Not again please.... - London

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gilly,

I don't think you should ever feel like you are babbling to us.

These past two weeks have been stressful for you and I admire your courage.
I look forward to reading your version of the events going on in London. I can read all the news to get details- but you are there and I marvel at the technology that allows us to get instant news from half way around the world.

I think all us TCS'ers support each other and I appreciate everyone's advise or comments.

Hang in there its Friday, go home rest the foot, enjot Harry Potter and lots of beverages AND RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well, I have lost my bottle... I have been
on and off this afternoon and also, my tummy is badly upset now

My tube line is working this evening (with delays and two stations closed) but I am no way as confident as I was this morning. I am going to leave here at 5pm, get a cab to Liverpool Street and take the mainland train. I can't face it tonight considering yesterday there were suspected bombers on my tube line at my station, then today on my tube line someone was shot dead.

Thanks guys again

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Susan, if I don't text back too much it's because I want to save my credit just in case I need it. I feel like I am slightly over-reacting but then I spoke to a friend who uses my line home too. I asked her what time she was leaving, could I go with her etc (but she left earlier on today and took the tube) she said she does not blame me if I am too scared... and I just tried booking a cab but can't get one - so many ppl want out of London tonight, yet so many ppl will stay and carry on.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. Be safe.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My journey home was okay really. I managed to flag a cab to take me the 1/2 hour ride to Liverpool St. It cost me £12 mind you but I don't care today. I could have taken the tube home on my normal route but it just didn't feel right this evening. I got on the overland train, no problems. Then just before we were due to pull into my station, came the announcement that Walthamstow Central (where I live) was closed because of a security alert...
So after another diversion and a local cab to take me to my front door, I finally go home (picking up a tub of Hageen Daz on the way).

I went to see my neighbour and she made me a strong coffee with a rather large helping of brandy added

Just to pre-warn you, I don't think I will be online this weekend. In fact, I want some time out from internet/tv/newspapers etc. I have also just spoken to my sister and a few friends because I am feeling pretty depressed tonight.

Thanks everyone, you have been truly wonderful and I know I keep saying it but I really, really do appreciate it (and so does the rest of London and Britain!)

Gilly xx

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gilly - have a lovely pleasant weekend - you're so right, you need to take a break from all of this.

I'm so relieved to be able to say that my son phoned us today to ask our opinion and we said that we would avoid travelling through London today because traffic is unlikely to be going anywhere fast. Thankfully he devised a work around and is picking up the coach much closer to Dover - not going into London at all!