PiPi and other cats :-)

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MOD NOTE: some of these posts have been moved from a previous thread, now locked.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a photo of Happy and Pi in October 2014. They've come a long way haven't they!

Last edited by a moderator:

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awwh so cute. Can't believe you got pipi to be so happy in the house. Is that a sun room that happy is in? What kind of breed is happy. It looks like he has a very long tail.
Bell when out today . He came back in in about a half and hour. I just fell so guilty. Than. He started going back and forth to each door. I had to close the doors. He is sleeping on his cat bed now . He should sleep all night now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awwh so cute. Can't believe you got pipi to be so happy in the house. Is that a sun room that happy is in? What kind of breed is happy. It looks like he has a very long tail.
Bell when out today . He came back in in about a half and hour. I just fell so guilty. Than. He started going back and forth to each door. I had to close the doors. He is sleeping on his cat bed now . He should sleep all night now.
Hi Linda. Happy is a Shih Tzu and his tail is bushy and cute. It usually curls up over his back but in this photo he has dropped it because he is looking at Pi. Pi is doing very nicely inside but would like a chance to get outside. He does come to the back door when I go out of it and if I'm not careful I think he'd push out but that would just land him in the vestibule between the outside, the kitchen, and the garage. You might recall there is a door to the outside with a pet door in it. But currently the pet door is shut. I do plan to train him to wear a harness and take him out in the yard on a long leash. No more roaming. I've made up my mind. Otherwise I'll worry myself to death and one day he won't come home because something has killed or hurt him so badly he can't and I'll never forgive myself. I love him too much to let that happen and besides, he has a great life here in the house with his new buddy!

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So glad you made that decision. When I go to my daughter house in conn I worry about Nemo because there are coyotes up in the hills. Wow Coyotes by you is pretty sscary. Can you take a picture of pi with the Harness on. Bell seems to want to stay in more and more . I made the mistake of letting him out and he wanted to go in and out in an out. It will rain tomorrow so I no he will be in. Don't let pi get the smell of out doors unless he does good on the harness . I worried when he was just out for just less than an hour.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My outdoor cat and my indoor cat are doing great. I think my gwen was actually talking to bell. She was chatting with bell. Last night they even slepted closer face to face. I also left them together for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. All went well. The weather is getting nice and I feel so guilty when bell looks outside. Nemo was laying on the deck in the sun and bell use to lay with him. Ugh it is so hard. But I think he wants to be in the house. We will see. Maybe it is more me feeling this way because my husband felt bad and opened the door and bell went out but came back in after 5 min. Stewball does your 2 cats ever fight? I am just waiting bell and gwen never
My outdoor cat and my indoor cat are doing great. I think my gwen was actually talking to bell. She was chatting with bell. Last night they even slepted closer face to face. I also left them together for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. All went well. The weather is getting nice and I feel so guilty when bell looks outside. Nemo was laying on the deck in the sun and bell use to lay with him. Ugh it is so hard. But I think he wants to be in the house. We will see. Maybe it is more me feeling this way because my husband felt bad and opened the door and bell went out but came back in after 5 min. Stewball does your 2 cats ever fight? I am just waiting bell and gwen never fought yet. Gwen was just growling in the beginning.
Your grandaughter is so cute.
fought yet. Gwen was just growling in the beginning.
Your grandaughter is so cute.
Thank you re my granddaughter called Barr. Picked by her 16 year old sister. Probably Barr rafaeli

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Linda.
And how they.fight. a few times a day usually instigated by blighty. It's all in silence and no blood is let. Sometimes it gets a little too rough so I clap my hands hard and blighty runs away but they start again. Sometimes it's quite vicious but then they start washing each other. As long as there are no wounds or blood it's not really serious. Try not worry. They may not fight at all

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks stewball telling me about your to cats. So I guess it is normal. Bell and gwen are getting along great. Everyone in a while gwen will start in. I think she is accepting Bell. Yahoo. I am pretty sure I can leave them over night together. We will be going to my daughter house for Easter . I will have my friend look in on them. Bell is finally getting use to my husband Dominick yahoo. I dont want my bell to be an indoor out side cat but it is so hard because the weather is getting nice and he sees my dog sitting out side and they would do this together. Do you know a site about people having indoor out door cats? I forgot how to post something.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a lovely morning here in Wedtchester County NY! Expecting temperatures as high as 60 degrees by this afternoon. What a dramatic change from what had been. You can see we still have snow but if the balmy weather continues as I hope it will, that snow will soon be gone making way for the flowers of spring.

