Please help. Lol.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys! Ive Never raised female cats. Only males. I took in this female cat because her ad on Facebook said she was gping to the pound if no one took her. Shes three and so is my fixed male so I brought her home January 25th. I come to find out a couple weeks later we got her pregnant. She was previously an unspayed indoor outdoor cat. She's anywhere from 7 weeks (the day we got her) or much further than that. Today shes been licking her vagina and there is a sack coming out and going in. I researched it and couldnt find out why or what it is. Shes not panting. Her our sounds wheezy and her stomach is moving like crazy.

And yes she and her babies will all be spayed and neutered

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes not lethargic either. Shes running up on my and purring. Her pur sounds wheezy but shes not panting

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is in labor. If the sac is not out soon she will need to see the vet. How long has it been going in and out?

Last edited:

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been that way for about an hour.
Shes not panting
Shes not lethagic.
Anytime she sees me she gets really loud and runs to me.
The last two times I've check the sack has been in. It was like a little reddish pink bulb the size of a grape. Her bally is moving a lot as well her belly seems to go in more when she breathes as well

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most likely I would think it is her not being able to give birth because her vulva or area you could say is not big enough to give birth she might be trying since you said she is breathing more so she could be trying to push and not having a bit enough area for her to push the baby (ies) out

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be a sac with a kitten or it may be a placenta. Pushing for an hour without results usually indicates the cat needs vet help. It sounds like she is having contractions from your description, but they may not be strong enough to push anything out.

Can you get her to a vet? This is your best solution for mom and the kittens!

Last edited:

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And yes please do request vet help as like I said her area might not be large enough for her to push it out is yes please try to get vet help if possible

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes. We're gift try to get her into the vet as soon as possible!

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fantastic so glad that you can get her in this is absolutely fantastic and thank you for helping a cat and babies live a happy life with a amusing person like you

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried sitting with her and guiding her to a nest?  I agree that she needs to see a vet, but also wondering if she is holding out until you can sit with her.

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Possibly talkingpeanut talkingpeanut maybe she is wanting you to follow her so she can give birth or she is trying to say she needs help but possibly that could be it so I agree try following her and see what happens

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be clear, just a suggestion while you get her ready to go to the vet.  She does need to go.

sweetktea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has bad her belly rippling all morning now I've noticed pink discharge. Shes due anyday. I was wondering if that's a sign the kittens are super close? Or it we still have a few days to go

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has bad her belly rippling all morning now I've noticed pink discharge. Shes due anyday. I was wondering if that's a sign the kittens are super close? Or it we still have a few days to go
Did you go to the vet today?