Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Question… should I be worried the kittens are moving around a lot in her stomach and she will give a quiet meow I see them moving and they are moving so much now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the kittens are moving a lot, it means it’s not quite time. Just relax and let Mother Nature run her course. The kittens will come when they come. All should be well. Just wait it out.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i am so excited them pictures are only 4 days apart Im not sure how many she is gonna have so that’s a surprise but I have everything set up and ready

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do all cats stop eating before giving birth she hasn’t stopped eating completely but eats less

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
They may, although it is not an iron clad sign that the births are starting. Other signs might include going to her nest, restlessness, meowing, rapid breathing, and straining as if she has to go to the litterbox. Given that you have set her up with a bed and are caring for her inside, all you really need to do is to keep an eye on her to see how things progress.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She appears smaller on her sides (not like a football now) and stomach lower is this something I should worry about

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This can happen before they deliver, that the shape of their body starts to change and drop a little

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long after their stomach drops do they give birth normally