Not again please.... - London

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a line from one of the leaders that said "i doubt there would be an attack twice in such a short time" the other week.
Bf reminded me of it today, he said that the attackers probably laughed at him while seeing it on TV and wanted to prove the brits wrong

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!st I'm glad you are all all right. 2nd my inclination is nuke em till they glowbut it isnt practical, wouldn't stop the terrostists and most of the Muslims arent to blame anyway. But sometimes I still like the idea of turning the middle east into a glass crater.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

There was a line from one of the leaders that said "i doubt there would be an attack twice in such a short time" the other week.
Bf reminded me of it today, he said that the attackers probably laughed at him while seeing it on TV and wanted to prove the brits wrong
Well, 9/11 should prove to anyone that anything can happen in a series of rows. Look at all the planes and buildings and lives destroyed. No one should ever underestimate what those terrorists are capable of...it's like throwing gasoline on a fire!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

!st I'm glad you are all all right. 2nd my inclination is nuke em till they glowbut it isnt practical, wouldn't stop the terrostists and most of the Muslims arent to blame anyway. But sometimes I still like the idea of turning the middle east into a glass crater.
Its sad the way the Muslims are being treated now. I watched a show called 30 days a couple of weeks back made by the guy that did "Super Size Me". Because of the terrorists, the innocent are having to suffer. It's a sad world. Someone mentioned earlier about World War III...this is it, in my opinion. It will get its label in about 50 years when our great grandchildren are learning it in history.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Its sad the way the Muslims are being treated now. I watched a show called 30 days a couple of weeks back made by the guy that did "Super Size Me". Because of the terrorists, the innocent are having to suffer. It's a sad world. Someone mentioned earlier about World War III...this is it, in my opinion. It will get its label in about 50 years when our great grandchildren are learning it in history.
I saw that same show - very sad.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you are all okay

I hope I live to see the day when all of this ends, though on days like this I somehow doubt it

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw a photo of some police armed with large rifles in London - and I got to thinking - armed police in the US is the standard - armed police with large guns, while not common, they can be seen in airports since 9/11. Just the sight of police with guns has to be unsettling for Londoners I bet.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

I saw that same show - very sad.
Yeah. I have a new understanding of other religions than my own since I took World Religions in the Spring. I also have a new appreciation of respecting others around me no matter what. It's a great feeling. I think its fascinating to learn from everyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Any word from Gilly yet?!
I got home at 7pm... I text Susan (Rosiemac) to let her know I was home as well.

So my story home.... I left just after 5pm - the cab didn't show. I called the cab company and they said there was a 2 hour delay
So I decided to start walking to the first working tube station that I could find.

Anyway, my walk took me past all the police cordons so in the end, I had to walk around the houses! The sad part of my trip was that I had to walk through Tavistock Sq (where the bus bomb 2 weeks ago killed so many). There were flowers everywhere
Then when I got to Kings X to try the tube, they still had pictures of the ppl who had died all over the walls

Well... Kings X was closed due to a security alert
Myself and 1000's of Londoners stood there wondering what the feck to do. Luckily, I saw a cab and took my chances. I hailed it and it took me straight to Liverpool Street Mainline Station. The roads were emtpy.... I managed to get on the overland train to near where I live

I got home at 7pm... I had an appointment at the doctors at 8pm so I have just been there and now just got home (it's 10pm now). I am exhausted!

But... if my tube line is working tomorrow, I am going to work even though I am not as confident as I was two weeks ago.

If my tube line is not working, I am not and will not struggle into work ... that's what I think now anyway...

to everyone

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update Gilly. Rest well tonight. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & all of our London friends.

Lei

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Gilly,

How is your foot doing after having to walk for a bit?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I couldn't wait to get home from work and make sure all you guys over there were ok. I just hate the people that try to intimidate/hurt us!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The police were at the train stations tonight again

And i know we shouldn't put all muslims etc...in the same bracket, but when these bombers have been born and bred in the UK they have to understand that we have to be cautious at all times, and if that means looking at what their carrying in their hands, or looking at the ruck sack on their backs, then so be it!.

When it comes to their family and friends saying their shocked at whats happend because they never acted any differently, then i'll be looking very closely at all of them even more so now.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

But... if my tube line is working tomorrow, I am going to work even though I am not as confident as I was two weeks ago.

If my tube line is not working, I am not and will not struggle into work ... that's what I think now anyway...

to everyone
I truly think that it is the strength of people like you, Gillian, who will win this war on terror! To go to work after the scarey attacks you have been through! Even if you decide to seek new employment elsewhere later, your decision to continue to go through your daily routines is so courageous.

You may not feel like a hero now,
but all the UKers and especially the Londoners are true heros to keep going strong.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i just heard late last night, i am so sorry you have to go through this again, please stay strong.

you will all be in my prayers.

felicia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh it wasn't all a dream

De ja vu...

Shall I go to work, Shall I stay at home?

I can get to work if a little diverted. Some of the Vicky Line is working but my tube station, Warren Street is closed this morning as the police etc are doing forensics... I think I might take the mainland train to Liverpool St then commute from there. It's a bit of a diversion but my tummy is not up for a tube trip today... dunno. I might get to the tube and change my mind. As long as I stick to my Harry Potter book and not the newspaper then I should be okay in Hogwarts rather than London