Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took what I thought was all the Christmas Decorations to the off site storage faculty.. Notice I said 'thought'... 

Last night I went to move a dinning room chair, and found a clean tablecloth, two runners and a red charger, which I forgot...sigh...

Those will just have to wait a couple months until I decide to take down the front door decoration.. a huge, fake evergreen branch with red berries and a pretty winter bow.......

I am not going back to storage, right now.. 

Do regular morning things.. medicating Artie..

try his sub-q's

perhaps vacuum, dust 

perhaps wash some clothes.

My cousin wants to come over today. A good friend of his died the other day and he is really upset. ....he feels I am very empathetic to take to...we spoke for a half hour last night...

I do need to refill one script. I want to get out --just for the sake of it. I can pick up the local newspaper also. 

I do not need any groceries and I am stocked up with junk, so shopping is out...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We did make it for groceries last night; it seemed strange to go on a Wednesday. You can tell we are pretty set in our ways. 

• Breakfast for the kids,1 mile on the treadmill, grabbed my shower
  • I did save the laundry from yesterday to do tonight. It just seemed easier to do that.
  • Scoop the boxes and do a quick vacuum

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how is your cold doing, @Winchester? i hope you're starting to feel better. it sounds very similar to the nasty cold i had a couple weeks ago or so.

well, today was simply exhausting. i'll go over some of the highlights of today -- had a home energy audit, caught our punky chewing on plastic 
   (will be watching her closely, and also dissecting poops from the litter boxes for several days or so, to make sure the plastic she ingested comes out her other end), took a phone call related to a situation i've gotten to the bottom of, spent an hour or more on the phone with microsoft (scourge of the earth!!!) trying to unlock my hotmail email account...to no avail, made a loaf of bread machine bread, scooped litter boxes, and washed the dishes. i'm totally 'beat', and will go to bed shortly, after giving my cats a snack.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking, @mickNsnicks2mom. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday (Thursday) morning. My back is killing me from all the coughing I'm doing and I can't find any way to get comfortable. I can't stop coughing, still nauseous, still with the chills. I just want to be warm. I'm exhausted....I am just so darn tired. This is easily the worst time of it I've ever had with a flu-bug. The problem is that I have to be careful of what I take because of the drug allergy, so I can't take Cold & Sinus or NyQuil. I haven't taken anything; I've just been trying to get through it on my own.

The doctor prescribed a cough "Pearls" med and I am to go down to Target tonight to pick it up. Two "Pearls" at a time. Two Benedryl before bed for the next week as they will help with sinus stuff. He said Benedryl will also help me sleep better and I desperately need some sleep. He told me again that, "Sometimes Benedryl is your friend. Use it!"

I am parched. I know that I can never just get out of bed and drink a glass of water when I take my morning meds....I will become nauseous every time. But this morning, that's what I did. Drank a full glass of water to chase down my meds, got in the car and took off. Got about halfway into work and started getting the heaves. So I went down a back road, pulled off, got out, and well, you know (sorry). And there I was......when the blasted cop pulled up next to me.
 Oh dear lord, just shoot me now. Please. And it was a cop I knew. This is not funny. He got out and asked me if I was OK. Well, considering I had just finished puking my guts out, I'd say NO! I had talked to him earlier on Monday morning, so he knew I wasn't doing well. I apologized, but said, I really didn't know what else to do (I mean, what do you do?) He told me not to worry about it, said that I looked like death warmed over (I already knew that, but thanks for the update), and maybe I should just go home and go back to bed. He said he'd stop in at work later on this morning to see how I was doing.

Only me. Dear lord, only me.

So anyway, that's way more information that you were expecting! 

• Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill (better than yesterday!), came upstairs and crawled back into bed for a 30-minute nap.
  • Must hit Target tonight to pick up the script for the cough "Pearls".....I have no idea what they are.....and another package of Benedryl.
  • Scoop boxes
  • And then Go Straight to Bed, Do Not Pass GO, Do Not Collect $200. 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for asking, @mickNsnicks2mom
. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday (Thursday) morning. My back is killing me from all the coughing I'm doing and I can't find any way to get comfortable. I can't stop coughing, still nauseous, still with the chills. I just want to be warm. I'm exhausted....I am just so darn tired. This is easily the worst time of it I've ever had with a flu-bug. The problem is that I have to be careful of what I take because of the drug allergy, so I can't take Cold & Sinus or NyQuil. I haven't taken anything; I've just been trying to get through it on my own.

