PiPi and other cats :-)

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That does look like a nice bed. I am leaving bell in the bedroom till Obi the choc lab leaves on Sunday. Bell seems to be fine. I have his food and the litter box is in the bathroom. I make sure the blinds in the windows are up so he could look out. And yesterday I opened the window for bell to look out. Even my gwen and Nemo the dog likes to stay in there too. Poor Obi no one wants to play with him lol.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball: Yes Hap and Pi do share the bed now on a first come first serve basis! LOL!

Linda: what a funny story about Bell and the Lab. Sounds like Bell has decided he likes it in your house anyway. And why not! He has a good thing going.

Now here is a link to that video and I hope it works for both of you. Hap is in the background (white) and Pi in the foreground. Hap was sleeping early one morning before we got up and Pi was lying next to him in my lap. All of a sudden Pi turned and started grooming Hap! Fortunately my iPhone was next to me on the night table and I was able to get this video. Hap woke up when Pi started licking him, turned his head and saw who it was then went back to sleep. The video was shot right after that. Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyc9uuvylaas30u/2015-04-15 07.27.27.mov?dl=0
That's gorgeous. Good pi and happy. Best friends.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Judy that is the cutest thing I ever saw. You should put that on you tube. Who would ever think you would have 2 fur babies. What a cute family.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the choc lab went home . Bella stayed in the house the whole time. But I went out and my husband let bell out. He did not come back for 3 hours. He thoughtthe choc lab was still in the house and he just would not come in. Bell did come in and slept in at night but the next morning he wanted out. Bell is so happy to be outside now but he also knows that he wants to come in in bad weather. Like yesterday it rained so heavy and he was in. I make sure now that he only eats his food inside. The bad thing in all of this is bell had 2 ticks on him. And my dog Nemo had two ticks and I found 2 fleas on Nemo. I think Nemo got the fleas from Bell.I just gave them all frontline. We see what happens I just am going to take it a day at a time,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the choc lab went home . Bella stayed in the house the whole time. But I went out and my husband let bell out. He did not come back for 3 hours. He thoughtthe choc lab was still in the house and he just would not come in. Bell did come in and slept in at night but the next morning he wanted out. Bell is so happy to be outside now but he also knows that he wants to come in in bad weather. Like yesterday it rained so heavy and he was in. I make sure now that he only eats his food inside. The bad thing in all of this is bell had 2 ticks on him. And my dog Nemo had two ticks and I found 2 fleas on Nemo. I think Nemo got the fleas from Bell.I just gave them all frontline. We see what happens I just am going to take it a day at a time,
Linda you should start giving both Nemo and Bell Frontline once a month on the same day each month. This should keep them (and your home) tick and flea free. Don't skip a treatment or they could get those pesky bugs again. :vibes:

Glad things have settled down for Bell now that the lab has gone home. Pi loves it on the porch and so far seems content. He is also making slow progress (but progress) with wearing the harness in the house. I still have to fasten it on him. For now it is draped over him so he can get used to the feel of it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why did your husband let him out?

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband Felt bad for bell because he was crying at the door. He said it's not far for bell to keep him in when he has been outside for 8 years. He is use to being out. And it is true. When bell is in the house his tail is always down . But when he is outside he seems so happy. His tail is up and walks around like he owns the place. Bell just sits on the deck all day long. He does not roam far.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband Felt bad for bell because he was crying at the door. He said it's not far for bell to keep him in when he has been outside for 8 years. He is use to being out. And it is true. When bell is in the house his tail is always down . But when he is outside he seems so happy. His tail is up and walks around like he owns the place. Bell just sits on the deck all day long. He does not roam far.
You are fortunate that Bell does not roam far and in that case I think he'll probably be fine on the porch and in your yard. Are you near a busy road? That could be a problem. I think Pi is adapting so well to the indoors because he was so young when I brought him in--only just about a year old. I know he would like to get out in the yard and have a sniff around but he's not frantic to get out. If he AND I are patient he will learn how to wear the harness and leash and then have the best of both worlds.

I think I have another cat either stray or feral wandering through my yard. I haven't seen him/her but when the snow was on the ground I saw footprints that were definitely cat prints. Then, the other night, Pi and Happy were still on the porch after it had just become dark outside. The glass door was still fully open to expose the screen. All of a sudden I heard scratching on the screen and ran out to the porch because I don't want him to claw through the screen and ruin it. He NEVER scratches at it to get out in the daylight so I'm pretty sure he saw a cat out there. Maybe it was an old buddy of his from his free roaming days. Anyway yesterday I was in my backyard and found an enormous hairball in the grass. It wasn't Pi's because he hasn't been outside since first week in February. Has to be another cat. As far as I'm concerned this cat can use Pi's outdoor house that I put under the evergreen and that made it though the winter beautifully. BUT, I'm not feeding anymore strays or ferals. Sorry, I have my hands full right now!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not by a busy street at all. Woods in the front and woods in the back. Bell just basically stays on my porch or back deck. He will go after rabbits and last year he brought me dead ones to put by my door. Ugh but now I leave bell in the house till 10am . There are two cats that roam around here. I feel bad but like you I have enough on my plate. I could be a cat Hoarder . Hahaha.
It's so funny but bell has been in the house for 2 days now with no signs of going out. He sits by the door I open the door and he run to my bedroom.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The netting.on my bedroom window slides open and blighty learnt how to open it. One day I walked into my bedroom and there was whisky, happy as a sandboy-whatever that means-sitting outside on the flower bed.which doesn't have any looking aroud and. Ippicked him up brought him in and bl

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry
closed the netting not realising blighty was out there. My ex saw jhim andbbrought him in and put anbit of cardboard between the .sliding nets and now blighty can't open it, not that he didn't try. Ten minutes outside window.
Blighty scratches the netting in the sitting room and climbs it. Lucky I don't have curtains lol.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please excuse errors they're not all typos i need a new phone but too expensive.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my god stewball you must have been shocked that your cat got out. Thank god he is safe.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please excuse the back ground. I was cleaning my windows. I bought window markets for my grandaughter and I was cleaning the off. What a mess but she had fun

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry
closed the netting not realising blighty was out there. My ex saw jhim andbbrought him in and put anbit of cardboard between the .sliding nets and now blighty can't open it, not that he didn't try. Ten minutes outside window.
Blighty scratches the netting in the sitting room and climbs it. Lucky I don't have curtains lol.
Oh boy Stewball I'll bet your heart was pounding when you saw your cat outside the "netting." I'm guess that is the same thing we call window screens. That was my worry about Pi on my porch when I open the glass to expose the screen. But, so far so good as they say. I have sheer (voile) floor to ceiling curtains out there for privacy but also to be able to see out. People outside can't see in easily unless it's night and the lights are on. He wasn't paying them any attention until he started playing with his paper ball out there. It started to end up behind them and THEN he became aware of them. Drat! Now I knot them up when he plays. He loses interest in them when he's not playing. I'll tell you this, I've certainly had to change the way I live since Pi came into my life. Happy has too and sometimes he's not too happy about it!

Last edited:

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I meant window markers. You can draw pictures on the windows.
Yesterday we had my grandsons communion my son bought his dog out. She looks just like happy. Gwen is afraid of her. So I had to put the to cats in my bedroom all day. I left the two tiny dogs in the living room. Bell is adjusting to the craziness in our family. All did fine. this is little Frida .