Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only laughing because I can relate. A few weeks ago I was hanging out a second story window with a plastic garden rake. We broke down and paid someone to shovel it off.

- At some point today I will be shoveling. There is already more snow out there than what was in the forecast.

- I've got some laundry going
- General straightening around the house.

Honestly I have zero motivation today. I feel like snuggling in next to the fire. I am so sick of ice and snow and all of it. My body just hurts from dealing with it all. I'm over it.
You are tired because your body needs to re-coup from all the snow removal!
  I use the kayak paddle because it is perfect for pushing snow off the edge of the roof where I can't reach,  I can see many people driving by and looking up

!!

(It is a porch overhang that I am lucky I can safely do from my window).  

-Writing out some St. Patrick cards to be ready to send  

-Going to shovel some snow before another freeze comes in 

-Paying some bills

-

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • worked at the shelter in the morning
  • searched for a long-missing cat in the afternoon. I'd spotted him in my neighborhood yesterday, but he disappeared and I wasn't 100% sure it was him. The shelter head and I found him again and she identified him, but we couldn't get him and will have to set a trap.
  • cleaned the living room and kitchen

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping.
Went and had sushi after.
Came home and did nothing.
I'm in bed now but put a wash on before I got into bed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • We need to do some shopping, but I don't know if we're going to do it tonight or Saturday. It depends on how we feel when we get home. Rick isn't feeling well as it is; he's got some allergy/sinus headache going on right now. Lowes, Target, etc. 
  • If we don't do the shopping tonight, I may do a bit of laundry instead of letting it all go til Sunday
  • Make chocolate chip cookie dough and put it in the fridge overnight to bake on Saturday night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping.
Went and had sushi after.
Came home and did nothing.
I'm in bed now but put a wash on before I got into bed.
how is it working for you, starting the washing machine in the evenings? i find it so much easier. it's like i've got a head start on the next day.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how is it working for you, starting the washing machine in the evenings? i find it so much easier. it's like i've got a head start on the next day.
I always put it on before I go to bed. It makes a big difference getting it over with.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my snick started showing symptoms of a(nother) UTI late last night, so we started our day off with me calling the vet's and the animal pharmacy to arrange quick arrival of medication. i'll also be giving snick 100 - 150 cc's fluids every day until the medication arrives, to help flush out some of the bacteria and hopefully prevent the UTI from becoming worse. after talking with our vet (snick is on "hospice care", at-home care supervised by our vet), we agreed that since medication to treat the UTI wouldn't get to me until monday we'll see if daily sub-q's might flush out the infection. snick just started showing symptoms late last night, so the UTI may not be very advanced yet. our vet did say that it's possible to flush out the bacteria this way, but we'll have to see if it works for snick this time. i'll call the vet on monday to give her an update, at which time we'll decide if we need to use medication to treat snick.

today continued with --
  • giving snick sub-q's, she then finished her breakfast
  • made my breakfast
  • got several things done in the kitchen:  made jello w/fruit, mixed up a batch of oatmeal peanut butter cookies and placed it in the fridge until i bake the cookies tomorrow morning (thank you for the great idea, @Winchester), mixed up the mixture for making tuna burgers, and made a small batch of tartar sauce to go with the tuna burgers
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out the trash
  • started working up the list of canned cat foods for the next chewy dot com order

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entertained mybed year old, massively tall, grandson. Then my son with his other son arrived.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • My bag is boxed up and ready to be mailed out this morning
  • We have some errands to do for Rick's mother, basically a bit of grocery shopping for her. Rick's father's birthday is next Saturday and he wants a white coconut cake, so I need to order that this morning. And do some banking and such for us. The Tucson needs a new rear windshield wiper and we need some wiper fluid. Going to look for a microwave. 
  • Working on my second load of laundry this morning. Til Rick gets out of bed, I should have the laundry finished and folded.
  • Bake chocolate chip cookies tonight. I may make some sugar cookies, too. Rick will be leaving for Portland next Saturday and he wants to take chocolate chip cookies with him this time. When he goes out again in May, then he said he'll want snickerdoodles. 
     What I bake tonight will go into the freezer for him to take with him next weekend (well, some of them will make the freezer; I'm sure some of them will end up with Rick tonight, too).
MickNsnicks2mom, good luck with Snick. You take very good care of that little girl. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Some housecleaning this afternoon
  • Time to clip the girls' claws after Rick comes home from church (should have done it last Sunday, but couldn't talk Rick into it....it takes two of us)
  • Work in the basement a bit

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, @Winchester! snick is doing very well, hasn't shown any symptoms of the UTI since thursday evening and having no problems urinating. she's not overjoyed with getting fluids every day, but it's looking like tomorrow will be her last day of that and then back to every other day fluids.

today's things to do --
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats their breakfast
  • while they ate, i emptied the wood stove ash pan and brought in the sunday paper
  • made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took the trash out
  • will start a load of laundry in the washer this evening (then dry it in the dryer tomorrow morning, fold, and put away)
i have a busy day tomorrow, so the rest of today will be very quiet. just watching some tv, and ferreting out the "going" price for a golf cart windshield and which website has the best price/shipping.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear Snicks is feeling better....was thinking about you guys...

