Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
One of the tall perches on the cat tree in the living room was wobbling so badly that Rick was afraid Tabby would get hurt. He took that perch off the other day and when he took it apart, here it was all plastic inside. He removed the plastic, made a round block of wood and stuck that up inside. Then he bolted that fast and then re-attached it to the tree. It's not going anywhere. He brought the Dyson up from the basement and vacuumed and cleaned the entire tree out, then came back to the computer room and vacuumed out the cat tree back here; Dyson works so much better at getting cat hair than the Wind Tunnel. So while he was at it, he vacuumed the house (since I never did get it done yesterday). 
  • I'm on my third load of laundry; still have to do the bed sheets
  • Took everything off the counters and cleaned the countertops down (I usually do that on Saturday mornings, but didn't get it done yesterday)
  • Put some of the Winterberry dishes away, things that I know I'm not going to be using anymore during the winter season: the larger candles, the appetizer trays, things like that. I wanted to get some of it put away, so that I can dig some of the Fiesta dishes back out.
Any boy did I walk into a mess. I started scooping the litterboxes this morning and, evidently, BooBoo has decided to use the open litterbox. We keep one box open because Muffin feels more secure in an open box; Mollipop can't corner her as easily. Anyway, BooBoo is our pee-sprayer; it's difficult for him to squat down to pee because of his arthritis. He peed way out over the open box, down the bathroom wall and it went under the box and created a huge mess. I was not amused. I know he can't help it. It was easier when he could get into the covered boxes because we had them inside other trays and then with the covers on them, it wasn't that bad. But evidently, he's having problems getting into the covered boxes (again, arthritis), so he's using the open box. I need to remember that and keep a closer eye on that box. That was messy.

And I put my grocery coupon box back in order, get rid of all the expired coupons, made up my grocery list for tomorrow night and got coupons together for the list. So it's been a busy day today, working on everything. But I like it when every thing is done and ready to go. I like productive days at home.

We have free HBO and Showtime this weekend, so we're going to flop down on the sofa for a while and watch some tv tonight.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, pee sprayers - I know that pain. There's a stack of boxes behind one of the litter boxes, and the bottom one is labelled "PEE BOX" because we can't get it out without taking all of the other boxes out of that room first. Before we got our tall totes for litter boxes, Kismet would start in a squat position, and then gradually pee higher and higher. I was mortified when I watched her once (she always runs after me and will pee in a box immediately before or after I scoop one) and she squirted all over that bottom box.

- Cleaned the bird cages. I gave the bird fountain a good thorough cleaning last night so the birds would have fresh bath and drinking water, so of course the first of three birds I let out of their cages goes and poops in the fountain.

- Swept and mopped the apartment, put all the plastic bags into a sealable bag since Kismet grabbed a little one and chewed a chunk out of it. On the poop/puke lookout on my clean floors now.

- Need to finish my animation, get my updated portfolio site online, and get ready for school tomorrow. 5:45am wakeup time. Guess I'll be hitting the hay at 8pm.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was extremely cold feeling last night and this morning, very uncomfortable for me and snick. this made for a rough night, with the wood stove needing more wood added more often through the night. it's much better today than it has been all of last week though -- a high today of 29 degrees F.
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, and added more wood to the wood stove. it was so cold around this time (6am) that i had to add a bunch of small and thin slab wood to the wood stove right away too -- to get the temp in the house back to a more reasonable range. this meant that i had to stay up, though i was still very tired, because that slab wood would burn quickly.
  • tended the wood stove, and on the computer until around 8:30am
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then made mine
  • got the bread machine going making a loaf of oatmeal applesauce bread
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, brought in the sunday newspaper
  • added a hefty chunk of firewood to the wood stove, and laid down for a nice nap
  • woke up and added more wood to the wood stove, and took the loaf of bread out of the bread machine to cool
  • heated up my lunch, then gave both cats a snack
  • and, just sliced the cooled loaf of bread

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually got a lot done today! (for me anyway)

When you're chronically ill you have to be happy if you manage to do the little things. :)

So today I:

-Cleaned my room

-Vacuumed the entire apartment

-Scooped the littler boxes

-Took tudor for a walk

-Went to the store and bought vitamins :p

-Oh! and I took a shower too. To prepare myself for tomorrows hospital visit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought me into work this morning. We are in the midst of a bout of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Only a nuisance kind of thing at this point and the roads aren't too bad right now..
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight after work; it shouldn't take long for me to do my thing. Rick is going to home from from work and feed the cats. Then he'll grab the coupon box and the grocery list and come get me from work. I should be done with my meeting by then.
  • Grocery shopping tonight
  • I'm hoping for an early bedtime

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, then added more wood to the wood stove
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then gave her her breakfast
  • while snick ate, i loaded more wood in from the front enclosed porch (no heat there -- bbrrrr!!!)
  • gave jasper his breakfast, then made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash
  • will continue to work on my feb 7th shopping list