The doctor prescribed a cough "Pearls" med and I am to go down to Target tonight to pick it up. Two "Pearls" at a time. Two Benedryl before bed for the next week as they will help with sinus stuff. He said Benedryl will also help me sleep better and I desperately need some sleep. He told me again that, "Sometimes Benedryl is your friend. Use it!"

I am parched. I know that I can never just get out of bed and drink a glass of water when I take my morning meds....I will become nauseous every time. But this morning, that's what I did. Drank a full glass of water to chase down my meds, got in the car and took off. Got about halfway into work and started getting the heaves. So I went down a back road, pulled off, got out, and well, you know (sorry). And there I was......when the blasted cop pulled up next to me. :doh3:  Oh dear lord, just shoot me now. Please. And it was a cop I knew. This is not funny. He got out and asked me if I was OK. Well, considering I had just finished puking my guts out, I'd say NO! I had talked to him earlier on Monday morning, so he knew I wasn't doing well. I apologized, but said, I really didn't know what else to do (I mean, what do you do?) He told me not to worry about it, said that I looked like death warmed over (I already knew that, but thanks for the update), and maybe I should just go home and go back to bed. He said he'd stop in at work later on this morning to see how I was doing.
:anon: :anon: :anon:  Only me. Dear lord, only me.

So anyway, that's way more information that you were expecting! :lol3:

• Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill (better than yesterday!), came upstairs and crawled back into bed for a 30-minute nap.
  • Must hit Target tonight to pick up the script for the cough "Pearls".....I have no idea what they are.....and another package of Benedryl.
  • Scoop boxes
Winchester Winchester I am sorry you are so sick. Are you having a fever? If so, then yes, maybe you should be at home, in bed, taking care of yourself. Get well soon, friend.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet rule out pneumonia? That's what I had instead of the flu. I was prescribed the Pearls, too, but it made my mouth slighlty numb and it didn't really help with the cough anyways. The Pearls are little round-ish clear yellow capsules that you swallow whole with lots of water. It may cause drowsiness.

Today it's laundry, finish updating my resume and submit it to an internal position, keep looking for other positions, maybe the supermarket to get ingredients to make another batch of dinners to pull out of the freezer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Did the vet rule out pneumonia?

:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3: vet. :lol3::lol3::lol3: I've done the same thing before.

I hope you feel better soon, Pam. :hugs:

- clean the pigsty I live in
- go for a walk
- go over some banking information

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! Yes, the "vet" 
 did rule out pneumonia yesterday when I was there. My lungs are clear. His biggest concern is that it's hard to find something for me to take! Hopefully those pearl-thingies will work. He did say they would give me dry mouth, but he didn't say anything about making my mouth numb. I hope that's all they do, if anything. If my face starts to swell, then all bets are off! Drowsiness would even be good at this point. 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, hopefully the 'pearls' will help... I know you are super sensitive to medication.. I do use mucinex and codeine cough syrup when I get sick.. it is the only thing that will help..

I think you need to take some time for yourself and forget walking.. yes, even the treadmill..

If you are dehydrated, exercising is dehydrating you even more.. 

Can you get your hand on some gatorade? that is really good for dehydration.. and for flu...especially when you are vomiting..

and, yes, I am sticking myself out on the limb, you need to rest and stay home.. do nothing  no cooking, no exercising, no working... you need to take care of yourself....

ok--I am done with my rant...

sorry if I offended you...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for asking, @mickNsnicks2mom. I ended up going to the doctor yesterday (Thursday) morning. My back is killing me from all the coughing I'm doing and I can't find any way to get comfortable. I can't stop coughing, still nauseous, still with the chills. I just want to be warm. I'm exhausted....I am just so darn tired. This is easily the worst time of it I've ever had with a flu-bug. The problem is that I have to be careful of what I take because of the drug allergy, so I can't take Cold & Sinus or NyQuil. I haven't taken anything; I've just been trying to get through it on my own.

