Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with about four inches or so of snow. There's a winter storm coming in Friday night into Saturday now, but the local weatherweenies aren't sure if it will hit us or miss us. Right now, they're thinking we won't get it. HA! I'll believe that when I see it! I did re-schedule my hair appt because the roads weren't all that great coming home from work last night; even the main road wasn't that great.

Rick is bowling early tonight, While he's gone, I want to:
  • Do the laundry that I didn't get done last night
  • Scoop the boxes out
  • Do a quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet the snow is lovely, Pam, though inconvenient of course. I wish we'd get some; it might make all this cold seem worth it!

Today, I will:
  • Meet Patrick at the gym after work for 30-45 minutes
  • Figure out something to cook, probably with chicken breast as we're well-stocked from a recent trip to Costco
  • Wash the silverware

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the weekly shop
changed shoes I'd bought for my daughter
Bought by sister some slippers
took me out to lunch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Walked
laundry
called a repair man and left message about the washer which seems to have stopped spinning :cringe:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 8:00 a.m. this morning my sweet husband went outdoors with the ATV to plow our driveway so I could get the boys to the veterinarian for their 9:45 a.m. appointment - annual checkup and rabies vaccination.

Then he brought his car up (Honda CRV) to drive me and the two carriers with complaining cats down the driveway to my car.

Boys are fine, in good health. Got their shots, got their nails clipped. Bought a case of the Proplan that the old lady cat enjoys (I mix it with FF)

Came home, driveway looked better so I put my Toyota Matrix in a lower gear and up we went.

Vet has a bad cough so I drove back (just 8 miles, one way) with some Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat tea bags. They really helped when husband had a bad cough recently. Everyone seems to have coughs and colds these days.

Did a load of laundry.

Filled bird feeder.

Fed everyone lunch. About to feed everyone dinner. Thinking about a grocery store run tomorrow morning because - guess what - more snow is on the way. But every day is another day closer to Spring.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
shoveled. :hmm:
pay bills
go to a fundraiser tonight if the roads aren't too bad

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Catapault, I'm glad the vet visits were OK and the kids are fine. And how nice of you to go back to your vet with the tea bags. 
 You're right; everybody seems to be coughing and sneezing and sniffing right now. We've taken notice to that at work, too. I've started to barricade myself in my office to try to stay away from everybody! 
  • Working on some laundry now; when Rick gets out of bed, I'll wash the bed sheets and put them back on the bed
  • We may grab a few groceries this afternoon instead of waiting until Monday night (our normal grocery night). Last we heard from our local weather weenies is that this snow event may go into two days. We could use some cat food, but other than that, we're good.
  • A bit of straightening up throughout the house and some Swiffering in the living room.
  • Rick brought the union's laptop home so I can update that and add monthly meeting minutes and financial info.
ETA: I'm cleaning the oven this morning. I pressed the "CLEAN" button after I fed the cats and it will clean for 3 hours, then shut off. Then I wipe out the bottom of the oven. Such a chore! 

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Appreciate your reply, @Winchester. Mr. Poe did have a response to his Merial PureVax 3 year rabies shot - somewhat lethargic and inappetence the next morning. Called vet and they said this happens in 2 to 3% of the animals, and I could bring him in for subQ fluids. He didn't seem dehydrated so I decided to keep him home - going to the vet being more upsetting to him. He bounced back by lunchtime. Still glad I called. You never know, and coincidence is not always causality. They will make a note in his chart. And you know  for sure that I'll remember in 3 years. He never had a reaction before. Will ask her about running a titer instead.

Today - well the driveway is clear after Paul's remarkable plowing job yesterday. But more snow is coming tonight into Monday. So -

We are thinking about going to a new-to-us Mexican restaurant in Flemington for lunch.

Go to Kohl's and look around to see what's on sale. Also look for a new inexpensive toaster as our current one is beginning to become temperamental. If not found at Kohl's then perhaps Bed/Bath/Beyond.

Meanwhile - I made this morning's fire in the stove. He's bringing wood up from downstairs to top up the upstairs wood rack.

Laundry in the washer. Need to unload dishwasher which was run last night. Same old / same old.

UPDATE: It's clouding over. Too warm to precipitate as snow but who knows what it will be like later on. Suggestions are 8 to 14 inches of snow. Yuck! So we decided east, west, home is best - we'll go out for lunch etc another day.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think it's been at least several days since i posted in this thread. last of my busy days the dryer blew a fuse -- it's blower fuse, due to overheating. i always check outside to make sure the dryer vent flap is open when i start the dryer, but that day i was tired and figured that i never have found that flap stuck closed so didn't go outside and check. well, that's the day that the dryer vent flap did stick, and caused the dryer to overheat. after making a couple calls, i had arranged for the appliance repairman to come fix it the next day, which he did. it was just the fuse that needed replacing -- $14.95 for the fuse and $64 for the trip out/labor. ugh!!! since i'm in "blackbelt frugal" mode now while saving for buying the used UTV, and since i didn't want the total of $85.27 to set that back (my goal is to buy a used UTV in march), i sat down and cut back on my upcoming (and bare bones already) shopping list to offset the cost of the dryer repair. now i'm catching up on the laundry.

