off. And 31 cents is cheaper than using foil as a shield.)
  • 8 10-ounce custard cups
  • a long-handled basting brush to use on the new grill (which gets quite a bit hotter than the old grill and my old basting brush is simply too short to use safely)
  • a pair of salad tongs
  • an oblong cake pan with a carry-it lid
  • a box of Vanilla Caramel k-cups for Dear Richard
  • a new Eagles cap for Dear Richard
  • 3 pairs of king pillowcases for the cats' pillows
  • a window box fan
  • 6 tee-shirts (I wear x-large t-shirts for bed)
  • 4 bottles of nail polish
sigh......that looks like such a lovely list of items you bought while shopping!!! :cloud9:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my boyfriend a George Foreman grill that has the removeable plates. It was $10 less when I ordered on line to be sent to the store and picked up. We both hate washing the ones we have without removable plates, so I'm next!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered on Amazon....knee pads for installing a wood floor, and a backflow preventer for a new sprinkler system, SIGH...... we sound like all work! Oh wait, I did add on some cat treats for my herd, if you get them as an add on they are a lot cheaper. I put them on my wish list and order them when I have enough for free shipping.
oh, very nice!!! :thumbsup: i think the knee pads and backflow preventer sound pretty cool! and yes, must make sure our kitties have treats! :catrub:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A pair of denim shorts which I think I look too fat in so thinking how I can take them back after wearing them !:devilish:
i've been there before!!! :agree: years ago i decided to simply buy multi-packs of mens boxer shorts to use as shorts for me. they're lightweight for the summer heat and comfortable, and they're so very reasonable in price. i'm not a picky person, and simply got tired of trying on shorts at the stores and not finding any that i felt comfortable in. :dunno:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've been there before!!! :agree: years ago i decided to simply buy multi-packs of mens boxer shorts to use as shorts for me. they're lightweight for the summer heat and comfortable, and they're so very reasonable in price. i'm not a picky person, and simply got tired of trying on shorts at the stores and not finding any that i felt comfortable in. :dunno:
I remember wearing them as shorts in the 70s, it was really in style! You gave me a good idea. I am getting ready to buy some for summer pj bottoms. I'll get extra to wear as shorts.
What sizes corresponds to women's sizes?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
have you read the Cedar Cove books ? I'm having a brain fart as to who the author is...
Debbie Macomber.

The last thing I think I "bought" was a hair cut and color, but if it's a tangible item, then a shirt at Kohls.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
sigh......that looks like such a lovely list of items you bought while shopping!!! :cloud9:
Thanks. They were things that I needed in the kitchen. The cake pan, especially. My old cake pan is scratched to the point where it's just nasty-looking and I had no oblong cake pans with lids at all anymore; those plastic lids break so easily. Oblong cakes are nice to carry-along to picnics and such, so I wanted a new pan. I have been needing more cookie sheets for a while now.

As I work in the kitchen, I keep a list of things that I could use. And then, when we decide to do a shopping trip, I have my list ready to go. And I try to save money here and there, so I have it to use.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Weighing scales for a baby with the hope I would be able to weigh my cats. No such luck, they wouldnt keep still long enough so it is going back tomorrow.
Try putting treats on the scale. Also, try to get them when they're drowsy. If you've got someone to help you, have them keep blocking the cat from jumping off. That's the way our vet does it and the way we do it. The baby scale works fine as long as the music on it doesn't play. That will send the cats flying.

Baby scales are hard to find. Even the specialty baby stores didn't know what we were taking about. We had to get it from the internet.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try putting treats on the scale. Also, try to get them when they're drowsy. If you've got someone to help you, have them keep blocking the cat from jumping off. That's the way our vet does it and the way we do it. The baby scale works fine as long as the music on it doesn't play. That will send the cats flying.

Baby scales are hard to find. Even the specialty baby stores didn't know what we were taking about. We had to get it from the internet.

I was unable to buy over the counter also. One assistant even asked me why would I want to weigh a baby. When I explained it was for cats she told me to buy the scales for weighting luggage ( hand held with hook) and to put the cat in a pillowcase then on hook . yeah. Obviously not a cat owner

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hat for DD for when she goes kayaking with DH. I think it's Columbia brand; but one with a good wide brim and SPF (she's fair and sensitive to sunscreens) and lightweight/breathable. My Mom and Step-dad gave DH a gift card to Cabela's for Father's Day so we were all browsing in there and I came across the hats while looking to see if they had any deals on raincoats for DD's size. (They didn't. :thud:)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought a new mattress last Saturday. I paid a lot more than I wanted to but I hope it will last as long as I do. Next items are fridge, stove, new carpet and a new bathroom.

Muffy
a new mattress!!! :clap: most excellent!!

ahhh, a new bathroom coming up! i'd love to remodel my bathroom, know just what i'd like to do in there.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Placed an order with Chewy.com last evening: canned dog food, and 2 boxes of Arm & Hammer Seal and Clump cat litter.

Seems all my money goes on my pets! LOL
an order from Chewy, for dog food and clumping cat litter!!! :clap: really very nice!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does it count if you bought something for someone else? I went into the city yesterday to see my daughter and bought her a new shopping cart at Bed Bath & Beyond because her old one lost a wheel and broke. She can't possibly carry all her groceries at once and lives in a very busy area so gave up her car several years ago.
yes, buying something for someone else counts! :agree:

that's a very thoughtful gift you bought for your daughter!!! :clap: very nice!!

i've had those fold-up shopping carts for years. they really aren't constructed well enough to hold up for long, and i think i'm on my third one now. i don't use it often these days, as i can use my garden cart (4 sturdy wheels, and maximum weight it can handle is 800 pounds) now.