Have let my boys out on the porch this morning and opened the door but kept the screen door closed. Pi was so delighted to smell the fresh air again and he started meowing to go out but after a few minutes seemed content to sit at the door and watch the birds at the feeder. Linda you had asked if this was a sun room. Actually it was originally an open porch. Then my mom and dad screened it in and finally about 30 years ago added the sliding glass panels. It is not heated but you can bring a space heater out there making it a 3 season porch. I did tell you earlier that I had inherited my family home I believe. Here are a few photos of the boys enjoying this spring-like weather:

Here is the porch in the summer season. I spend most of my time out there when I'm home. Happy loves it as much as I do and I think Pi will too.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks stewball telling me about your to cats. So I guess it is normal. Bell and gwen are getting along great. Everyone in a while gwen will start in. I think she is accepting Bell. Yahoo. I am pretty sure I can leave them over night together. We will be going to my daughter house for Easter . I will have my friend look in on them. Bell is finally getting use to my husband Dominick yahoo. I dont want my bell to be an indoor out side cat but it is so hard because the weather is getting nice and he sees my dog sitting out side and they would do this together. Do you know a site about people having indoor out door cats? I forgot how to post something.
@Linda.
And how they.fight. a few times a day usually instigated by blighty. It's all in silence and no blood is let. Sometimes it gets a little too rough so I clap my hands hard and blighty runs away.

Isn't there somewhere on here for indoor/outdoor cats?

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I love your porch. Happy and pi look so happy together . Ok I caved in and let bell out. All he did was sit on the deck with Nemo. Than I went out and sat with him for a while. Bell kepted going in out. But at one point I thought he was going feral on me because he did not want to come back in. Than gwen was nasty to him today. Judy I wish I had a sunroom. My friend has a sunroom and her two ferals say in the sunroom with heat matts and a heated house. But they stayed out there all winter because she had an indoor cat . They don't get along. But oh I love that room. It was so nice to see the sun today.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well what do you know, Pi-Pi FINALLY realized what the house was for. It's now on my sun porch and this is where I found him a few minutes ago napping...

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh how cute. I had that house but bell did not take to it. And it was outside and it was blowing round. That is perfect for a porch.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
judy how do I post a thread. I want to see if there are others that have an indoor outdoor cat. Bell was out all day today and just came in. He is in for the night .

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found the site that I can post. I don't want bell to be outside but I have to remember that he was out side 8 years now. But the best part of him being outside he also wants to come in to. I am happy that he wants to be in at night. This whole week he is in the house until 12:00 pm. He is a sleepy head.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well what do you know, Pi-Pi FINALLY realized what the house was for. It's now on my sun porch and this is where I found him a few minutes ago napping...

http://www.thecatsite.com/
content/type/61/id/262936/width/200/height/400
Such a sweet little face.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am giving bell the freedom to make his own choice weather he wants to be in the house or out. And so far he had been in the house more than outside. I make sure he comes in at night. Today he chooses to be in. Also today my cat gwen came over to bell and was smelling him all over. Bell seems to be a insecure cat because he follows me like a dog would follow. It's so cute. My biggest goal is getting him to stay in when I go visit my daughter . I am just afraid that the two cats would fight. But they never fought yet and they sleep together. Judy did you install the cat door? Someone on another post told me that there is a cat door that only lets cats in by the Micro chip? Hope all is well. You to stewball.