Pregnant Cat Concerns

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly not sure what to think. Maybe I've jsut been over-anticipating/over-analyzing everything. All I guess I can say FOR SURE is that her belly dropped on the 27th and so has her milk, she's nesting, and is I guess one could say more vocal... Maybe I'm thinking nd putting in too much about her breathing. Although, she sometimes seems to be in pain with the spazzing out with her pupils dilated but maybe it's just hormones since she's never really done that before. This whole thing hs really been a giant mindscrew and I really want her professionlly looked at. Until then, maybe I could Skype you or something and you could see how she is a bit more in-depth?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
amethyst leigh amethyst leigh

Hold on a minute!

Father's Day was June 21st. I thought you originally said you thought she looked pregnant in mid-May. Cats nipples pink up and they begin to show around 21 days' gestation. If she was only three weeks pregnant around Father's Day, she would not be due until early August.

Which do you think it is?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Either way, it would be best at this point to have her looked at by a vet, the sooner the better. They can perform an x-ray or ultrasound to see what's going on, how many kittens, and how far along. I can only go by your descriptions, as your picture quality is grainy.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was getting actually big round a week after Father's Day nd everyone who came around noticed too when before just my mom and I could tell. She's slender and her sides were just beggining to poke out and her nipples were pinked up around mid-May as well. My mom said that when she was actually noticably big is when I should consider her 5 weeks

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just super confused since I know she's been pregnant for a LONG time.. but then i'm second-guessing because it seems like it's been too long and I have no idea what's going on

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does she have milk in her mammary glands? Is the fur gone around her nipples?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her hair right around her nipples is gone and the nipples themselves and the base is red/pink

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, if your mom thinks she was 5 weeks around Father's Day, then she is only 7 weeks along, and has 2 weeks to go. But at this point I am very confused as well.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like I said, I'm absolutely positive she's been apparently pregnant before then but... Plus, the things that has been happening the past few days show signs of a later point in the pregancy. I'm just going to go to the vet asap and find out for sure. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is THE best solution. Can you call Banfield and try to get her seen today?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to talk to my mum right now and see what can be done

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let us know. She has definitely shown some concerning signs recently.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright I can call a vet about 10 miles from where I am tomorrow and find out when she can be seen. @sarthur2  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your mom thinks she's okay for today?

Please let them know she needs to be seen right away so they understand the situation and don't make you wait for days.

If your cat goes into distress you'll end up at an emergency vet regardless.

How is she now? Do you think she is in pain?

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she's alright for today. She never seems really distressed unless she's spzzing out or doing her weird breathing while lying on her side. 

Btw, is it alright if I write down everything that we've talked about in this thread so I can remember exactly what's been going on since everything is pretty much on here?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sure! You need to be able to tell the vet on which days you noticed what, so putting together a timeline would be helpful in answering their questions tomorrow. Just dates and a brief line about your observations should suffice.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be able to print out the thread and highlight the issues she has been having.  the posts are dated.

amethyst leigh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, yeah of course :p She's chilling out by the way she's pretty calm. Did I mention I've felt a kitten inside pretty specifically? Mom looks at her and calls her "Lumpy Choo Choo"

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, she may be just fine and dandy - hope so! But a vet visit will ease your mind. :)