Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh no micknsnick hope you get your oven fixed.

Yess!!!

I did it,I have learned to work the Lil Stitch!!

Enough to hem two pairs of pants.

and now,will move to the big girl sewing machine(soon I hope).
the oven will be repaired. just a bit of inconvenience for me until it's fixed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I got the yard mowed yesterday for the last time this year! It's done! 
Now I have to get the oil out and clean the mower up. Rick is still using the push mower (mainly to mulch leaves), but we hope to get that cleaned up this week, too. He got the flower bed in the back yard all clipped and ready for winter. Still have a few plants to clip in the front flower bed and we have to trim the weigela. We need to wrap the fountain in its tarp and clip the little beds around the pool.

Then it's up to the veggie garden. I have all the plants torn out and drying. We still need to take the garden fences down and take the posts out of the ground. And then, I think we're done! It's been a very long summer and we are very far behind!
  • Working on laundry....just threw the second load in the washer
  • I want to make pumpkin bars tonight to take into work tomorrow. These are decadent. Lots of pumpkin flavor; they bake up more like a cake. And the cream cheese frosting has a bit of orange tang. So good. It makes a large sheet, so there will be plenty for Rick and for work, too.
  • We need to clip Mollipop's and Tabby's claws and clean Tabby's ears after Rick gets home from church this morning. Tabby's a real sweetheart when it comes to claws and ears. Molli is a feline whirling dervish in my arms and it takes both of us to get the claws done.....more often than not, we consider it a task well done if we can get four or more of her claws at one time. I think once we did manage to get all claws done. But just once. And you can hear Molli screaming on Pluto!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting over this cold is my first priority

clean house and make sure Bella and Thunder are fed, litter boxes cleaned too

last before I go to bed - Hot shower and Theraflu

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Cleared out half my wardrobe and filled a bag with stuff to donate to charity.   My wardrobe is far too full and needs some serious thinning out.

Did my usual stint at the local charity shop - and dropped my donations off all in one swift move before I could change my mind about anything.  

Got the clothes I'm keeping washed but not dried yet as no space to hang them up - I'll have to do that later once my ldgers stuff has dried.

Tomorrow I will need to:

Clear out the other half of my wardrobe.

Another load of washing.

Vacuum the apartment.

One day I will have a day off and do something interesting and fun with it. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's just around 1:00 pm and I'm pooped. Even though I am off work today, I got up with dear Richard at 5:00 to get a head start on my day.
  • Almost done decorating the kitchen for Christmas (just the Winterberry stuff and it's taking forever)
  • Four loads of laundry, including the bedsheets which I'm just going to throw back on the bed
  • Still need to do a good vacuuming in the kitchen, living room and back the hallway, then scoop the boxes
And if it's not time yet for Rick to get home, I'd like to do some straightening-up in the basement, since I was down there moving boxes and totes around this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick has to go to Harrisburg tonight to pick up his sister and BIL from the train station; they are coming back from their vacation in New Orleans and they took the train down and back. I'll be on my own for most of the night til he gets back home.
  • Got my evaluation at work this morning. I did great! We normally do evaluations in December but he wanted to get them out of the way. And that way, I didn't have time to worry myself sick about it. I had Excellents in everything but Dependability...only had a Good in Dependability because I was out sick a bit this year with migraines and colds and such. More so than normal. I try not to take sick days, but I don't want to pass my colds around to everybody at work either. It's a tough call sometimes. As for the migraines, honestly there's nothing I can do but deal. And he knows that. Still it's a good evaluation and I'm Ok with it. I can continue to take graphics classes and such next year, so that will be great for me. I love taking classes. (I always worry come evaluation time. I try to do as good a job as I can, but still, you never know. Now it's over for another year. I have five more years to go before I can retire.)
  • Do the litter boxes and get the trash down to the bottom of the driveway for pick-up tomorrow morning
  • Going to spend the evening surfing on the computer for Christmas. Our DIL gave us a gift list for them. Our son wants a 3/4 length wool coat for Christmas and I need to start looking. Plus I need to look for some kind of flooring for the garden shed before we can start putting stuff in there for the winter.
That will pretty much be my evening

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Scooped poop then forgot to take the bin bag out to the outdoor rubish skip - oops.  Sorry lodgers, you did it for me again.

Put in an afternoons' work with a mile walk there and then back again.

