Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- called the dentist for a toothache. They wouldn't call in a prescription. Was told to come in even though they are telling people to stay off the roads. :sigh:

- Left the house and only made it a few miles and turned around because the roads are awful

- there will be shoveling later.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then started my day by relaxing for a bit
  • gave snick her sub-q's
  • moved more firewood to the living room log rack
  • shoveled off the driveway and around the house entrances
  • made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash
  • found two recipes i plan on making coming up -- thick and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, and peach butter (which i'll make when fresh local peaches are available this summer)......both recipes are from the smitten kitchen website, love that website.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- did weight training in the morning.
- vacced the verandah, vacced and mopped the kitchen, general tidy up.
- brought my kids to the swimming pool again and when I get home I need to fold all the washing from yesterday- after I've fed everybody- and cleaned that up.
A mothers work is never done!!!! :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Working on computer stuff at home 
  • Must scoop
  • A quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to tel aviv to meet my sister for lunch. Enjoyed.
After we walked a bit then taxi'driverfdown to my bank where I collected 5 cheque books that I'd ordered months ago.
then we walked some more. Then we went to her apartment and had strawberries and cream.
Then I ordered a taxi and went home. Read the newspaper which was full of joyous happenings. Obamab giving

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iran permission to build the bomb. My prime minister determined to speak before congress about the danger of Iran but it'll all fall on deaf ears. Lots more joyous tidings.
Then I finished my book and watched the TV. A day in the life of stewball where she actually did something.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done nothing today. My daughter has had a cold and my husband too. I try to ignore my husband during times of sickness as too much sympathy can lead to too much moaning ect... :lol3: I am a heartless wife but I do love him. I truely do.

So today I've slept, got up and eaten then slept again. I can feel a cold coming on. It's not too bad at all but I just feel drained of energy.
I eventually had to get up and pick up my kids from school and take them to swim lessons.
Tonight I will make dinner and do some exercise then get to bed early. Hopefully I will have stopped this cold in its tracks ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ordered a new printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw) and Dear Richard ordered a new Fellowes Powershred shredder. They should be at Staples this afternoon and we should be able to pick everything up when we get home from work. So....
  • I want to install the printer and make sure it works OK. It's also wireless so we should be able to use it from the laptop and from our phones. We'll see how easy that goes! I don't have a lot of faith in myself to get it working properly, so it should be interesting. (If you hear a lot of yelling or loud muttering coming from the general proximity of central PA, umm, that will be me. Although I already talked to my BIL, who is my computer guru, and he said he's available, if need be. For the cost of one blueberry buckle!
    )
  • Trash night so clean out the litterboxes. And Dear Richard will get to use his new shredder.
  • I separated two piles of laundry this morning to do tonight.
Going to be a busy night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Dentist appointment
Grocery store
get trash together.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I am going to the vet's office to pick up a bag of T/D snacks.  They are good for the cat's teeth and no fat in them like most treats.  I got a sample pack and Autumn just loves them so I am going to buy a regular sized bag. You can't find these in any stores.

I am going to Petsmart on the way home to buy Autumn new smaller bowls.  Since she is on a diet, the bowls she has now are way too big.  She also needs another box of litter.  I also want to buy caps to cover opened cans of her food. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Carol, is that the Hills Dental kibble? Our cats just love it, too. BooBoo and Ms. Pepe eat it all the time for their snacks. So does Mollipop. Molli is a bit of a puker and she tends to keep the Dental kibble down a lot easier than smaller stuff; I think it's because the kibble is bigger and it makes her actually chew it. But she never has a problem with it....she loves it. I'm glad Autumn does, too. We're to the point where we buy two 4-pound bags at a time for the kids.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Today I am going to the vet's office to pick up a bag of T/D snacks.  They are good for the cat's teeth and no fat in them like most treats.  I got a sample pack and Autumn just loves them so I am going to buy a regular sized bag. You can't find these in any stores.
Note:  I just came back from the vets and actually have a bag of this T/D Feline Dental Health food.  It is by Hills Prescription Diet but it does say Veterinary Exclusive so I don't know for sure if you can buy elsewhere.  This is also listed as a cat dry food so you can just feed this if desired but I will just keep these as her treats/snacks for her dental health. 

