PiPi and other cats :-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo! Great success this morning. While cuddled up next to me in bed I managed to clip 3 of the 5 claws on Pi's right front paw! After that my boy had had enough. He let me know that by pulling his paw away and giving me a wide eyed stare. I told him ok that was all for today and put the clippers back on the night table by my bed. I must have done it correctly as he didn't run away but snuggled down on my lap for a snooze. I AM THRILLED! Will try to finish the remaining two tomorrow then Friday move on to the left front paw. I found the very informative diagram below on the web--a big help as P's claws are very long.
Well done Judy. I'm proud of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All, haven't posted in quite a while. Pi is doing wonderfully well and seems to enjoy his life as a house cat. Just wanting opinions on this new development. During the spring, summer and early fall months he loves to be on my screened and glassed in porch. There he can keep a watchful eye on all the squirrels, chipmunks and birds that populate my yard. Some of the chipmunks get very bold and come up on the step which is inches from Pi's nose. They seem to understand the screen and glass protects them. Last fall I had the glass door to the outside open and the screen door closed to keep Pi inside. It worked all summer so I thought nothing of it until one day a chipmunk tempted Pi too much and he jumped at it. His weight took him right through the screen tearing it. Next thing I knew he was free in the yard with a chipmunk in his mouth! He dropped it and it escaped (thank goodness) and after about 30 minutes of exploring the yard near the porch I was able to lure him back inside. I taped the rip in the screen and am still saving my pennies to have it repaired. Now I still open the glass door but I have an excellent pet gate which I put there. This allows for the fresh air to come in so both Pi and my dog Happy can feel like they are outside. But, I got thinking that if he were to ever get out of the house again somehow he should have some ID on him. We get a lot of strays around here (he was one) and I don't want any neighbors taking him in and keeping him or something bad happening in other ways. I found this wonderful collar and had his name and phone number embroidered on it (SnazzyFido.com) and after a few days of trying was able to fasten it around his neck. It is a breakaway and I was sure to make it loose enough as well. He's been wearing it 24/7 for 3 days and for the most part is pretty good with it. But he does scratch his neck a bit from time to time and shakes his head. I am such a softy that I get tempted to take it off him but am pretty sure if I do it will be next to impossible to get it back on. Ideally I would take it off at night and put it on again in the morning but that's probably wishful thinking. What are your opinions about cats wearing collars?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nice to see an update on Pi. Glad to hear he's still doing well.  Well other than the chipmunk incident! 

I don't have a collar for my Ruby, so I can't advise on that.  But I will suggest if you don't get any/many replies on this thread, that perhaps you could re-post on the cat care/grooming forum: http://www.thecatsite.com/f/6/cat-care-grooming

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm all for collars. Don't make it too lose Judy as it can get caught. Room for 2 fingers. You should also have him microchipped if you can get him into the basket, or the vet come to you.

How are you Judy. Such a long time since you've been on. Everything okay?
Has your friend been down to stay with you lately?.have you spoken to linda?
Hugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Judy! Yes I'm fine and so is Pi. He wore his collar for two weeks then got it off. Haven't put it back on yet but will eventually. Will be in touch been busy that's all.