Question of the Day, Saturday, November 4

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Darkness.jpg

How do you feel about changing the clocks back tonight for Daylight Standard Time?

I hate it. I absolutely hate it. On Sunday, the sun will set before 5:00. I hate the dark nights and it getting dark so early. It's depressing.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you, I hate it. It is especially hard with Lola because she will expect to come out of her room at her usual time, not one hour later.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before I had kids I didn’t like it but I didn’t mind too much. After kids; just pick one and stick with it. 😒 I’ve seen kids getting on the bus in the dark either way. They are barely making it home with daylight in the sky. Everyone is miserable.

The only good thing will be seeing Christmas lights on houses in a few weeks. I’m just glad my kids are now old enough that it isn’t a week or two of adjusting schedules (which always meant cranky kids who were more likely to act up because they were tired and out of sorts). A few winters ago we were walking every day and it meant interrupting school in the afternoon to walk in daylight and neither really liked having to get back to work afterwards. Blah.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish they would stick with just one time. I adjust better to this change then to the change to Daylight Savings Time. It takes me a while to get used to Daylight Savings Time. As a morning person I prefer Standard time and I know if they ever decide to stick with just one it will be Daylight Savings time but that is okay. I would rather not do the twice a year switching.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am a morning person and like Standard Time better. I never really adjust to Daylight Savings Time. The early darkness does not bother me, but I do adjust a little in the morning so the ferals don't have to wait too long for their breakfast.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't affect me. The only place in AZ that changes the clock is the Nav Nation. But things are still messed up because the Nation changes around us. So if you do things out-of-state, you need to keep the change in mind.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate it. I prefer longer the longer daylight in the evening. However, not a fan of the dark mornings either. So neither solution works for me in the fall/winter time.