Since she is on a diet the vet gave her, she still needs her canned food twice a day but only 1/4 of a 5/12 oz. size can. She also gets 1/2 cup of her Purina One dry food each day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is bowling early tonight, so while he's gone, I have to:
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Do a quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen (I probably do that 3-4 times a week, just to keep the cat hair to a low roar)
  • Work on the computer

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Probably run errands right after work: banking, etc.
  • Computer work
That might be it for tonight

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • at the shelter all morning
  • clicker and play session with Mogli
  • went to the grocery store to pick up all the things DH forgot yesterday

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper an early breakfast, then gave snick her sub-q's about an hour or so later after which she finished her breakfast wet food
  • moved more firewood to the living room log rack, then dumped the wood stove ash pan and added more wood to the stove
  • made my breakfast
  • made a batch of potato salad
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took the trash out
it's way frigid here today...currently 8 degrees F. i was going to go out and shovel the several inches of snow that had accumulated on my driveway, but the extremely cold temp outside stopped me. i knew it would take me hours to recover from being out in that kind of cold. and, too, i figured that the snow won't be melting/become icy-crusty in these frigid temps.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hectic day so let's just take as a given the *feed cats, *scoop litter pans, *run a load of laundry, *daily to-do list.

Today I
  • got my hair cut
  • went to Wal_Mart for a bucket of kitty litter
  • went to Shoprite and bought necessary / needed / wanted groceries in advance of tomorrow's snow
  • to the vet for a case of Pro-plan cat food for Mist
  • onward to the IGA for bagels and milk, bought country style spare ribs for stewed pork with celery and lentils
  • to post office for a stamp to mail postcard to one of my granddaughters
  • to pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions
Almost home
  • stop to get a dozen duck eggs and a dozen chicken eggs from the guy around the corner at the end of my street
Now home, 4 1/2 hours after I left it. Husband has fed the cats. Unload car, deal with perishables.
  • Finish pulling 35mm slides to complete my order to ScanCafe. Write cover letter. Back into car.
  • Drive to UPS store and mail the box (which I had picked up at Shoprite - originally contained 25 pounds of natural almonds for the bulk food aisle)
  • Since I was now in a different town I went to the other Shoprite which has the onion pocket rolls hubby really likes. (Why the first store - owned by same family, no less - doesn't carry them - go figure.) As long as I'm there I get ground beef and ground pork for meatloaf. It was 6 degrees F. last night, brilliantly sunny today but bitter cold and windy to boot. Meatloaf weather.) And a few other things.
Home again, this time for good.

Until tomorrow, when I have a talk to give on Little Bulbs for Rock and Woodland Gardens. A) I have laryngitis, and B) the meeting ends at noon, when the heavier snow is due to arrive here and I will be driving west to go home, towards the snow. Fun, right?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing breakfast in bed for Rick this morning for V-Day. Nothing much. Just a couple of windowpanes (or eggs in the nest) and an iced coffee for him. 
  • We may run into town a little later on if it doesn't snow too much right away this morning. I need a new wiper for my rear window in the Tucson and we need windshield wiper fluid. Should have bought them last night while we were out and forgot.
  • Still working on some computer stuff for work. I was doing a 24 x 36 display board in Publisher. Almost had it done (all I needed to do was insert the pie chart) and Publisher died. I had to start completely over because it didn't save my work. It said it was saving, but when I tried to re-open the file, Publisher said, "Can not open file". I was sick and so started it over in Illustrator instead. I had saved my work to both my computer at work and the main work drive, too. Both are gone. The good thing is that it was saving the file as a PDF, so I was able to open the PDF in Illustrator and work it out a bit that way. As of now, I'm completely done with Publisher; I can't afford to have it bite the dust on me when I'm so close to deadline. So it's Illustrator from now on. I'm using Photoshop for my graphics and InDesign for the document......might as well stay with Adobe and play with Illustrator, too. (But Publisher was easier, especially when I'm crunched for time.) 
And that might be pretty much it for the day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm starting my day slowly today. it was totally frigid overnight, down to 1 degree F. so i was up even more often adding wood to the wood stove, to keep the house temp reasonable. good news is that i won the battle against the cold last night, and this winter i've developed some tricks/methods to effectively combat the coldest temps using the wood stove.
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts over an hour ago
  • shortly, i'll dump the wood stove ash pan and then add more wood to the stove
  • make my breakfast
  • pre-measure (dry ingredients) for a bunch of upcoming baking recipes
  • wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take the trash out -- the newspapers will be accumulating in the tube by the road until tuesday, when i'll be going out to shovel all the accumulating snow. it's just way too frigid temps for me to risk going outside for more than a few minutes right now.
  • work on putting together the canned cat food order, which i'll place towards the end of this coming week
  • watch some tv -- maybe a movie for me, and some nature/animal shows for jasper (my boy absolutely loves watching any shows with wildlife/insects/etc in it)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Rick just told me that we are to get more snow, starting late Monday afternoon into Tuesday morning. Not a lot, just enough to make it miserable. I have my grocery list ready (we didn't bother with groceries last week, other than cat supplies), so we need some items this week (apples, milk, eggs, etc.). And Rick thinks we might want to go to the store this afternoon (after I said I was not even opening the door today!).
  • Must work on laundry. I may wait to do the bed linens until Monday morning, since I have off work Monday for the Presidents Day holiday.
  • Clean the kitchen a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.