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Finished the seasoning on the molcajete. It's all ready to use now. :)

Laundry

Today I am doing just a lot of general straightening around the house.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Spent most of the day in front of the computer
  • Vacuumed upstairs
  • Monitored Mogli while he played cat games on the tablet - I hope he doesn't become addicted :lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left my apartment!!!!!!
I went to the mall.
Did a load of shopping.
Had a bowl of rich minestrone.
Took a taxi home. My shopping was too heavy to carry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Fed cats
  • Had my second cataract surgery this morning
  • Built up fire in wood burning stove when we got home, wearing safety goggles for protection to newly operated eye
  • Dinner will be pulled pork (pulled from freezer, so convenient!) sandwiches, with beans (ditto from freezer)
  • Watch Downton Abbey on my computer, first show of new season

And hubby says I look very cute without glasses
I have to have my cataracts done and I keep putting it off as I'm scared.

what number series are you watching?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can be sedated for the cataract surgery and won't remember a thing about it. I am absolutely delighted with the increased clarity of vision and intensity of colors. The biggest nuisance is the eye drops that are required for several weeks afterwards.

I watched season 5, episode 1 of Downton Abbey.
  • Today Paul drove me to the supermarket where I bought Seville oranges. Yay! Marmalade, here we come. (I's raining at temperatures close to freezing and our driveway is skim coated with ice. Needed cleats over our shoes just to walk down and back up.)
  • Fed cats breakfast and lunch
  • Ditto us

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can be sedated for the cataract surgery and won't remember a thing about it. I am absolutely delighted with the increased clarity of vision and intensity of colors. The biggest nuisance is the eye drops that are required for several weeks afterwards

I watched season 5, episode 1 of Downton Abbey.

• Today Paul drove me to the supermarket where I bought Seville oranges. Yay! Marmalade, here we come. (I's raining at temperatures close to freezing and our driveway is skim coated with ice. Needed cleats over our shoes just to walk down and back up.)
  • Fed cats breakfast and lunch
  • Ditto us

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catapult.

I don't know if they sedate here. I hate having my eyes touched. Did you have a high number?
We've just finished Downton abbey 4.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball, I don't know what you mean by "a high number" The doctor who did my surgery said - when I had the initial examination - that one eye was 4:4 and the other 3:4, and he would have suggested the surgery a year ago.

True, having someone come at my eyes to do surgery is not my idea of a fun event. But I was well and truly fed up with the yellowing lens in both eyes. The results are so excellent that my husband is going to have his done too. It's not so much not needing eyeglasses any more, as the improvement in clarity and colors.

About sedation - no idea what the norm is where you live. I'm sure they're used to intimidated people though. So schedule an appointment, discuss the issues, see what options are available, and then make up your mind. Do let me know what you decide.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • I scooped the boxes this morning before jumping into the shower
  • On the way to work this morning, I returned a bunch of library books at the book drop; I kept one, but must renew it, since it's due tomorrow. (Trying to read the books from the library and the books on my Nook that are from the library and I'm not having a lot of luck reading either way this week, it seems. I read for a while at night, but then fall asleep.)
  • I think Supernatural comes back tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • waited until around 8am to dump the wood stove ash pan -- way too cold outside
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts
  • wrote a couple reviews here at TCS
  • made my breakfast -- including hot cereal (farina) instead of having toast, because it was so cold  this morning
  • baked a sour cream pound cake -- for @Winchester, i substituted a tablespoon of vinegar in one cup of milk (and let sit for 5 minutes) for the 1 cup of sour cream
  • found a new potato soup recipe online, will make it when i've finished the current potato dill soup
  • wrote up my "to do" list for tomorrows busy day

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Catapult
you had the operation for cataracts and not so that you won't need glasses right?I hhave a 7 in one eye and an 8 in the other.
I will start to get my act together.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went out to the mall again. Did some shopping and had something eat and came home.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball,

It sounds like a different scale is used where you are. Again, a visit to an eye surgeon to discuss this will be helpful for you.

My surgery was for cataracts. It was not the Lasik surgery which reshapes the cornea so you don't need eyeglasses. An opening is made in the cornea, the cloudy lens is removed and a replacement lens is inserted. Sounds gross and scarey but it wasn't that bad. Done at an outpatient center and it took about 2 hours for one eye, same for the next visit for the other eye. It does mean you won't need eyeglasses for distance and - depending on the type of replacement lens you get, maybe not for closeup either. I have the Re-Stor lens which allow both distance and closeup vision. I was told I might need eyeglasses for in-between, but since I see distance, the computer screen, read a book just fine I don't think I will.

Not wearing eyeglasses was not the deciding factor. I've worn them for so long that it was part of my life. I wanted the surgery because I knew colors were "off."

Also, driving at night was an issue because there were halos around street lights, headlights, etc. They are actually a little worse now but I've been told that there will be continuing improvement for the next 6 to 12 months.

I'm very satisfied and glad I had the surgery. Let me know how it goes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.