Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is sleeting here, so whatever I do will be inside the house.
I want to run the Shark Robot cleaner. I have much laundry to do. Then I probably will wipe up in the bathrooms. We have enough leftovers to eat, so I am not cooking today. Winchester Winchester I waited for you on Sunday, but you didn't show to eat your share of the soft crabs, so we finished them last night. :yess:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our kids are now coming on Friday (they've had that flu that's been going around and our son said it was really ugly). He would rather wait an extra day to make sure they've had all their meds and are (hopefully) not contagious anymore. He said it was a bad two weeks and Christmas wasn't all that pretty either.
  • Breakfast for the kids (at 7:30 because we decided we just weren't getting up early!), emptied the dishwasher, and had some hot cocoa with toast, put butter and cream cheese in the microwave to soften and took the beef and the cranberry relish from the freezer to thaw for tomorrow (Rick has to go in town to pick up the white coconut cake and run a few errands)
  • Vacuum, dust, scoop the boxes, wipe the kitchen and the bathroom, wash the tablecloth and napkins for tomorrow's dinner
  • Make confetti cabbage with honey-celery seed dressing and the peanut butter swirl cheesecake for tomorrow's Christmas dinner with the kids
  • Rick has to wrap presents for the kids tonight after he comes home from bowling (he wasn't going to bowl, but since the kids are coming tomorrow now, he's good)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had our Christmas with our kids yesterday and had a great time.
This morning, we awakened to snow. Our local weather weenies said it would flurry and squall off and on today, but that we wouldn't get more than an inch of snow. Mmhm, when Rick and Miss Beast went outside this morning at 6:30, we already had about two inches. It's really coming down.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed
  • Working on the last of 3 loads of laundry
  • Our electrician is supposed to come in today to talk to us about lighting in the bathroom; if he calls to postpone, I wouldn't be surprised because of the roads. PA-DOT has been out a couple times as has the Township.
  • A quick vacuuming (nothing big, just in the kitchen and living room) and a bit of a Swiffer
  • I may take my iPad and Kindle back to bed this afternoon and snuggle with the cats while Rick is watching football
And that's pretty much it. Nothing big planned. As far as I know, we're not leaving the house today.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heading out to pick up a few groceries and check out Wal Mart at some point today. I have ten pounds of collard cleaned and ready to wash. I will be doing that sometime this weekend, not sure if today. I cooked a big meal for my nephew and his family last night. I was busy all day yesterday with that, so I hope I just get chance later today to curl up somewhere with the good book I am reading and just rest some. Once in a while, I feel my age. :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hear you blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 ; both Rick and I have been feeling our age this month. Rick says he's waking up with more and more pains (knees, ankles, arms, and wrists). We're getting old(er). We said that, this year, the best thing about the holidays is that we're off work for longer stretches and can enjoy not doing much. After a while, I get to the point where I just want to flop on the couch or in bed with the cats and a book. And I've made sure that I'm getting in some good reading time.
Rick will go to the store later on this morning for our supplies for New Year's Eve tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, and scooped the boxes
  • I need to make my bread for our Big Sandwich for tonight
  • I'm taking down the Tacky White Tree; Rick brought up the boxes for the blue balls and they're on the kitchen table waiting for me. I want to finish my coffee, then I'll start. Once I've gotten all the balls off, Rick will take the tree apart, put it in its box and take it all down to the basement. And then I'll give the kitchen and living room a good vacuuming. I'll probably be vacuuming white "needles" into the summer!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is church, of course. I want to stop and buy a bag of dried black eyed peas. It is tradition to cook and eat them with ham on New Year's Day. We will eat the leftover pork roast and barbeque chicken from Friday night today. I have some green beans and mashed potatoes too, with gravy. So will be cleaning out the fridge for todays's meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.