Not again please.... - London

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am at work... I took the tube on the Victoria Line to Euston then had to walk quite a way to the office. I was dodging camera crews and police tape around Warren Street... mum called me and said she thinks she saw me walking in the distance on Sky News... lol

Susan, hope your trip in was okay today too and that there were not too many problems at the station

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local news says there is breaking news out of London. The police over there shot a man suspected of being a suicide bomber that was in the subway............

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ Yeah we just heard that too - Stockwell, South London - Victoria and Northern Lines. The tube is all shut again ...

They have also said that a Mosque in Hackney, East London has been surrounded by armed police.

I hope they find these f u c k e r s.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just talking to someone here about how ppl feel differently in situations like this. I think part of my anxiety is the fact that I don't know how I will get home again later ... I might just go back to Liverpool Street again and get the overland train.

I also just
at my desk... I had my counselling session last night (for depression etc) and I did say that I think that in general I have been on a high, yet the events of the last few weeks have had a knock on effect. Because I am vunerable to suddenly break down and have that black cloud above me, things like this almost double the effect on those feelings...

But anyway, I should stop blabbling because I know you are all getting fed up now of reading this stuff... blah...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

I was just talking to someone here about how ppl feel differently in situations like this. I think part of my anxiety is the fact that I don't know how I will get home again later ... I might just go back to Liverpool Street again and get the overland train.

I also just
at my desk... I had my counselling session last night (for depression etc) and I did say that I think that in general I have been on a high, yet the events of the last few weeks have had a knock on effect. Because I am vunerable to suddenly break down and have that black cloud above me, things like this almost double the effect on those feelings...

But anyway, I should stop blabbling because I know you are all getting fed up now of reading this stuff... blah...
Never Gilly.....we're all family here, and if one hurts or is worried or down, then we're here for ya!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Our local news says there is breaking news out of London. The police over there shot a man suspected of being a suicide bomber that was in the subway............
just heard that here on the news as well

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gilly, and the rest of you, stay strong, and stay safe. My prayers are with you all. And please, don't even think you need to stop "blabbing". When I heard that something had happened, I couldn't even find up to date news reports, but TCS had everything. So if it helps you to keep posting about your fears, and everything that is going on, it also helps us in the "rest of the world" know what is really happening.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Yeah, I heard that yesterday - well that someone had been shot! It's confirmed now then?

and yes, Gilly, we're all always here for you!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Yeah, I heard that yesterday - well that someone had been shot! It's confirmed now then?

and yes, Gilly, we're all always here for you!
That was yesterday, there were two incidents - one outside Downing St on Whitehall, the other outside Warren Street in UCH...

This is something different today down in South London. Nothing has really been realeased about yesterdays shootings/arrests though from what I have read. Just waiting to hear more news on todays stuff.

Thanks guys

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The man that they shot earlier this morning at Stockwell is dead... just been confirmed.

I hope he was one of the bombers...

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The man that they shot earlier this morning at Stockwell is dead... just been confirmed.

I hope he was one of the bombers...
I just read about the man shot.

Gilly, I'm sporting my British flag shirt today in support of you guys!

Praying for you...and all of us...that peace will come.

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have a bag that was blown open but not destroyed.. so they will get clues to who is making the bombs, there could be DNA on it..

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I also just

Gilly,

We care and want to know. You have been under tremedous stress and if talking to us help relieve some of it, I know all of us will gladly listen.
I normally stay away from forums while I'm at work, but during the first week and this week, I have had to check in and see how you are doing.

I know that feeling of wanting to get home. We've had blizzards here (starts the day sunny and then the storm clouds move in). I'm listening constantly to the weather reports trying to figure out how or if I'm getting home. Listening to road closures, delays, etc. The anxiety can be brutal.

How is your foot doing? Is it getting better or is all of the walking these last two days affecting it?

We will do everything we can do help you find the strength we know you have.

Jana

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Gilly! I'm so GLAD to hear that u got home SAFELY last nite AND also to work safely this morning!

PLEASE FEEL FREE to turn to us TCSERS for support! That's what we are here for. ...

U can also pm me..
HANG IN THERE...