PLEASE HELP!!!!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you guys!
Since the microchip info is under his partners names I want to change the contact info to mine ASAP. Am I able to use the same account for both cats or do I have to make a separate account for each?
I think its the same account if I remember rightly. 

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you can add them both to the same account, but not totally sure. One of mine is is my name and the other is my husband's, so ours are separate accounts right now.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

so glad to have both my babies home! Anubis already ate and drank water. Princess, however, does not want to eat. She only drank water.
You've actually done a valuable service by posting these images.  I've read several posts from people who are afraid that neutering involves castration.  Now they can just look at Anubis's before and after shots.  It's educational!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Princess is sleeping. She was awake earlier rolling on the floor. She doesn't seem lethargic or "sad". But I'm worried because she hasn't eaten anything and she doesn't seem interested in her food. She goes crazy for wet food. She only drank water. Anubis is back to his wild crazy self, he already ate and drank water, but I noticed that he also growls at princess. I'm starting to get a little worried. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I think its the same account if I remember rightly. 

I think you can add them both to the same account, but not totally sure. One of mine is is my name and the other is my husband's, so ours are separate accounts right now.
Will it give me the option to add another id number after I register? Because when I made an attempt to complete the profile it only gives me the option for one ID number.

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so happy they are back home. The growling might be because he is not feeling 100%
Is that a bad thing? Should I worry?
He's trying to fight off his cone & seems upset to have it on because he looks at me and meows. I already made sure it is not too tight. I've taken it off for him to drink water and eat but immediately put it back on after he was done and I made sure I didn't tie it too tight.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
You've actually done a valuable service by posting these images.  I've read several posts from people who are afraid that neutering involves castration.  Now they can just look at Anubis's before and after shots.  It's educational!  
Yes! There's not much of a change. Just a change in size. Which I think it looks more decent, better than him showing the whole world that he's a boy lol

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry, I know I am grumpy when I am feeling off. I am sure the cone is upsetting him too. You know cats, they make sure that if they aren't happy no one is happy lol 

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will it give me the option to add another id number after I register? Because when I made an attempt to complete the profile it only gives me the option for one ID number.
Yes, I think it let's you add another pet once you have one set up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear your babies are back home!!!!

Princess is probably still under the influence of the pain meds. I would not be too concerned with her not eating right away. I am sure, if they are any type of good Vet, that they fed them when they woke up; or at least offered food and water.

Anubis is most likely growling because of the cone. He wants it off...he is grouchy and cranky...don't forget, he went through some anesthesia, so it will take a while to get back to normal.

When my guy goes to the Vet or returns home from having anesthesia; he is so different. Sometimes he runs right over to eat, sometimes he has to pace and re-sniff everything, sometimes he just hides in his carrier. It is almost as if he has to readjust to his surroundings. 

I have learned to just let him be when he is going through this period of re-adjustment.

Now you can rest, a bit.. all is safe and sound....

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Princess might just be feeling a bit sick after the surgery. I know one of my friends just had their cat fixed and the cat didn't eat for the first 24 hours after the surgery.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you have trouble changing the info for Anubis, just call the partner with your info and ask her to change it for you.

Cones: Cats hate them, and I've personally never liked them for spay/neuter. It's up to you, but I always ditch them immediately, and my cats have never had a problem. They will adjust back to home better without them, but it's up to you.

Princess had more anesthesia than Anubis, and so it will take her longer to feel better, but she should resume eating well again by tomorrow.

Don't worry! And glad they are home! Lucky you! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to wait tomorrow and if anything I'll give her call. i wanf both microchips to be under my name.
Gosh, right when it was time to clock out I rushed my way out. She picked me up within 5 minutes after I got out. She didn't tell me my babies were in the car with us until she made a stop to drop off some mail. My heart jumped in happiness, I asked her if I can see them. I just had to see them. She parked her car, and opened the back door of her car for me to see them while she dropped off her mail. I was soo happy I almost cried! Lol my little Anubis started smelling my finger through the carrier. Princess was a bit more distant but I still talked to her. I thought they were probably going to be sleeping or maybe hiding. Nothing can stop Anubis. It's almost as if he was never neutered. He still runs, bounces off the walls, attacks the air etc.... But with his cone on. It's pretty funny watching him bump into things lol I was advised to have them keep their cones on for the next few days so they won't hurt themselves (scratching, licking). Im sure the entire user on thecatsite knows how paranoid and overprotective I can be lol i had a heart attack when I saw Anubis trying to scratch his cone-head . Lol

I was relieved to know that both babies were well behaved overnight. Anubis, since he's easier to make friends with, allowed himself to be petted. Princess was calm as well. I thought she was going to cry all night or try to scratch. I wasn't too worried about Anubis because I knew the veterinary staff would easily handle him. I'm curious to know if my princess let herself be touched.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So happy for you! Like I said, cones are a precaution and are optional. You can remove them at any time. I've never coned or crated a spayed or neutered cat, and they've always been fine. Princess will bounce back a little more slowly as her surgery was invasive, and Anubis's was not. That is the difference. Princess may take up to 3 days to return to her old ways, but she is fine! Most cats behave very well at the vet office!

Last edited:

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
If I want to remove them so they can rest their heads a little how often should I do it? I was given at home care instructions and it says to keep in on for 7-10 days. I don't think my cats can handle it for that long. Should I wait 3 days (at least until Friday) to remove them completely? I want to see how they're doing with the cones on but I also want to take it off in between. I'm paranoid about them hurting themselves if they scratch, especially princess since she had to be cut open :/

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cones won't keep them from scratching the stitches.  It will just keep them from licking them.  It will also keep them from cleaning themselves.  I think even 3 days is too long.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The two times my cat has had to have a cone, I did not keep it on. My poor cat was literally terrified to even try to move with it on and just sat in a pathetic heap! My vet eventually told me to remove it as it was doing her more harm than good. For the first day or so, I was more watchful to make sure that she was not overly fixated on her boo boo area but other than that, I did not have any issues with not having the cone off. I did initially remove it when I could supervise her but was quickly reassured that not having a cone on was not going to be a problem.

So glad they are home safe and sound!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
The at home care says "Do not remove e-collar" in bold after it says to keep it on for 7-10 days. Ugh. I'm new to this. So I don't know what to do to make them as comfortable as possible.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
What can actually happen if I remove the cones and they lick themselves ? How long will it take for their sites to heal?