Photo update of Lucas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another cute photo update, day 21  of Lucas taking 2mg of prozac (and almost 2 months of starting prozac).

Cute baby in his favorite box, he sleeps in it every night:)

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww lucas!! I just love that boy! I'm so glad he's going so well
Tammy, toy been such a trooper t through this all so has he
I'm just all smiles :D
:vibes: :vibes:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you!! I have a new update!  I took Lucas to the vets yesterday and he lowered his prozac dose to 1mg, if he continues to do better he could be off prozac soon, yay!  The only problem we are having is that the vet is insisting on lowering the dose of prednisolone and Lucas needs 5mg everyday.  Now the vet wants me to give Lucas 5mg  of prednisolone every other day and  I will try, but I know it won't work , I know Lucas too well. I will take a pic soon:)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another update pic, I just took it.  He's been hanging with me because I've been sick and he always sticks with me when Im sick, he notices that I"m not feeling good:

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!  What a long way your sweet baby has come.  He looks wonderful and you ar doing a great job taking care of him.

As for the vet wanting to decrease the dose of pred., that is normal.  It is best if the animal doesn't take it as it can shorten their life span.  I have a dog with SEVERE allergies and he has to take Temaril P daily.  It has Pred. in it.  The doctor has tried many times to get him off of it, bit it was our last resort.  If your doc keeps trying to take him off and it keeps not working, they will eventually give you the option to keep him on it for life - knowing there are risks.  For us, QUALITY of life for my dog won out over QUANITY of life. 

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oooh my sweet lil lucas! he just looks so amazing tammy!!! :D

and i love when i read he sticks by you when yr sick, cause he knows that when hes

sick you always stick by him untill hes better :rbheart:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! Lucas is still doing great. The only thing I worry about is that he lost weight :(   I was thinking it could be that the prozac could be making him lose his appetite, but now he is taking only 1mg of prozac and he is still not eating as much as he used to.  He weights 8lbs right now and he always was 11lbs before.

I guess I'll talk to the vet about it next month.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He doesn't look underweight yet, maybe on the skinny side of normal, but not in the danger zone. I've been on Prozac (it is also used for humans, in my case for anxiety) and I did notice my appetite took a dip that first month; after that, it was back up to normal. If your Lucas gets used to it, he might gain that weight back. Maybe your vet will know if that sort of thing happens when cats take it, too.

He looks so comfortable and happy now. I think he must feel lots better, despite the weight loss.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I  was just hoping that now that he is taking a low dose of Prozac he could start eating more again but I guess it will take more time.  I have to say Prozac is the best thing that has happened to us, I thought there was not help for Lucas.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Update! Lucas is now on 1/8 of a 10mg pill of Prozac every other day, and he is still doing wonderfully good. The vet thinks Lucas will be off Prozac soon, I just pray he continues to do well without the Prozac, its been a lifesaver for Lucas, but I really want him to do ok without it. 

The vet keeps insisting that Lucas should not be taking the 5mg of pred he is taking now, we'll try to give it to him every other day as soon as he is off prozac, but I know he will still need to take it everyday. But can't hurt to try.

Here are a couple of pics of my lil guy:)

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been following lucas's progress, but since I had no advice to offer, I haven't posted. I just had to say what a fine job you have done in pulling your baby through this tough time. He looks like a different cat, this one is a beautiful, happy looking kitty. The difference is amazing.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh!  He really does look wonderful!  Good job

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Its been horrible to see my baby suffer, but thank God he is doing soo much better.  If your kitty gets sick , you can't give up, you have to fight to get them better , I love my boy to death:)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOOK at how GOOD Lucas is doing!!!! AWWW he is so happy and peaceful in those pictures. I am so happy that he is doing so well and I know how that must make you feel!!!!! :bigthumb: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: