Ok I did it - new kitten

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Sicy! He looks like a nice kitten. Make sure to keep us posted as to how your kitties get along. My sister has had another kitten in her house (to join her 6 year old cat) for a couple of months now and they don't get along quite yet. -hope yours do.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Sicy.. I bet they will grow up to be best friends- I just loved all the pictures of him! Give Zoey a
from me.. let her know she's still loved!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going through the hissing thing right now also! My cats all want to play with lola, but lola is hissing at them
i'm going to try using vanilla instead of purfume since lola isn't used to our smells either. Good luck! Hope we both have happy nonhissing homes sooon!!

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Sicy! He's soooooo adorable!!! :kitty5:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He pooped! yay! lol

Well I just dabbed them both with vanilla and let him out
Zoey hissed once, and now she's just chasing him all over the house. Saki wants to play with her but Zoey is cautious.

I forgot to get a feliway plug in.. gonna get one today.

G

ghostuser

I can't believe how adorable they look together
Congratulations and good luck.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg they're chasing each other around the house LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Zoey's all "BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!" She does that when she plays! This is so cool!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sicycat
omg they're chasing each other around the house LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Zoey's all "BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!" She does that when she plays! This is so cool!!
Zoey is no dummy...LOL...now you are in for it! Two cats plotting and planning ..."total domination by charming persuasion" is the goal, they'll have you trained up to satisfy their slightest whim forever!

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Sicy on getting Zoey a new little brother!

They are so cute together.
Take lots of photos of them together while he is little because someday Saki will probably be bigger than her!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man I think Saki is wearing Zoey out
Zoey is breathing hard and had her mouth open for a couple seconds
Ok Saki, play time is over

Zoey is a big cat for a female, I wonder how big Saki will get.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Sicy!!! Or Saki!!
What a cutie pie and he does look like a mini-Zoey!!! LOL! But he seems to be affectionate with you so hopefully that will stay. His little weiner will be popping out, even my JBs who is three going on four next month pops out when he's in a perky mood
Anyway....have fun with the little one and don't forget to give Zoey lots of affection so that she knows she is still loved by you!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sicy, you couldn't have gotten a kitten that looked more like Zoey, if you tried. They are going to be an adorable duo. They already are, but imagine how cute it will be, when Saki grows up, and they look like twins.

As far as their little "things" coming out, my males rarely have theirs out, usually the only time I see that, is when they are bathing themselves. I've never even seen Simba's yet.

By the way, I just love your rugs. You have a really pretty apartment.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks hope

I cant really tell what color Saki's eyes are. I know they are not a striking green like Zoey's. His coat looks like he may have some stripes too.

I'm really ticked off man.. now I found a flea on Saki *screams* He has had advantage so I dont understand it. I dont see any flea dirt though on neither him or Zoey. I think they just started coming in. I'm going to stop feeding the stray. I cant afford for my cats to become flea infested. She fed herself fine for over a year, she'll have to just do it again. So I just vacumed and threw out the bag. I'm off for the day. See you guys later.

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fleas!!! Arrggghhhhh!!!

Congrats on the new kitty! I am sooooo envious, driving over to the festival (Polk) yesterday I told my hubby, Sicy's getting a kitty right now on the other side of the bay, I want one too! SURE you don't want to go to the shelter instead of the festival?

Loved the pics. Mini-Zoey!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the fleas, Sicy. One other trick, with the vacuum get a flea collar and cut it up into pieces and put it in the vacuum bag. This will kill them while you are vacuuming. (The only decent use of those horrible flea collars!)

With Prego, I wouldn't stop feeding her, just move her food so she isn't hanging out by the door. Hopefully once you gain more of her trust, you can also treat her for worms and fleas on a fairly regular basis and then it will be OK for her to be on your porch.

Early neutering is becoming more and more common, especially for shelter kittens. They have found that too many times if the kitten isn't spayed or neutered when it leaves the shelter, it won't get done. There is also research showing that early spaying and neutering isn't harmful to the cats. Here is an article on the effects of early spay/neuter.