Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 9, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

a simple question for today......

What was the most recent thing you bought?

i'll start!

i placed an order at Honeyville dot com, where i bought two 50lb bags -- one bag of farina (cream of wheat), and one bag of 9-grain cracked wheat cereal mix. Honeyville emailed me a promo code for 15% off any order :banana1:, and i had already been setting aside money in my budget towards my yearly order from them. the 15% off made it worth it to me to place part of my order now.

how about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we did a bit of shopping yesterday:
  • 2 large cookie sheets
  • a shield to prevent pie crusts burning (I got it for 31 cents from a store that was going out of business and had 75% off everything that had already been 50% off. And 31 cents is cheaper than using foil as a shield.)
  • 8 10-ounce custard cups
  • a long-handled basting brush to use on the new grill (which gets quite a bit hotter than the old grill and my old basting brush is simply too short to use safely)
  • a pair of salad tongs
  • an oblong cake pan with a carry-it lid
  • a box of Vanilla Caramel k-cups for Dear Richard
  • a new Eagles cap for Dear Richard
  • 3 pairs of king pillowcases for the cats' pillows
  • a window box fan
  • 6 tee-shirts (I wear x-large t-shirts for bed)
  • 4 bottles of nail polish

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered on Amazon....knee pads for installing a wood floor, and a backflow preventer for a new sprinkler system, SIGH...... we sound like all work! Oh wait, I did add on some cat treats for my herd, if you get them as an add on they are a lot cheaper. I put them on my wish list and order them when I have enough for free shipping.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A pair of denim shorts which I think I look too fat in so thinking how I can take them back after wearing them !:devilish:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought a new mattress last Saturday. I paid a lot more than I wanted to but I hope it will last as long as I do. Next items are fridge, stove, new carpet and a new bathroom.

Muffy

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Placed an order with Chewy.com last evening: canned dog food, and 2 boxes of Arm & Hammer Seal and Clump cat litter.

Seems all my money goes on my pets! LOL

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Does it count if you bought something for someone else? I went into the city yesterday to see my daughter and bought her a new shopping cart at Bed Bath & Beyond because her old one lost a wheel and broke. She can't possibly carry all her groceries at once and lives in a very busy area so gave up her car several years ago.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weighing scales for a baby with the hope I would be able to weigh my cats. No such luck, they wouldnt keep still long enough so it is going back tomorrow.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday, I picked up some Solid Gold Tuna for Artie and a box of litter... story of my life.....oh, I did buy an ice cream for myself!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought five summer tees from Kohls.com. I am thrilled with them; I got polkadots mainly and they were all on sale for about $9. I am so tired of solid colors and paisley prints.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
An Amazon Dash Wand is the most recent item i have purchased unless you count a couple of food items.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A new cable for my old printer (LPT1 to USB) and two more memory cards for the Game Cube.

Weighing scales for a baby with the hope I would be able to weigh my cats. No such luck, they wouldnt keep still long enough so it is going back tomorrow.
Try putting a deep dish, like tupperware, zero that out and put the kittens in it to weigh.
It won't work after they are 4 weeks, nothing shy of hog-tying them and using a bathroom scale is going to slow them down.