Photo update of Lucas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you!  LUcas is now on 1.25 mg of prozac every two days and I noticed this morning that he can climb to my desk, but he can't get down, he started cryting becaus he couldn't get down and I had to help him.  This happened when he firts started the prozac, he was taking 5mg at first.  I guess his body got used to the prozac and weaning him off it will also cause him to feel dizzy.  I don't know, I always get worried.  I hate seeing him like this, I want him to be happy and not suffer for once in his life ...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
He does look wonderful. Maybe he just forgot how to get down because it's been such a long time. Or maybe he wanted little extra attention. Just keep on doing the best you can for him like you have been. :hugs:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks so happy to be able to get up that high again.  And you are such a good meowmy.  This has been a rough time for both of you.  I am sure that the bond has grown closer between the two of you.

jokasta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've stumbled across this thread accidentally, and ended up reading it from start to finish - feeling up a little teary eyed by the end of it, too.

Momto4kitties, I think it's a very admirable thing you did with Lucas. Lots of well wishes going to you and your gorgeous boy! xx

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Photo update! We just got back from the vet and she was super happy to see how well Lucas is doing, he gain a little weight and he will now be on 1mg of prozac every three days, yay! And we will try to lower his dose of prednisolone to 5mg every other day, at least we will try.

Here is a picture of my handsome guy:)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tammy I cant believe I have missed this topic! But what a transformation!!! Lucas looks amazing!!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you so much!  The vet is so happy with his transformation that she didn't even make me pay for the last two visits.  And she told me they have used Lucas's case to help other kitties that are going through the same thing.  I feel so happy more kitties have benefit from this.  I"m just so happy he is doing well, I  want him  to have a happy future since his life has been hell for years

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you sooo much!

Update: still doing great taking 1 mg of prozac every three days, will start giving him the prednisolone every other day next week. 

I took him out for a night walk last week and he loved it so much that now every night at 9:15 he is in front of the door crying, asking me to put his harness on and take him for a walk.  He has to walk at night because he can't be exposed to the sun.  Here are some pics of one of out walks:)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been a bi-stander with this thread, just watching the wonderful progress.

He's looking just fabulous.

I'm also really impressed with the harness... it's much wider around the neck than the one I use, and looks much more comfortable.  I'll have to research their availability over here.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you all! About the harness, I bought it online, Petco.com for $7 I think.  He loves it, he acts like he doesn't even notice that he has it on.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update, it seems like 1mg of Prozac every three days won't work for Lucas :( The vet wanted to try to take Lucas off Prozac if possible, but that won't work.  Lucas has started pulling out his hair again, he already has two bald patches that are all red and inflamed.  I'm not too worried about it because now I know it is anxiety and a higher dose of prozac will do the trick, but I'm also sad because I wanted him off it.

Well, the important thing is that I have to call the vet tomorrow morning so they can tell me what to do.  I don't know if they will make me just give him the same dose every two days or  more than that.

I will update soon....

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes, we have to be on meds  for the rest of our lives whether we want to or not.  If I don't take my BP meds I start having all kinds of problem.

for Lucas and you, both.