Question Of The Day, Sunday, January 7, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a coffee drinker but I also like tea hot and cold. Raspberry cold. Regular tea hot or cold. Camomile with honey for a sore throat..
you like tea, both hot and cold, and have particular favorites!!! :thumbsup: very nice!!

mmmm......cold raspberry tea! that sounds like it would be very tasty! :yummy:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I recently started making tea with green tea=its bitter but honey fixes it. I like it lukewarm or leave out to room temperature then dump ontop of ice...I don't like black teas or mint...I still have many I need to experiment with. I don't drink coffee but iced coffee is good...seems I don't like hot beverages-burns my throat lol. I don't know how you guys do it. My dad drinks his coffee piping hot and ouch! I like my food piping hot but not beverages..and there's so many different flavors of tea-I have gotten a sample pack off amazon and it's enroute..the winter is good time for hot tea..otherwise regular iced sweet tea is good.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a pure southern girl and I love my strong, very, very sweet iced tea, but with lime, not lemon. I drink it year-round. It must be Lipton. I can tell the difference. Lipton peach tea is great, too. Iced chai. I sometimes drink hot chai with a bit of milk and I also like orange spice.

I have only four varieties of mint in my garden right now. Harvey and the snow hit them pretty hard. In the past I've grown lime, pineapple, chocolate, lemon, apple (a.k.a. doublemint), English, and orange mints. Right now I have peppermint, spearmint, Kentucky Colonel mint, and mojito mint. And of course, a battered, bedraggled surviving sprig of catnip. The four I have now are the best overall.
you enjoy strong really sweet iced tea with lime, instead of lemon, and also like Lipton peach tea as well as iced chai!!! :thumbsup: that sounds great!! and interesting, tea with lime. :think:

ahhh, orange spice tea! that sounds yummy!! :yummy:

you grow different varieties of mint, quite a few of them! very nice!! :agree: do you make tea using your mint sometimes, dry the leaves and all?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do drink coffee.. was raised on it for the morning...
But, I have really become a tea drinker.. I absolutely love PG Tips Tea from England. It is strong, without the bitterness, stands up to honey and milk.. I like mine dark..
So good.. I usually have at least one cup a day..

I also like Barry's Tea (From Ireland-- a Decaf, strong bodied, no bitterness)..

I actually have a cabinet stock full of teas ... and a ton of honey.
you've become a tea drinker! :redheartpump:

it sounds like your favorite tea is PG Tips Tea from England, and you also like Barry's Tea!!! :clap: most awesome!! :D

oh my!! honey....i absolutely adore honey! :cloud9: did you know that you can freeze honey, which prevents it from crystalizing? it becomes...quite thick when frozen, never freezes solid. i recently started buying my honey in bulk, and store it in containers in the freezer. i use honey mostly in making granola, and also when i make honey-nut cream of wheat.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like decaffinated iced tea with either lemon or orange slices and Stevia. Restaurants here don't have decaf iced tea so I have either regular hot or iced tea when I eat out.
I drink decafe coffee occasionally, with only plain or flavored creamer, no sweetener.
you prefer decaffeinated iced tea with either lemon or orange slices and Stevia, but will have regular hot or iced decaf tea when you eat out!!! :clap: most excellent!!

wow! orange slices sound like they'd be great with iced tea!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently started making tea with green tea=its bitter but honey fixes it. I like it lukewarm or leave out to room temperature then dump ontop of ice...I don't like black teas or mint...I still have many I need to experiment with. I don't drink coffee but iced coffee is good...seems I don't like hot beverages-burns my throat lol. I don't know how you guys do it. My dad drinks his coffee piping hot and ouch! I like my food piping hot but not beverages..and there's so many different flavors of tea-I have gotten a sample pack off amazon and it's enroute..the winter is good time for hot tea..otherwise regular iced sweet tea is good.
you've started making green tea, and you prefer it lukewarm or iced -- and with honey, to 'offset' the bitterness!!! you also like iced sweet tea! :thumbsup: that sounds really very nice!! :)

that's exciting! a sample pack of different flavors of tea is on it's way to you!! :banana1:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk of tea during this cold weather has got me to try a black tea with mango/passionfruit. It smells wonderful. Also, yesterday, I bought kettle-brewed iced tea at Trader Joe's - black and white tea with a hint of mint. Delicious.
oh my!!! black tea with mango/passionfruit, and a kettle-brewed black and white tea with a hint of mint, served iced, from Trader Joe's!! those sound like they'd be very tasty! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm pretty sure i didn't miss anyone, to reply to. i checked, so if i have missed anyone please let me know.