Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s a dumb question but do cats dilate?

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Question is it normal for her to feed her kittens but not stimulate them or lick and she's acting different towards the little black kitten when he trys to nurse she gets up and lays him but let's the other kittens ...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may stimulate them at times you don’t see her doing it. However, if you think they need stimulating or cleaning, you can gently do it yourself with a warm damp soft cloth.

Do make sure the black kitten gets enough time nursing!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your response last question she moved her kittens but left the black one and when I move him to her she hisses is there something wrong with the black one

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was cleaning her cage and found two dead kittens my family buried them in the backyard the weird thing is they seem to have their legs bit off and one of the tails bit off I didn't see them earlier is it possible she could of had them a little bit ago so she had a total of 6 kittens but were left with four now

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm really nervous she doesn't seem like the best mom she is really young though vet said no older than 9 months old

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be posting update and the little black one is the same size as them but weights very little compared to them he is getting bottlefed every one hour and 15 minutes he has a heating pad on one side on the lowest setting the the other just blankets so he can get out of the heat

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Question... so the kittens are 5 days old now and one kitten opened her eyes at 4 days old which I thought was way to young and her eyes are very cloudy I'm nervous she could be blind is this normal pls respond soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Short-haired kittens can open their eyes very young — like 4-5 days. Kittens still do not see well initially so keep lighting low. She’s likely fine. If you see any discharge wipe it clean gently with a warm damp cloth.

Green or yellow discharge may mean infection and requires Terramycin to clear. You can order a tube from a Tractor Supply store or Chewy online without a prescription (except in California). It’s not unusual for kittens to have eye discharge.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for bothering you again last question is it possible for my cat to give birth 5 days ago but is in heat now she is acting as if she is in heat and she got out of the house she jumped out of the window ... how soon after giving birth can cats go into heat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG! She will likely come home pregnant, so you’ll need to spay her right away when she returns.

Are you feeding the kittens yourself now? Hopefully every 2 hours around the clock. And are they gaining daily?

Destinee1022 Destinee1022