Laundry, which seems to be never ending recently. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is bowling early tonight, so while he's gone,
  • I intend to do some computer Christmas shopping again. My mission is to (at least) have everything ordered by Thanksgiving. Everything is going to Rick's parents' house since we're not home during the day. We have all kinds of catalogs and such and I'm really working to get it all done.
And that's probably all I'm going to do tonight, other than scooping boxes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been very hectic here lately, so haven't had the time to post in this thread like i normally would.
  • got the wood stove going again
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats their breakfasts
  • made my breakfast
  • got a call from the appliance repairman that he'd be here in half an hour, so got most of the litter boxes scooped before he arrived
  • repairman replaced the baking element in my kitchen range, and checked the broiler element and found that functioning properly. YAY! i have a full sized oven again.
  • brought in a bunch of packages which had been delivered either yesterday evening or this morning
  • finished scooping the litter boxes and took out the trash, brought in the newspaper
  • was going to bake a sour cream pound (bundt) cake today, but didn't have the energy left to do that today. will do that tomorrow
  • will place an order for snick and jasper's medium sized and stocking christmas gifts this afternoon/evening

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Snick, I'm glad you got your oven fixed. 

• Have to go out to do a site inspection. Evidently, there are some issues with a drainage basin on a farm and I need to check it out. It was fine back in July, but something funky is going on out there. It's going to be chilly, too, as we're below freezing this morning. Farmers do weird things to their stormwater stuff sometimes and then they wonder why it isn't working!
  • We may do some shopping tonight. Just some hit-the-mall kind of stuff
  • Scoop the boxes
And that should be it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, @Winchester!  i had the counter top toaster/convection oven in the meantime, but that's limited in what it's able to do/what pans it can accommodate. even though i really don't prefer a glass top stove, i'm very happy mine is working well again.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
finished repotting outdoor plants,hope they grow inside.I never seem to have luck

with houseplants.Cleaned the porch mostly done.

Time to iron clothes and catch up on Sleepy Hollow.

Let Smoke out for a few hours.He sits in the middle of the floor and stares at me

until I notice.He is using his Obewan jedi stare..(the power of the force will get this human to do my bidding..hahaha!!)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is going to finish trimming and clipping this afternoon. We're pretty well caught up with things at this point, so while he's finishing up a few things, I will work inside.
  • A quick vacuum and dust throughout the house
  • A couple loads of laundry (I haven't washed cat linens in a couple of weeks now, so they need to be done)
  • Clean the bathroom
We're heading to the mall tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We bought some flooring for the shed yesterday; it's basically to protect the shed floor from stains, oil, etc. We're going to install the flooring in the shed this afternoon, then we'll be able to store the mowers and such inside for the winter. The mowers have been cleaned and are ready to be stored. 
  • Change and wash the bed linens. I'm just going to throw them back onto the bed.
  • I think I'm going to try the new donut pan out this morning. I have a King Arthur donut mix that's calling Rick's name and he asked me about it yesterday.
I wish I could have houseplants. Unfortunately, the clan feels that any kind of plant at all is lunch or a treat, so it just doesn't work. I keep my plants in my office at work.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Getting through my Monday
  • Grocery shoppng
That will be it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Busy day today. Rick needs to clip the weigela out by the pool and dig the ditch from the house to the shed for the electrician to lay electrical wiring. We're putting a receptable in the shed so that we can plug stuff in out there and we're adding one light inside and two lights outside the shed. Electrician is coming Friday right after Thanksgiving in the afternoon.
  • Run errands this morning: bank, local winery, local cheesemaker, go to Rick's parents to pick up packages that were shipped there this week
  • Work on some housework and some laundry
  • Make eggnog sugar cookies from a cookie mix we got from King Arthur when we were in Vermont (These aren't for Christmas; these are because Dear Richard has a sweet tooth that's been bothering him. 
    )

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lately it feels like the universe has been throwing everything it has at me. there's been stress, drama, and many complications. i'm still plugging away, and working through all the stress/drama/complications. last night (in the wee hours of the morning) i'm pretty sure i solved one complication, though lost most of the nights sleep while doing that. i took a nap late this morning, but was interrupted after only an hour by my brother leaving me a message on my answering machine. so today i just did the basics -- food for the cats and me, washing the dishes, scooping litter boxes, and taking out the trash. i'd like another nap, but will settle for (hopefully) getting to bed early tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Snick, I hope you're feeling better today. 

I'm just going to do some housework today. Nothing else. What I get done, I get done. What I don't....oh well. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, @Winchester. i'm starting to catch up on sleep now.

among the things i did yesterday were:  moving firewood, doing a very small shopping trip, had lunch with my mom and brother, moved the credenza upstairs (very bulky, very heavy).

Status
Not open for further replies.