Not again please.... - London

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Thoughts and prayers are with you Gilly, and everyone else. Stay safe.
We just heard about this...all of you, please stay safe...you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Crazy lunatic terrorists...why can't we all just get along??? I'm about sick of them bombing us, killing and hurting all of our people for no reason and taking away of feeling of safety and freedom. It needs to STOP.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laura my Directors daughter has just been in to say goodbye with her leaving for London on saturday.

When she left i said "Keep your eyes and ears open at ALL times, and your mobile fully charged!!".

She's with the attitude " What can i do?, if i don't go down then they've won!"

You go girl!!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of all you Londoners again, just bloody awful. What the hell makes a young man with everything to live for bomb the country he should be calling home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ginger's Mum

I highly recommend you read this, this girl is a true survivor and I wish her all the best.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4670099.stm#thursday
I posted the link to "Rachels Diary" in the last topic re: 7th July bombings.

Thank you for posting it again - I commented via email to Rachel and I am amazed by her strenth to carry on. Except, she did crash and did have to take time out and after her initial return to work, was signed off by doctors for a while. I wonder how today's events are affecting those who were caught up 2 weeks ago?

It's nice to read that, to give you support etc but right now it won't make much difference to my feelings. I just went for cig break and if I had a camera I would post you the pics of outside my office right now. Police, tv crew, police blue tape closing the roads and dazed ppl walking about wondering what's happened? How will they get home? All the electrical shops in Tottenham Crt Rd have the news on - there are crowds outside those shops too wanting to know what is happening.

I won't mention the sirens, except I have just taken some Nurofen (again!)

*******s

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been at the barn at all night, just got in. My heart is heavy and my prayers are flying. How much more are you guys supposed to take of this insanity?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, no fatalities which is good. Stay safe, Gilly and Rosiemac and everyone else in the England! My prayers are with you!

Courtney

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, thanks

I am sure that when I wake up tomorrow I will have to pinch myself to see if I have been having a nightmare... I still can't believe it. Quite frankly, everyone in the office is also finding it hard to come to terms that something else has happened only just 2 weeks since the last attacks.

If I had been at home today, I would feel slightly differently because then I know that I would be safe. But this afternoon I don't feel safe and want out of the office ASAP. Not long till 5.00pm... I am sure the cab will take a while though to get out of central London because of the closed roads... *sigh*

And other Londonders as well, we have already been on egg shells the last 2 weeks staring at ppl on the tube with large bags, staring at anyone who is wearing muslim dress and in some cases, tubes being evacuated because someone left an empty Tesco bag there etc. Now what's going to happen? Are we going to stare everyone out? Are we going to freak at an un-attended newspaper thinking there is a bomb in it?

It's happened once, almost twice - they better not let it happen again.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez you guys... I saw a blurb on this on yahoo's front page but I thought it was from the last time, never knew it would happen again and so soon. How horrible - I'm glad to hear you're safe!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right, I am off home shortly...

I will try and log on when I get home just to check in, but I am meant to be going out somewhere so hopefully I will have time. I am not sure how long it will take to get home, but I hope Mr Cab Driver knows some sneaky short cuts!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe Gilly! My sister is okay, thank goodness. She works at Piccadilly Circus (sp??) in a NZ food store.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my heart dropped when i heard the news,but thank god no one was killed.im lucky i dont have to go into central london very often,but i wont be going on a tube ever again,ill go on the motor bike in and out quick.
must feel a little shaken ive poured myself a drop of wine (and i dont drink!!)
they have arrested some ppl lets hope they talk.

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what the hell is WRONG with these people? I get so enraged and heart sick and hopeless thinking about this. Something major HAS to be done in order to stop this. (unfortunatley I don't know what).

Someone on my other boards asked if anyone thought there would be World War III. A couple people responded and said - I think we're in the middle of it right now. I tend to agree.

My thoughts are with you in London, and all over the world where people have to live with this....