Question Of The Day, Sunday, January 7, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

i was just enjoying a nice hot cup of tea. :yummy: it's always soothing and relaxing for me, plus it's warming!

for today's Question of the Day......

Do you enjoy tea -- hot, cold, or both ways?

i'll start!

i really do enjoy tea, though only decaffeinated. i prefer hot tea, but iced tea is good too, in the hot weather. i use Bromley 'naturally decaffeinated' tea in bags -- a blend of orange pekoe and black teas. :D

okay, now it's your turn!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink mostly coffee but have tea if at someone elses home who is a tea drinker. I haven't tried cold tea, I dont think it is commonly drunk in the UK. Occasionally I will have a cup of fruit tea.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll drink hot tea, but prefer it cold and minty. I love a good mint tea. (Boston mint tea bags are really good and I'll use them during the winter. In the summer, we grow mint in the back flower bed and I'll go out, snip a few leaves, wash them, and use them in my tea.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink it much, but will. I'm definitely a coffee person. I drink iced tea in the summer, black and orange, decaffeinated. I just have never liked flavored teas, or coffees for that matter, btu do enjoy an occasional Starbucks fancy carmel one with all that cream, etc, but I don't like the price or all the calories!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a tea person. I have at least 4 cups a day. I bought lovely bone china cups and saucers from ebay. It really
does make a difference in the taste although my sister thinks not. There is a tea shoppe and luncheon restaurant
that serves tea sandwiches, scones, etc. near my house; we love going there.

My fave is british black breakfast for morning and afternoon, lemon for evening, valerian when I am stressed.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy tea although my mornings are coffee driven.
Iced tea, plain, is my preference. It's my go-to beverage at home during the daytime and later. In the summer when I grow mint I'll add that in with lemon slices. It's too expensive to buy during the winter and goes bad too fast in the fridge.
For hot tea I like stronger types such as Earl Grey. I can drink this unsweetened also, but I prefer hot tea with some honey in it. There are some herbal teas I like too - chamomile being my favorite.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I drink tea is when I eat out and then I buy sweet iced tea. Sometimes at home I will have a cup of hot tea but that is rare.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually drink coffee, but I do love iced tea. I really only love the black teas, my favorite is Earl Grey. In my store, I see many different types of tea come in. We are always getting something different. We have many customers that count on us for British teas like Typhoo, Thompson's, Lyon's, and more. The best black tea I ever had began with an 'A' and I can't find it anymore, but it was grown in Ceylon and was really fresh and medium-strong. I drink my tea black as well as coffee. I love the Starbucks cold brew.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hot, Hot, Hot! Even in out current heat. At the moment it's a French Earl Grey that I'm addicted to. Yum.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll drink coffee both hot and iced, but I only like my tea hot. With honey (sugar works in a pinch). I'm not too picky about different flavors, but I've been into chai recently.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iced tea with extra lemon. In fact, its about 15 outside and I'm sitting here all bundled up, heat going and drinking a glass with ice in it.:crackup: I don't like green tea though. I'll only have hot tea when I have a bad cold. I don't like coffee.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like cold iced tea. I prefer mine unsweetened with a bit of lemon. I do sometimes make myself a cup of hot tea.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a cup of hot tea in the evening in winter and iced tea in hot weather.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like hot tea. No matter the flavor, I always feel sick and want to hurl, lol. The flavored teas are the worst for me.
As for iced tea- only when I am eating freshly popped popcorn. Don't know why, but it's something I've always done since I was a kid. Otherwise, I don't drink iced tea either.

Long Island Ice Tea however......

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hot tea all the time,preferably Constant Comment decalf. I even order hot water when I eat at truck stop restaurants and bring my own tea bag.

I like cold tea,lightly sweetened. And a good cup of coffee when needed on long runs. But hot tea is my favourite.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge tea drinker/lover here!

I prefer hot, during the cooler and winter months. Although I can enjoy the occasional cold tea, granted when it is really hot I'll lean towards carbonated drinks or cocktails.

And I prefer David's Tea. Which includes a lot of faves from them :cloud9:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I always hated tea until I tried Green Tea with lemon flavouring. I now drink it somewhat regularly, especially during the chilly winter months.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never really liked iced tea. I'll drink hot herbal teas sometimes in the evenings but in general I'm not a big tea drinker.