Please help. Lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No baby yet. We gave her some space and came back to this. It's bloody mucus. Not straight blood. And it's not flowing either it separated when she moved her legs.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no babies. Her stomach has changed in the last hour. She went from looking pregnant to having deflating. Shes She's only big at the bottom of her belly. But very thin at the top

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That may mean the kittens have dropped down near the birth canal. Is she still having contractions? How's the born kitten doing?

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The born kitten is doing really good. A happy healthy girl. I feel tiny moving like she has one or two still there that are doing good. Im nit sure if shes still contracting. Shes not straining at all

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's good. She'll have them eventually. It could even be a few more days.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 5 cats. I have a fixed male I took when I moved out. Because he was fixed my next cat (a girl) I didn't rush her to get neutered shes also 6-7 months. Shes an indoor cat so I knew thered never be a risk of Kittens. My third cat was a female. Also unfixed. I took her in because they were gonna send her to the pound and I knew she wouldnt be adopted because shes 4. Well she turned out to be given to me pregnant. She had one kitten. A baby girl. Very recently. Kitten is thriving and mom's doing well. Kitten is 3-4 weeks. Well. We took in her kittens father. He was gonna go to the pound as well. We just got him March 20. Almost 3 weeks ago. My momma cat HATES him. He doesn't go anywhere near her. She feeds her baby and has her own separate room he doesn't have access to. However my youngest girl I noticed is getting a wider belly. Her nipples also went from being on her belly to sticking out. I had an appointment to fix the male I had to postpone it because of a surprise medical bill. Does this mean she could be pregnant? I've seen them by each other. Ive never seen them mate. I thought she was too young. Is thos a sign of pregnancy? Can she even be pregnant? Would i even be able to tell this fast?

All my cats including kittens I wont keep will be fixed ASAP. I feel irresponsible but these things happen :(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, she can be pregnant, and yes, she probably is pregnant.  Females can get pregnant VERY young, I've heard of one as early as 4 months.  Tragically, none of the three kittens survived.   And with some cats, you can tell very early on.  

I'm including the ASPCA's searchable database for low-cost spay and neuter clinics for you.  You need to get that tom taken care of ASAP, or this will keep happening,  And Mama will come into heat pretty soon.  Try to get your girls done in the near future, as well,  There is NOTHING in this world more determined than a female cat in heat.  I had one tear out a screen and leap 20 feet out a window.  Then we had kittens.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/general-pet-care/low-cost-spayneuter-programs

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have 5 cats. I have a fixed male I took when I moved out. Because he was fixed my next cat (a girl) I didn't rush her to get neutered shes also 6-7 months. Shes an indoor cat so I knew thered never be a risk of Kittens. My third cat was a female. Also unfixed. I took her in because they were gonna send her to the pound and I knew she wouldnt be adopted because shes 4. Well she turned out to be given to me pregnant. She had one kitten. A baby girl. Very recently. Kitten is thriving and mom's doing well. Kitten is 3-4 weeks. Well. We took in her kittens father. He was gonna go to the pound as well. We just got him March 20. Almost 3 weeks ago. My momma cat HATES him. He doesn't go anywhere near her. She feeds her baby and has her own separate room he doesn't have access to. However my youngest girl I noticed is getting a wider belly. Her nipples also went from being on her belly to sticking out. I had an appointment to fix the male I had to postpone it because of a surprise medical bill. Does this mean she could be pregnant? I've seen them by each other. Ive never seen them mate. I thought she was too young. Is thos a sign of pregnancy? Can she even be pregnant? Would i even be able to tell this fast?

All my cats including kittens I wont keep will be fixed ASAP. I feel irresponsible but these things happe
Which of these?  How old is she?

Apparently you must neuter and spay everything moving, being older than 14 weeks...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Most Mom cats dislike having males around or even other cats in general. It is the protective instinct at work.

It sounds like the little female is pregnant. It takes very little time for them to mate and unless you watch them every minute it is not surprising you didn't see it. Some females cat go into heat as young as 4 months old so she is definetly old enough to be pregnant. Given her age is is a dangerous pregnancy and she should be given as much food as she wants to support her health and that of the kittens.

To prevent other litters they should be spayed and neutered as soon as possible. I agree that a female in heat will go to extremes to get out and find a male so being indoor only is not a guarantee that there is no risk of pregnancy.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH...they can be spayed as soon as the kittens are between 7-8 weeks old, and will be able to nurse afterward, although the kittens will be eating pretty well by then anyhow.  But...tom first, then the rest, so that you don't have any escapees!

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a kitten three weeks ago. I have an unfixed male cat and shes making noise and waving her butt in his face. My male cat runs off or hisses at her. Does that mean he wont get her pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No! He will very likely get her pregnant whether you witness it or not if he is not neutered. I assume from your question that he is not.

You need to keep them totally separate from one another until she is spayed when her kitten is 8 weeks old.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Ive kept them in seperate rooms with the doors shut. He hisses and runs from her so i thought it wouldnt be an issue

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you plan to spay and neuter your cats? Do you need help finding a low cost clinic?

It's very hard on mom to have litter after litter. Do not leave them together at all now.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes we planned on taking them all (mom, kitten, and tom) to get soayed and nutered. The voy is new to our family and the mom was given to us pregnany and we had no idea until we noticed her showing signs.