Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick left for work; I'm off today for the Columbus Day holiday. I'll take a day off work whenever I can get it!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 4 miles on the treadmill
  • Must scoop boxes and make the bed (should do that now before the cats start to gather on the bed for their morning nap)
  • Wash a load of kitty blankets and pillowcases
  • I'd like to work outside a bit this afternoon; we'll see how that goes (or doesn't go, as the case may be). The walnuts need to be picked-up in the side yard by the shed.
  • Groceries tonight, also must pick up meds at Target
  • It's an exercise night tonight

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.... Have to make 2 sets of financials for divorce so did some of that this morning. I did an online survey thing for FedEx so now I get 15% off my next $20 bill, which will be good when I copy 2 years of bank statements.

....My divorce attorney emailed me our appearance which will be filed today. Game on!

....Hoping my appraiser will come through with a decent appraisal.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is going up after work to bring his refinished secretary's desk home. He has no idea where he's putting the thing, somewhere in the living room, but I've no clue. He's really excited about getting it.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, made the bed, scooped boxes, 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. Rick emptied the dishwasher.
And that might be it. Get home from work, make dinner, do my PT stretches, and crash.

I tried to watch Big Bang at 8:00 last night and fell asleep. Woke up, tried to watch Cook's Country at 8:30 and fell back asleep. Woke up, tried to watch Lucifer at 9:00 and fell asleep, awakened 3/4 of the way through the show. Well, at that point, it's not even worth watching, so will check it out on OnDemand later on this week, I guess. Went back to sleep and woke up when Rick's cell phone buzzed at 4:45 this morning. Rick said he and Jackie came back to bed and I never budged. And I'm yawning this morning!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There's a lot on the list, but I don't think it's all going to get done today.

Just a few things -

- get the trash and recyclables together for trash day tomorrow
- bank
- grocery shopping

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, made the bed, shower, etc.
  • Trash night, so clean the litter boxes. I have some things in the fridge that need to be dumped in the trash tonight.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • It's an exercise night

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....Broke my right wrist yesterday so very unhappy today.
....Divorce atty filed my appearance.
....This has been a very bad year.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I hope the appraisal goes well for you. Hugs during this difficult time.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I hope the appraisal goes well for you. Hugs during this difficult time.
Thanks. I think appraiser is not coming through for us. My "bullshit meter" let me down with him I think. Will have to find another appraiser. Praying I don't need surgery in my wrist. Seeing ortho next Wed.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch!  Deep sympathy.  I prescribe lots of purrs for the broken wrist, as well as a doctor, of course.

Margret

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, you're getting hit from all around. I am so sorry, Primula. I hope your wrist isn't too painful. And I hope you're left-handed!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower (no scooping because we cleaned the boxes last night)
  • I'll scoop tonight
  • Didn't get my exercises done last night, so I have to do them tonight
  • Supernatural comes back tonight

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be making a batch of Texas Hash (@Mamanyt1953's recipe), the usual chores (wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes), will get the wood stove going (probably twice today, morning and then in the evening), make a batch of instant pudding, do some reading, and watch 2 or 3 tv shows this afternoon. i'll also check on the beet slices i've got pickling in the fridge.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Must run to the grocery store as I need cream cheese, sandwich bread, apple pie filling, chips, and some Smirnoff Ice (for a campfire/mountain pie supper Saturday night)
  • Making pumpkin bars tonight with an orange cream cheese frosting for the above-mentioned supper. These bars are to-die-for.  (Recipe:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238197/cookies/30 )
  • A mini manicure tonight with black and orange nail polish 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....Pam, no, I broke my dominant wrist.
....Still running around copying divorce financials.
....Lit a fire under appraiser & expect his report next week.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
....Pam, no, I broke my dominant wrist.
....Still running around copying divorce financials.
....Lit a fire under appraiser & expect his report next week.
Oh no!! Your dominant arm.. that is so painful and so hard to deal with. I broke the humerus, Upper arm, of my dominant arm, several years ago.. that is no fun at all..

Wishing you tons of luck and sending good wishes your way.

You have a lot going on...((hugs))

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! Your dominant arm.. that is so painful and so hard to deal with. I broke the humerus, Upper arm, of my dominant arm, several years ago.. that is no fun at all..

Wishing you tons of luck and sending good wishes your way.

You have a lot going on...((hugs))
Thank you so much. One of the worse things is that we have to live together throughout the divorce.

boellp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gotta lot of paper work to do at work

get stuff ready for my baseball and hockey games

make some money

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Primula, you're in my thoughts. I just don't know what to say, but I am thinking of you and hoping that things go well, both with the divorce and with your wrist. 

• Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, and sitting back here with my coffee (Gosh, I just love my coffee 
    ) I emptied out the dishwasher and Rick scooped boxes
  • Did one load of laundry this morning while on the treadmill. It's basically sweatshirts and flannels. We really went through the sweatshirts this week with me wearing them to walk and Rick wearing flannel shirts to work. I had a whole load, so thought I'd do them now.
  • Errands: Banking, Target, etc.
  • Going to spend the afternoon outside, cutting back plants and such for the winter

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, changed the bed sheets, emptied the dishwasher (Rick is scooping the boxes now)
  • On my second load of laundry (I have three loads to do, plus a very small load of sweaters and shirts that I wore to work last week)
  • Vacuum and dust a bit, wipe down the kitchen and bath
  • Hoping to get outside again for a while this afternoon

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ended up in bed around noon yesterday with a migraine. I thought it was coming because my eyes starting acting funny. I could see the words on the monitor, but my peripheral vision was really jumpy. The aura had hit, but the pain hadn't yet. I told Rick I was going to bed and I didn't know when I'd be able to get back up. Luckily Mollipop and I (as soon as my head hit the pillow, Molli hit me. I curled my arm up around her and she stayed with me the whole time) fell asleep fairly quickly and got over the worst of it. We got up around 3 or so and I was able to function fairly well. I still have the headache this morning, but it's not nearly as bad as it was yesterday. Even last night it was kind of ugly.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Must go down to pick my car up at the garage after work (they're checking out the Accessory/iPod jack in my car)
  • Grab some groceries
  • It's an exercise night

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.