Need assistance with newborn kitten

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's sad that your baby has a blockage. :( Have you tried that weird triangle method-thing? I never used it, so I can't tell you if it works. Did you check the link I gave you a while back? The "chaos' guide to constipation?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is the triangle method?

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok just watched the video I have not tried this but I will in just a few minutes after I watch the video again to make sure I understand how

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy and playing :) still no poop without doing an enema though

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:( Are you still trying to feed her solid food? Whenever she eats a full solid meal, 24 hrs or so later she should poo a lot. I wonder what's causing the constipation, though.

Any pictures?

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's so BIG!! Oh my. She's 5 weeks? I keep forgetting. Hopefully she goes to the bathroom by herself soon.

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 5 weeks and 3 days old

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So she's a big, little ball of fur. ;p I like how she's getting ready to meow in the picture where she's on the laptop.

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she has to me in my way at all times or she isn't happy lol

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Khaos does that. He'll meow from where he is until he gets to me, then meow until he's on my lap. He'll stay on my lap for for about ten minutes. Then he'll jump on my laptop and meow at me to pet him from up there.

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol yep that's what she does

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so Circles won't even smell of the food in the bowl she won't lick it off my finger or a spoon either it like there is nothing there but she gets super excited if she see her bottle she is almost 6 weeks :( and still very much dependent on me for her feedings. To me she seems so much smaller then a normal 6 week old kitten she has so far been hitting all her milestones late

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Khaos gets excited when he sees his bottles as well. He jumps straight into my lap.

Your going to have to put the food in her mouth. Just a small amount on your pinky. She has to get used to the taste and texture.

Mama cat lays down on her nipples so they can't drink, having to find food elsewhere. Try giving her solid food 1-2 later than her normal bottle feedings would be at.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know how much she weighs now? And how much formula does she eat over a 24-hour period?

Kittens start to wean around 5 to 6 weeks, but it is a process, and they continue to nurse, so it's fine that she still loves her bottle. But she will begin to need more nutrition in addition to the milk, in order to grow, so continue to offer her the wet food before the bottle.

Was the wet food mushy or mixed with some of her milk?

Last edited:

lolaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have been mixing it with her milk but she shows no interest in it at all I am not sure how much she weighs she eats between 15ml and 30ml 4 times a day which is what the vet told me to do some times she eats a little more often just depends on her