today i didn't have much to do --
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, then added more wood to the wood stove
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts
  • sat down for a bit at the computer -- i wasn't "pushing" myself to get going with things early today
  • made my breakfast
  • cooked some rice, to go along with the pork chops with salsa and black beans that i made in the slow cooker a couple days ago
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, brought in the sunday newspaper
  • will run the washing machine later this afternoon/evening

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Looks like we will be shoveling out the driveway tonight; if we don't shovel what we have now, it will be that much worse after it's all done Tuesday night. And there's another storm coming in on Thursday, so the driveway must be cleared out to make room for what's coming then. 
  • Scoop the boxes.
That will be it (and I may not even get the boxes scooped tonight and they may have to wait until Tuesday morning).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh there will definitely be shoveling here at some point today. :lol3:

catching up on TCS

maybe a load of laundry if the power stays on

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh there will definitely be shoveling here at some point today.

Just be safe, Karen!

I don't know that I'm doing much of anything tonight, other than litterboxes. We shoveled last night and only got an additional 1-1/2 to 2 inches of snow overnight, so other than doing the sidewalk and basement steps, we might not have to do much of anything.

So it may be an easy night tonight (other than the boxes). I can handle that. I like going to bed around 7:00 with Rick, a book, and the cats. Even though we don't actually go to sleep, it's nice and warm under the electric blanket. Rick watches a bit of tv and I read for a while. (And get warm.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then made mine
  • washed the dishes, then took the wood stove ash pan out and dumped it -- way too cold to do that earlier in the morning
  • scooped litter boxes, then took out the trash and brought in the newspaper
  • brought in the package of canned cat food from chewy and unpacked it
  • made a few calls gathering info about prospective UTV's i've been looking at online

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • At home today. I've been working on a headache now for about two days and gave up this morning. Going back to bed shortly. Awakened around 9:30 or so and there were four cats cuddled around me; they like the heat. They made me smile when I saw them all cuddled up next to me. Had my coffee and need to go back to bed for a while.
  • BooBoo and Ms. Pepe have vet appts tonight. Boo is really limping again with the arthritis, plus I think he's over-grooming on his side as there's fur missing. Looks almost like he was shaved a bit. I want to vet to look at that, too, just to make sure it's not something. And Ms. Pepe just needs a geriatric check-up. They are litter siblings and will be 19 years old in another couple of weeks.
  • If I feel any better this afternoon, I may start cleaning out the litterboxes to get the trash ready. Then all Rick has to do is get the trash can down to the road tonight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon, Pam! :hugs:

- Shoveled the few inches of snow that fell overnight
- Put away all of the candles, flashlights, etc I had taken out in case we lost power
- washed a load of towels

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the doctor.
bad cough and sore throat.
Got pills go break up the phlegm and
antibiotics for my throat.
Got my message
had something to eat
walked home.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was at the shelter all morning, so I
  • fed around 50 cats and kittens (that didn't include the quarantine station and upstairs nurseries now housing ferals)
  • scooped >40 litter boxes (that was only half of them :lol3:)
  • held a bunch of kittens while the vet gave them their shots

kittythecat87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what are yak tracks? I am from il. maybe... that is why i dont know what they are. or maybe i am just a little lost today. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

what are yak tracks? I am from il. maybe... that is why i dont know what they are. or maybe i am just a little lost today. 
Here's a link:  https://www.yaktrax.com/ 

You put them on your shoes or boots and since, they're wires, you won't fall on ice and snow. I've been using them in the winter now for about 4-5 years and they're wonderful. I haven't fallen since I started wearing them. *knock on wood* (Don't go to WalMart or any place like that and buy knock-offs; they simply won't last as long as true YakTrax.)

Thanks, Karen. I am feeling somewhat better today. It's not throbbing like it was yesterday. 

Rick is bowling early tonight (and we are to get 1-3 inches of snow, starting around 3:00 this afternoon, going into overnight, so I will worry until he gets home safely). While he's gone, I
  • Have 3 loads of laundry to do. Separated them into piles in the hallway this morning.
  • Should do a quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen
  • Need to work on my printer. I have an HP and it's telling me that I have an "ink system failure", which means I have to take out the cartridges, take out the printhead and clean it, reinstall it, reinstall the cartridges.....and pray that that's all I have to do.  Sending myself 
    that my printer will work after that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We have errands to run tonight: banking, Lowes, etc. Rick has to stop at his cousin's to pick up his money to bowl at States in April and get that deposited.
  • Bake a chocolate cake for Saturday night. We're going out to dinner with friends and I always make him a chocolate cake with whipped peanut butter frosting for his birithday (It's the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake, found on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. Man, is that ever a good chocolate cake!). He loves that cake. I can bake it tonight and then frost it Saturday afternoon. I thought about making cupcakes and then putting some of them in the freezer for another time, largely so I wouldn't eat them, but I'm not sure how well that particular frosting would freeze and then thaw.
And that may be all I get done tonight, depending on how long our errands take to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.