Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper an early breakfast
  • got the wood stove going really hot, then gave snick her sub-q's in the (next room over) kitchen -- she finished her wet food breakfast after her sub-q's
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan outside, and did a quick shoveling of snow making a (shovel wide) path to the trash cans
  • added more wood to the wood stove, then moved more firewood to the living room log back (from the unheated front enclosed porch)
  • made my breakfast
  • scooped the litter boxes and took out the trash (before the strong gusty winds blew enough snow to cover the path i cleared)
  • washed the dishes

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Called out of work today because of latest blizzard!   

Trudged to the furthest birdfeeder in the yard in waist-deep snow to feed my little friends!

Dug my car out of snow, got stuck, dug again and freed the car!    

Bid on some antique postcards on ebay!

(Sorry, this is four)!         

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick took the car to work this morning because we didn't feel like going outside in that cold yesterday to clean out the driveway. I'm off work today for the holiday, so will be working around the house a bit. I stripped the bed down first thing this morning (much to the cats' dismay) and the sheets are in the washer now. I'll make the bed up in a few minutes and turn the blanket on for them. Boo is already meowing his head off because the blanket isn't on the bed. 

Other than that:
  • Puttering about the house. I want to clean the bathroom and straighten out the bathroom closet a wee bit. Clean in the kitchen (didn't get it done over the weekend) and get that microwave down to the basement on our recycling pile. Wash the bay window in the living room as it has kitty shnuffle all over the glass. A bit of dusting and straightening up. Things like that.
  • We are going for some groceries tonight.
  • I need to work on cleaning out some desk drawers (the problem is that I don't know where to put anything anymore!)
Our recycling pile in the basement is growing. There's an old computer with its keyboard, my old printer, a couple AC units, and now the microwave. Some old books and some old clothes. I think our county recycling event is the middle/end of May, so we'll need to get the stuff to the event. Sometimes I can just take stuff into work and give it to my co-worker and he'll take it to the event for us, since he's in big charge anyway.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash, vacuum floors in great room(move furniture also), kitchen, and entry way

take snow mats out of dryer 

relax, with a drink and a weight watchers pasta meal, along with a few choc chip cookies

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the hairdresser. Had it coloured and the fringe trimmed.
went to the drugstore. Got my medicinals, diapers, cream for nappy rash. 4 boxes of kleenex tissues with aloe Vera lotion on sale. Toothpastes on sale. The nappies were also on saLe
Took me for a late.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the hairdresser. Had it coloured and the fringe trimmed.
went to the drugstore. Got my medicinals, diapers, cream for nappy rash. 4 boxes of kleenex tissues with aloe Vera lotion on sale. Toothpastes on
sale. The nappies were also on saLe
Took me for a late.
lunch/early supper and home by taxi. Too much to carry.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exercised
Got hair coloured and trimmed
Take kids to swim lessons

Where does the day go? That's seriously all I did.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, I just got my hair colored and trimmed last night.
  • Need to do some computer stuff for Rick tonight. He has it done, he just needs to get it printed out for his union meeting on Thursday. I need to do some computer stuff for my work, too.
  • It's trash night, so must clean litter boxes
  • Two loads of laundry are separated on the hallway floor 
You can pretty much tell what I'm doing just by what day of the week it is 

Wednesdays are always trash nights and I'm usually doing a couple loads of laundry on Wednedaynights, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the big thing going on here today is that a plumber is coming to fix whatever is wrong with the toilet, which isn't working properly. it's been since yesterday morning that it's not been functioning.
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then made mine
  • made a batch of velveeta's ultimate mac'n'cheese, using store brand velveeta
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, and brought in the newspaper
well, the plumber is here and a quick diagnosis of the water feed line to the toilet has frozen. pretty much what i had suspected. but the toilet will "flush", when water is poured into the bowl, so the pipe to the septic tank hasn't become frozen. the toilet is at a corner of the house, so the pipes are more vulnerable to becoming frozen. the plumber will put heat tape over the pipe, after thawing it, to prevent it from freezing again. i know to keep an eye on the heat tape and check it for signs of wear (like cracking).

this just tells me that my plan to relocate that toilet to near an interior wall when i remodel that bathroom is a very good idea.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put out the trash (on top of the snowbanks) for pick-up.    

Worked a double shift.    

Bought myself a nice mug for only $2 that reads "Keep Calm and Drink Coffee" !!!!    

Playing with Speedy to make up for the double-shift.    

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might have to tackle the bathtub today

buy cat food

and definitely sweep the front room floor.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick took the truck into the garage this morning for the tires. While he's gone, I'm having my coffee and hanging out here for a while. 
  • If it hasn't started to snow yet til he gets back home, we are running into the coffee shop (it opens at 10:00), followed by a bit of shopping around for a new microwave. Once it starts to snow, though, then we'll head back home. (It's supposed to start in sometime after 9:00 this morning, though, so I don't see much in the way of shopping at all).
  • Just some general housework stuff: vacuuming, dusting, etc. The usual

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Vacuum-packed small portions of a new 1.5 kg. bag of Mogli's prescription dry food. He only gets 1 TB a day, and that's the smallest bag available.
  • Put on some (crockpot) minestrone for dinner.
  • Laundry and vacuuming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Before the snow (then rain) starts, we have one more downspout to clear. It's under feet of snow, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Get more things off the cellar floor in case of a potential flood.

Run the dishwasher before the yard and septic system flood

Do you sense a theme to my day? :lol3:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
clean out litter boxes

venture out to the Laundromat which is just on the other side of our parking lot

try to survive the day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, just be safe! We are done with snow and ice for now. About 3 inches of snow, followed by a thin coating of ice overnight. It'll be OK.
  • Laundry today, including bed sheets and such
  • A bit of shoveling out in the driveway
That will be pretty much it.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got stuck backing out of driveway on way to work   

Watching the movie Tootsie on TV with Speedy sleeping on top of me   

Just remembered I have to throw in some laundry for work tomorrow!   

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight after work. (Maybe)
Why maybe? Rick had ordered tickets to see AC/DC at the Meadowlands in September (I think it is) and Fed Ex is trying to deliver the tickets, but we're not home. Rick tried to get into his account to see if they could deliver the tickets after we get home from work and has been unsuccessful. It may be that we'll get home tonight and have to wait around to see if the tickets come. If not, we may have to go get them (and it's a good 45-minutes drive and we have to be there before they close at 5:00. I get off work at 4:00 so it's calling it close). At this point, I don't know what is going to happen. We may be making a rush trip tomorrow afternoon to get his tickets. Either that or I may just take a vacation day tomorrow and get them myself.
  • Other than that (whatever happens with the tickets), I didn't get the litter boxes scooped this morning, so will have to do a really good job tonight to make up for it. I'm sure the kids were not amused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.