Church

car wash

Watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" on Turner Classics Network, (I read the book this week)

washed a couple of tablecloths...

that's it.. lazy day

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, @Winchester
! snick is doing very well, hasn't shown any symptoms of the UTI since thursday evening and having no problems urinating. she's not overjoyed with getting fluids every day, but it's looking like tomorrow will be her last day of that and then back to every other day fluids.

today's things to do --

• gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats their breakfast
  • while they ate, i emptied the woodstove ash pan and brought in the sunday paper
  • made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took the trash out
  • will start a load of laundry in the washer this evening (then dry it in the dryer tomorrow morning, fold, and put away

i have a busy day tomorrow, so the rest of today will be very quiet. just watching some tv, and ferreting out the "going" price for a golf cart windshield and which website has the best price/shipping.
What did you have for breakfast?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left the apartment!
Took a taxi to the doctor.
Had a nice chat with her mainly about our cats. I got my monthly prescriptions. I'm surprised i don't rattle when I walk in the street.
Then I went to my Italian restaurant. I had lentil soup and then pasta dish. All very good. Got another taxi and went home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Must call doctor for an appt for blood pressure check  for another med prescription and to get my ears cleaned out. I hope she can take me sooner than later, as my right ear is a little painful.
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight right after work
  • Must grab some cat food and litter for the furkids

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you have for breakfast?
lately i've been making two fried eggs for breakfast, and having toast (using homemade/bread machine bread) with margarine and (my homemade) blueberry jam on it. i also have a glass of juice and a glass of milk with my breakfast.

today i did many things, some of which were:
  • walked over to the golf cart dealer and bought my new transportation. a used 2007 yamaha drive golf cart, which they're installing seat belts, head and tail lights, and 4-way turn signals on before i pick it up. i'll be buying a cargo box and installing that myself -- dealer wanted $375 including installation, and i can buy the same for $199 plus about $75 in shipping (it's bulky and oversized) and install it myself. and i'll save for having a (hard) curtis cab, windshield, and heater installed in july.
  • shoveled the driveway, and cleared extra area in front of my mini barn so that i'll have room to place the atv/utv ramps and use them to drive my golf cart up into my mini barn to park/store it securely.
  • shoveled all the snow off of my downstairs bedroom roof -- there was 2 1/2 feet of snow up on that roof, and with the mid winter thaw we're having i didn't want that snow to melt and form a massive ice cap/chunk of ice over that roof. that particular roof doesn't get a lot of sun on it, so it wouldn't melt as fast (as the other levels of roof, which get more sun on them).
  • moved more firewood -- i'm down to around 4-5 face cords now.
  • finished the load of laundry i started last night, and vacuumed the house.
  • and, of course, the usual daily chores.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Must call doctor for an appt for blood pressure check  for another med prescription and to get my ears cleaned out. I hope she can take me sooner than later, as my right ear is a little painful.
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight right after work
  • Must grab some cat food and litter for the furkids
Do you have problems with blocked ears? I do. I have to use a special spray for about a week before I see the ear doctor and then he sucks it out!!!! This happens every few months.
How are you Pam?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lately i've been making two fried eggs for breakfast, and having toast (using homemade/bread machine bread) with margarine and (my homemade) blueberry jam on it. i also have a glass ofjuice and a glass of milk with my breakfast.

today i did many things, some of which were:

• walked over to the golf cart dealer and bought my new transportation. a used 2007 yamaha drive golf cart, which they're installing seat belts, head and tail lights, and 4-way turn signals on before i pick it up. i'll be buying a cargo box and installing that myself -- dealer wanted $375 including installation, and i can buy the same for $199 plus about $75 in shipping (it's bulky and oversized) and install it myself. and i'll save for having a (hard) curtis cab, windshield, and heater installed in july.
  • shoveled the driveway, and cleared extra area in front of my mini barn so that i'll have room to place the atv/utv ramps and use them to drive my golf cart up into my mini barn to park/store it securely.
  • shoveled all the snow off of mydownstairs bedroom roof -- there was 2 1/2 feet of snow up on that roof, and with the mid winter thaw we're having i didn't want that snow to melt and form a

massive ice cap/chunk of ice over that roof. that particular roof doesn't get a lot of sun on it, so it wouldn't melt as fast (as the other levels of roof, which get more sun on them).
  • moved more firewood -- i'm down to around 4-5 face cords now.
  • finished the load of laundry i started last night, and vacuumed the house.
  • and, of course, the usual daily chores.
That's a very good breakfast. Still using that wretched margarine?
Doesn't the juice curdle the milk in your stomach?
Can't get blueberries here. Or blackberries or raspberries. We get strawberries but the price is exorbitant.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hi Judy!
 I'm fine! Doctor took me right away yesterday. Blood pressure was good and she was able to clean out my ears. That right ear is still painful but I'm hoping it goes away now that the ear is cleaned. My problem is my ear buds go into my ears (I listen to music when I walk) and that pushes all the wax down inside. So I go into the doctor about every six months or so and get them cleaned out. Better for her to clean them out than me. But other than that, I'm doing well. My doctor even told me yesterday that I looked good! That I looked healthy. She said, I'm not going to say anything about your weight, because I know you'll get it back off. But you are looking well and, whatever you're doing, keep doing it! You really look good!" And that made me feel good.

Work is hectic, but it always is. On the whole, life is pretty good right now. Thanks for asking. 

• Rick and I need to get to the Prothonotary's office this afternoon to see what all we need for our passports. I know that our birth certificates have to have a raised seal and mine does. Rick may have some issues with his as I don't think the seal on his is raised. We're going to Canada in September and, in order to get back into the States, we need to have either passports or passcards. Rick said we'll just get passports because he's still hoping he can get me to Ireland someday.  (It's that flying thing, you know. I don't fly. But man, I'd really love to go to Ireland. Scotland, too.)
  • I have a couple loads of laundry and I might just do them tonight instead of tomorrow night
  • Need to work on some stuff for Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.