Pregnant cat

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my cat is pregnant not sure how far along she is bc she was a stray and I took her in she has a whole setup for her and her kittens I just want a better idea on how much longer pls ask questions to understand better this Is her, and her name is rose
She also has been being really clingy and gets very uncomfortable when I’m not around she also can’t seem to really stay comfortable and changes her position a lot and I can feel her kittens in her belly now and I can see them move from time to time she is also eating a lot more and not wanting to play but instead lay down all day she has been moving stuff around in her birthing box she has a nice setup for her and kittens

her nipples are also really visible and she is being more vocal when I leave she meows really loud and starts pacing
IMG_0154.jpeg

If anyone has any questions or ideas pls let me know… thanks

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its essentially just to wait. You feel kittens move 2-3 weeks before delivery - in part depending on how used you are to palpitate.

Before delivery labor several days before, she may get the braxton hicks contractions,

And its common she drops a couple of days before delivery; ie suddenly seems less preg...

So essentially just to prepare as well you can - and wait calmly. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry can you explain what braxton hicks contractions are

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And earlier to day i didn’t know if she was gonna go into labor bc she will push and then stop like she is gonna into pre-labor and then is perfectly fine and content

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying and answering my question ,yes I think she may be having braxton hicks contractions again she makes every musse in her body tense up and then gives a little push but then is perfectly fine again it’s kinda confusing

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh sorry one last question does her belly look big enough or a Better way to ask is how far along do you think she is

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are those kinds of variables and I agree with what was said earlier that it might be a couple of weeks. But keep watch from day to day as these are all estimates.

You did not ask this, but I don't think that she is feral, more like a stray or abandoned pet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens and she’s not in any pain she’s still eating and drinking she’s not pushing anymore shes perfectly fine

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this normal for her to suddenly feel better and be back to herself but no kittens yet

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this normal for her to suddenly feel better and be back to herself but no kittens yet
I hope it was these Braxton Hicks convulsions.. prelabor. Its a way of nature to train up the muscles.

Interrupted labor isnt good, although I suppose it happens.... But as long she is fine, it shouldnt be dangerous even if always touchy..

In the time you wait, be sure you give her calcium rich food, whatever you have at home and she eats.
Because low level of calcium may cause weak labor...
Cant hurt, may help.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply and I will give her some of her favorite brand of kitten food and chicken maybe some eggs

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure how many weeks she is I’m guessing almost 8 weeks pregnant

what do you think based on this picture

IMG_0183.jpeg