Question Of The Day, Sunday, January 7, 2018

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like hot tea. No matter the flavor, I always feel sick and want to hurl, lol. The flavored teas are the worst for me.
As for iced tea- only when I am eating freshly popped popcorn. Don't know why, but it's something I've always done since I was a kid. Otherwise, I don't drink iced tea either.

Long Island Ice Tea however......
:clap::salam: :beerchug: :drinking::spew::clap2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a coffee drinker. However, I used to love iced tea and drank a lot of it. I still love it, but I can't drink much anymore because of my CKD. So I'm stuck with water. And more water. I'm always thirsty so I drink close to a gallon a day. (I'm so sick of water, I want tea)

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a few herbal teas. There is a licorice-mint tea that is my favorite, and I like it hot.:spew:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love tea. If I'm having hot tea, I like English breakfast tea with half & half and sugar. I love iced tea also. Plain sweet tea but I also like it unsweetened sometimes. I love raspberry and peach sweet tea also. Dunkin Donuts and Popeyes have great iced tea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always hated tea until I tried Green Tea with lemon flavouring. I now drink it somewhat regularly, especially during the chilly winter months.
It has to be black coffee first thing in the a.m. for me but if I want something soothing and warm at night I make a cup of Celestial Seasonings Honey Lemon Ginseng Green tea.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For mornings I am definitely a coffee drinker. I do occasionally want a cup of hot tea. I usually have either English Breakfast with a little sugar and milk or Constant Comment with nothing added.

I do drink iced tea in the summer, no sugar just a little lemon. My favorite for iced tea is Luzianne.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink mostly coffee but have tea if at someone elses home who is a tea drinker. I haven't tried cold tea, I dont think it is commonly drunk in the UK. Occasionally I will have a cup of fruit tea.
you prefer coffee, but will have tea if you're at someone elses home and occasionally some fruit tea!!! :clap:very nice!! :D

that's interesting! :agree: iced tea is pretty much always available here in the US, in restaurants. and many people drink it at home too, though not everyone here likes iced tea.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll drink hot tea, but prefer it cold and minty. I love a good mint tea. (Boston mint tea bags are really good and I'll use them during the winter. In the summer, we grow mint in the back flower bed and I'll go out, snip a few leaves, wash them, and use them in my tea.
you like hot tea, but prefer it cold and with mint!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

hmmm...mint tea. :think: that does sound like it would taste good! and that sounds wonderful, that you grow mint in your garden bed, and can simply walk outside to get a few mint leaves to use in some tea!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww. I hate tea so much! I'm the blacksheep of my family. Everyone else loves it. Even the smell of iced tea makes me nauseous.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink it much, but will. I'm definitely a coffee person. I drink iced tea in the summer, black and orange, decaffeinated. I just have never liked flavored teas, or coffees for that matter, btu do enjoy an occasional Starbucks fancy carmel one with all that cream, etc, but I don't like the price or all the calories!
you're a coffee person, but do drink iced tea in the summertime!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

ahhh, the Starbuck's fancy caramel flavored coffee with the cream and etc! they do make some really interesting and tasty combinations, but can be expensive...and yes, have a lot of calories.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a tea person. I have at least 4 cups a day. I bought lovely bone china cups and saucers from ebay. It really
does make a difference in the taste although my sister thinks not. There is a tea shoppe and luncheon restaurant
that serves tea sandwiches, scones, etc. near my house; we love going there.

My fave is british black breakfast for morning and afternoon, lemon for evening, valerian when I am stressed.
you love tea!!! :cloud9: really great!! :D

that tea shoppe and luncheon restaurant near you sounds wonderful! i think i'd be a regular there too, if i lived near it!! :agree:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot, Hot, Hot! Even in out current heat. At the moment it's a French Earl Grey that I'm addicted to. Yum.
@mani, I love a hot beverage on the warmest of days, too. (Just wish it were warm here:lol:). People will ask how I can drink hot coffee during a heat wave. I love it! Enjoy your warm weather and your hot Earl Grey tea!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a coffee drinker but I also like tea hot and cold. Raspberry cold. Regular tea hot or cold. Camomile with honey for a sore throat..

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a pure southern girl and I love my strong, very, very sweet iced tea, but with lime, not lemon. I drink it year-round. It must be Lipton. I can tell the difference. Lipton peach tea is great, too. Iced chai. I sometimes drink hot chai with a bit of milk and I also like orange spice.

I have only four varieties of mint in my garden right now. Harvey and the snow hit them pretty hard. In the past I've grown lime, pineapple, chocolate, lemon, apple (a.k.a. doublemint), English, and orange mints. Right now I have peppermint, spearmint, Kentucky Colonel mint, and mojito mint. And of course, a battered, bedraggled surviving sprig of catnip. The four I have now are the best overall.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do drink coffee.. was raised on it for the morning...
But, I have really become a tea drinker.. I absolutely love PG Tips Tea from England. It is strong, without the bitterness, stands up to honey and milk.. I like mine dark..
So good.. I usually have at least one cup a day..

I also like Barry's Tea (From Ireland-- a Decaf, strong bodied, no bitterness)..

I actually have a cabinet stock full of teas ... and a ton of honey.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy tea although my mornings are coffee driven.
Iced tea, plain, is my preference. It's my go-to beverage at home during the daytime and later. In the summer when I grow mint I'll add that in with lemon slices. It's too expensive to buy during the winter and goes bad too fast in the fridge.
For hot tea I like stronger types such as Earl Grey. I can drink this unsweetened also, but I prefer hot tea with some honey in it. There are some herbal teas I like too - chamomile being my favorite.
you enjoy tea, iced tea being your preference -- with mint and lemon slices during the summer!!! and you like stronger types for hot tea. :thumbsup: awesome!! :)

mmmm...i really like Earl Grey tea.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love tea, but I drink hot tea only. Never cold tea for me. My whole extended family drink tea so my love for tea is in my system.