I am parched. I know that I can never just get out of bed and drink a glass of water when I take my morning meds....I will become nauseous every time. But this morning, that's what I did. Drank a full glass of water to chase down my meds, got in the car and took off. Got about halfway into work and started getting the heaves. So I went down a back road, pulled off, got out, and well, you know (sorry). And there I was......when the blasted cop pulled up next to me.
 Oh dear lord, just shoot me now. Please. And it was a cop I knew. This is not funny. He got out and asked me if I was OK. Well, considering I had just finished puking my guts out, I'd say NO! I had talked to him earlier on Monday morning, so he knew I wasn't doing well. I apologized, but said, I really didn't know what else to do (I mean, what do you do?) He told me not to worry about it, said that I looked like death warmed over (I already knew that, but thanks for the update), and maybe I should just go home and go back to bed. He said he'd stop in at work later on this morning to see how I was doing.

Only me. Dear lord, only me.

So anyway, that's way more information that you were expecting! 

• Scoop boxes
oh, wow! your cold/virus sounds much worse than mine was. i had the coughing, nausea, and chills, plus a nose that kept running...constantly -- like a snot factory gone into overdrive. but, my cold was only bad for 3 days, and then i started feeling better.

well, i'm so glad you saw your doctor and are going to be taking the pearls and benedryl. rest is very important too, just to give your body energy to fight off the cold. when i had my cold, i had my heated mattress pad set up on 8 -- normally it's set on 3 or 4 during the winter.

today i had a contractor stop by to adjust the weight in one of my new windows, made a batch of turkey enchiladas
, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made two phone calls.

lately, i feel like the day just flies by. it's been 4 or 5pm by the time i finally get everything done.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
vet.
I've done the same thing before.

I swear I meant "doctor" not "vet"

today i had a contractor stop by to adjust the weight in one of my new windows, made a batch of turkey enchiladas
, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made two phone calls.
You have weights in your windows? I thought windows these days don't have the weight and pulley thing hidden in the window casing

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have weights in your windows? I thought windows these days don't have the weight and pulley thing hidden in the window casing
the window manufacturers referred to the part to be fixed as weights, and watching the contractor fix the problem it looks like a newer...updated version of the old style window weights. i believe it's the same concept though -- the old window weights and pulleys, and the newer updated version. at least in my new windows.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't care what the doctor says. I have never been this knackered-out from a simple cold/virus. Never. I don't know if it's my age or what, but this thing has me completely exhausted. Rick feels the same way, too; it's not just me. He's been dealing with it now more than a week and he's still a mess, although he says the worst is behind him now. I started taking the Pearls last night, along with Benedryl....I will say that I slept well. But even though I'm going down faithfully every morning to hit the treadmill, by the end of a mile, I'm holding onto the treadmill rail with my right hand. And I'm in a cold sweat. I get about 1-1/2 miles in and then I give up. It's not worth it. I have to do something; I get that. And I keep thinking that I'll do better. But I come back upstairs and go back to bed. My back just aches and it hurts to even move my eyes. If this is "just" a cold, it's a darn nasty cold. I still can't stay warm; my body is a block of ice.

@mickNsnicks2mom  is your window better since the weight was adjusted? Has that helped?
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill (Rick scooped boxes and started the dishwasher up)
  • Run some errands this morning: banking, must get a pet sympathy card for a friend who lost one of her furbabies, Staples, etc.
  • Vacuum, dust, etc.
ETA: My "cop friend" did come into work yesterday. He knocked on my door, opened it, and said, "I wanted to check on you. Woman, you are not doing well!" I thanked him and said that I'd survive. He winked at me and told me that he'd keep worrying about me until I brought in some cookies. So I guess when I'm feeling better, I'd best be bringing in some cookies!  

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care what the doctor says. I have never been this knackered-out from a simple cold/virus. Never. I don't know if it's my age or what, but this thing has me completely exhausted. Rick feels the same way, too; it's not just me. He's been dealing with it now more than a week and he's still a mess, although he says the worst is behind him now. I started taking the Pearls last night, along with Benedryl....I will say that I slept well. But even though I'm going down faithfully every morning to hit the treadmill, by the end of a mile, I'm holding onto the treadmill rail with my right hand. And I'm in a cold sweat. I get about 1-1/2 miles in and then I give up. It's not worth it. I have to do something; I get that. And I keep thinking that I'll do better. But I come back upstairs and go back to bed. My back just aches and it hurts to even move my eyes. If this is "just" a cold, it's a darn nasty cold. I still can't stay warm; my body is a block of ice.

@mickNsnicks2mom
 is your window better since the weight was adjusted? Has that helped?

• Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill (Rick scooped boxes and started the dishwasher up)
  • Run some errands this morning: banking, must get a pet sympathy card for a friend who lost one of her furbabies, Staples, etc.
  • Vacuum, dust, etc.

ETA: My "cop friend" did come into work yesterday. He knocked on my door, opened it, and said, "I wanted to check on you. Woman, you are not doing well!" I thanked him and said that I'd survive. He winked at me and told me that he'd keep worrying about me until I brought in some cookies. So I guess when I'm feeling better, I'd best be bringing in some cookies!  
Oh, Winchester! I hope you're feeling better. I'm very touched this officer obviously cares for you so much. I admit to being envious, because the police in my town are, well, not nice. Not even professional. Snotty, mean. Sorry for the rant.

If your tummy can take it, and your not allergic, you might try boiling a bit of fresh ginger and adding honey; echinecia for the fever and aches (but Google it as it's not safe for everyone.)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom  is your window better since the weight was adjusted? Has that helped?
  • Vacuum, dust, etc.
Oh, I forgot to mention this to you..

When I get really sick, especially with a cough.. I make a ton of ginger tea with honey!

One of my previous co-workers told me about this, and I am hooked on it.. 

I just peel and cut up a bunch of fresh ginger root, put in a pan of hot water. Let it steep for a while.. I usually put it are and refrigerate. When want some, I take some out, add honey and some lemon juice and warm it in the microwave. It really hits the spot when going down...

Hope you feel better.. you need to rest.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

the window manufacturers referred to the part to be fixed as weights, and watching the contractor fix the problem it looks like a newer...updated version of the old style window weights. i believe it's the same concept though -- the old window weights and pulleys, and the newer updated version. at least in my new windows.
I remember seeing an episode of Ask This Old House about a newer version of the weights and pulley. It sounds like that's what you have. The old windows with the weight and puleys are dangerous if the whole mechanism is broken. The part with the window panes is so heavy that the entire thing is a guillotine if it crashes down
I grew up in an old house with those windows and know how much the window panes can hurt if they unexpectantly crash down. Fortunately I only got brusies, never a broken finger or hand (or worse).

Today I think I'm going to do a bit of shopping, both fun shopping and grocery shopping, check my email a bit later to see if that FreeCycle person has confirmed that she will be able to pick something up this afternoon and give her the address once confirmed, and try not do deal with family drama.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Three things.

I have collards in the kitchen sink in water. I am going to get them washed and cook them for the weekend.
Pack some Christmas decorations and put them in the side storage here in my computer room.
I cooked a pecan pie for a friend yesterday. I am going to deliver that.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester  

<snip>

<snip>
oh yes! the window had been immediately sliding down when opened, and now it stays in place when opened. not that i'm going to be opening it until it gets to be spring...

I remember seeing an episode of Ask This Old House about a newer version of the weights and pulley. It sounds like that's what you have. The old windows with the weight and puleys are dangerous if the whole mechanism is broken. The part with the window panes is so heavy that the entire thing is a guillotine if it crashes down
I grew up in an old house with those windows and know how much the window panes can hurt if they unexpectantly crash down. Fortunately I only got brusies, never a broken finger or hand (or worse).

Today I think I'm going to do a bit of shopping, both fun shopping and grocery shopping, check my email a bit later to see if that FreeCycle person has confirmed that she will be able to pick something up this afternoon and give her the address once confirmed, and try not do deal with family drama.
that's what my old windows were like. i always wedged a piece of 2x4 under the windows when they were open, so i could feel sure that my cats wouldn't have the damn things slam down on them.

today i got the wood stove going, filled the cast iron kettle and dumped the ash pan, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made some orange jello. i watched a few tv shows this afternoon -- first tv i've watched in several days.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

that's what my old windows were like. i always wedged a piece of 2x4 under the windows when they were open, so i could feel sure that my cats wouldn't have the damn things slam down on them.
My parents still live in that old house and have to wedge a sturdy piece of wood under the few windows that actually still open so they don't crash down. Dad's too cheap and lazy to replace the worn out rope in each window or replace them with the newer thing. No idea how he will ever sell the house with all those non-functioning and unsafe windows, among other issues that come with an old house

Got most of what I had planned to do today done. Couldn't get away from family drama though

Status
Not open for further replies.