Old buddy getting old

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He even bolted outside over the weekend, though I bolted after him and hauled him back in.
lol, they do like to make sure whether our hearts are working properly or not :thumbsup:

I apologize, I haven't kept up enough, the vet(s) didn't say anything about his numbers being a bit hyper-T ? His blood pressure is ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, they do like to make sure whether our hearts are working properly or not :thumbsup:

I apologize, I haven't kept up enough, the vet(s) didn't say anything about his numbers being a bit hyper-T ? His blood pressure is ok?
Dunno about numbers, but he sure seems hyper T from his food consumption combined with loss of weight. But, he's still reasonably lively, and in tune with the world, more or less. No problems with blood pressure.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like my initial assessment from yesterday was a false alarm. BB is eating, and screeching and being his usual wuvable' old self!

Thanks for all the support!

Gonna keep a further eye on him, extra close. Especially the food intake.

Anyone have any other thoughts, to paraphrase Rick James: Give 'em to me bay bay!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looks like my initial assessment from yesterday was a false alarm. BB is eating, and screeching and being his usual wuvable' old self!

Thanks for all the support!

Gonna keep a further eye on him, extra close. Especially the food intake.

Anyone have any other thoughts, to paraphrase Rick James: Give 'em to me bay bay!
While it's especially important to keep the seniors well vetted, the best thought I can give you is sometimes they, like us, just have a day they don't feel good for whatever reason. I'd say "don't panic" but I'd need to learn to take my own advice first! :lol:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew!

lol

Other thoughts ... hmmm. I don't recall if I mentioned kitten food, for the extra calories, or maybe you already are giving him some? Does he like butter? A little now and then wouldn't hurt, and also some cooked egg, if he and his vet are amenable?
Oh, yes, he's been getting kitten food, and liking it, too. Till yesterday when he turned up his nose! But not today. GULP GULP GULP.

I'll try the butter and cooked egg.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big Boy wolfed down a couple tins this morning.

Anyone here have experience with Mirtazapine, which is an appetite stimulant applied by rubbing on the inside of the kitty's ear?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone here have experience with Mirtazapine, which is an appetite stimulant applied by rubbing on the inside of the kitty's ear?
I think many of us have used Mirtazapine at one time or another. Fortunately I've always had good results with it and no side effects. However, they weren't on it for very long. Were you thinking of using it on a permanent daily basis for Buddy? Glad to hear he woofed down a couple of tins this morning. :thumbsup: