Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The cats graciously allowed us to sleep in until right around 6:00 this morning. It helped that we gave them a good snack when we got home around 1:00, so maybe they weren't starving so early.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed, scooped the boxes
  • I made Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake and that's baking in the oven. I also made the thickener for the whipped peanut butter frosting. Our dessert tonight is chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.  (If you're ever looking for the chocolate cake, I highly recommend this one. It's simply delicious. Moist and very chocolate-y.)
  • Just threw the second load of laundry in the washer. Still have to wash the bed linens and get them in the dryer. Rick is going to do a quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
along with the usual daily chores (wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, get the wood stove going), i made a batch of (from scratch) coconut pudding, and froze half the chili (which i made in the slow cooker yesterday) and the last serving of the turkey enchiladas.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning after a very busy weekend. The cats were milling about in the bedroom this morning and Rick and I were still in bed. He wondered where our weekend went so quickly. We were considering taking the day off as vacation day for me and a personal day for Rick, but somehow I ended up in my cube this morning. Darn it.
  • Breakfast, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower, mailed off some bills on my way into work this morning and here I am!
  • I have a hair appt this afternoon right after work, but, depending on the weather, I may have to re-schedule. Raining now, but it's to change over to sleet and freezing rain, then snow later on tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • Need to work on a grocery list; I had no time over the weekend to even look at the store ad
  • Manicure tonight. I did just enough last night to attempt to fix some chips and such. I need to do a good one tonight. Ruby Pumps by China Glaze. Such a gorgeous red it is! I love reds.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have about three loads of laundry to do.

Write a couple checks to pay some bills.

Cook myself some halibut or salmon. A dear friend cleaned out his freezer and came to see me yesterday. I consider it true love when somebody gives me fish and it is already cleaned and ready to cook.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
-mammogram
- exercise bike
- go by the shelter and drop some food off.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
along with the usual daily chores (wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, get the wood stove going), i made a batch of (from scratch) coconut pudding, and froze half the chili (which i made in the slow cooker yesterday) and the last serving of the turkey enchiladas.
Coconut pudding sounds heavenly. Is it like a mousse?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-mammogram
- exercise bike
- go by the shelter and drop some food off.
Few things worse than having a mammogram. For years we had them at a place directly downstairs from the internist, but now we have to go to the next town over, which is a pain. The old place gave us the result right then & there, but the new place sends us a letter 2 weeks later!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coconut pudding sounds heavenly. Is it like a mousse?
no, not a mousse. i made pudding from scratch, substituting my leftover coconut milk for part of the milk and using coconut extract instead of vanilla extract. it turned out really quite good. 

today i did the usual daily chores -- washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took the trash out, got the wood stove going. after that i read for a while, and played some games on my computer. it was a very nice and relaxing day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That coconut pudding sounds delicious!
  • Breakfast, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower, stopped for gas on my way into work, and stopped for 2 sour cream glazed donuts (I treated myself this morning)
  • Call my OB-GYN to schedule an appointment. 
  • Try to find time to look through the blasted grocery store ad! Still haven't done it.
  • Grab a few groceries tonight.
  • Scoop the boxes

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I needed to find an owners manual fast yesterday and pulled a bunch of things out to get to it. I need to put the pile of other manuals, etc, back.

Go through a week's worth of mail, receipts and bills.

get trash and recyclables together for tomorrow's pickup.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hump Day. Rick did not want to get out of bed this morning. I think that, one of these days, he's going to look at me and say, "You know what? The heck with this. I'm done. I'm retiring." I think he's getting close. A lot closer than he used to be anyway.
  • Breakfast, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower.
  • I'm walking over to the farmers' market today at lunch. I need new yeast and the weather hasn't been conducive to walking over there. It's only open on Wednesdays.
  • Trash night tonight (Rick will take care of that)
  • I separated three piles of laundry on the hallway floor to do tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, a quick shower
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
And I think that will be it. Supernatural comes back tonight at its new time (8:00 instead of 9:00), so that might give me an extra hour of sleep or an extra hour of reading time.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
along with the usual washing the dishes and scooping the litter boxes, i took out the trash, made a batch of home cooked carob pudding...
, put together the pizza sauce (not a cooked sauce, and will sit in the fridge until tomorrow or saturday, when i make the pizza), and got the wood stove going.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nothing has gone as planned for the past few days and it's been a bit stressful and hectic around here. Let's see if today is different. :cross:

Going to try to -

walk
pay bills
do some laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TGIF around here. Rick and I have both had a busy week at work.
  • Breakfast, 3.5 miles on the treadmill (and the last thing I wanted to do was get on that treadmill this morning. I told Rick I didn't wanna and he didn't say a word; he just gave me that look and pointed to the stairs. And hanging my head and muttering under my breath, I went down the steps to the basement. I didn't get the treadmill turned on right away and I heard him say, "I don't hear anything!!!" Slave-driver), made the bed, and grabbed my shower. (While I was on the treadmill, he came downstairs to do the recyclables. He blew me a kiss; I showed him one finger. He just laughed.)
  • We need a new shower curtain liner, so off to Target tonight. Or maybe WalMart. His company always gives the employees a WM gift card for Christmas. We don't go to WM much at all anymore and so we tend not to use the cards; we just forget about them. And, in fact, he can't find the gift card he just got. If he can find it, we'll buy the liner at WM; if not, then we'll go to Target. I am also looking for new muffin pans.
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight. I fully intended to scoop this morning, but I run out of time in the morning.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Plowing through almost 1,000 emails since the glitch was solved with notifications. Fun.
  2. Felt a cold coming on today - I never get colds - so put my head down and plowed through daily walk today. Was still out for 2 hours though.
  3. Having a soaking bath & pedicure tomorrow so skipped shower today. I just love doing that!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

1. Plowing through almost 1,000 emails since the glitch was solved with notifications. Fun.
Whoa!
  • Breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, 4.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, Rick scooped the boxes
  • Didn't get down to Target last night, so we're going to do that this morning when we run errands. I also have a Buy $30 worth of Stuff, Get $10 off coupon from PetSmart that I need to use. We'll buy cat food....we always need cat food.
  • Vacuum, Swiffer a bit, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
We really wanted to go over to the NEPA Home and Garden Show at the Mohegan Sun in the Pocono area today, but the snow showers and squalls are to start flying. I hate driving on I-80 during snow squalls; white-outs occur quickly and then there are always accidents on that Interstate. We were supposed to go with friends, but we all decided against it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally got to the Containter Store today. I bought a cookie tin to mail some cookies in and also checked out the Elfa utility door racks. I ended up buying one utility door rack and three bins to attach to it. It was easy to install using the over-the-door hooks. I put a few things into the baskets already and will move more stuff in eventually and organize the linen closet. I'm going to go back to the store before the Elfa sale ends and get another door rack for my hallway closet.

Also went to Target to get TurboTax (got a free gift card with purchase
) and toothpaste and a greeting card.

Need to spend the rest of the evening relaxing because it's back to work tomorrow

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@LTS3, I bet it's really looking nice!
  • Breakfast, 3.5 miles on the treadmill (Rick emptied the dishwasher and scooped)
  • Getting ready to throw my third load of laundry in the washer, stripped the bed down
  • I might start going through some of the kitchen cabinets to see what I might be able to put into storage for awhile. I have no room in the kitchen for anything anymore. My sister and I are thinking about having a garage sale this spring or summer. 
We did get a new shower liner yesterday and I also ended up buying two muffin pans. So, of course, Dear Richard suggested this morning that maybe I should use them. I guess that's his hint that he wants muffins. 
 Maybe some kind of coffee cake muffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.