Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love using the slow cooker - can you post the recipe?!

Brought in the plants from outside into our grow room and throughout our home

set up the cat house with heating pad under the house in case our cat stays there

(began acclimating him to a room we set up in our home this morning- I have high hopes it will work thanks to all the wonderful ideas I got here)

Going to watch an episode of Band of Brothers - excellent, based on true history from WWII.
Hi,

Once I have it up on my blog, along with at least one photo, I'll pm you the addy to the recipe.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pat, those canitas sound so good; I wouldn't mind the recipe, too, please.

I'm a big fan of Sleepy Hollow, too. It's a great show.

Did get all the registers vacuumed and cleaned out yesterday. Turned the heat on in the house; everything is set to right around 65 degrees. Since we were to get a hard frost last night, it was good to get the heat on.
  • Making apple dumplings today. And two apple crumb pies and a regular apple pie 
  • Wash the bed linens (once dear Richard gets out of bed)
  • Still haven't mowed the yard and hoping to get it done later this afternoon 
Will send you a pm with a link to the recipe once I have it up on my blog :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry again.

My Sunday charity shop stint again.

Supermarket shop for household stuff - how much toilet roll and hand soap can 3 people get through in a month? 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Pat!

I never want to see another apple again, or at least until next year. From our apples this year, I did 20 quarts of applesauce (7 quarts of smooth and 13 quarts of chunky), 2 apple crumb pies, 2 double-crust pies, and 20 apple dumplings. I dried five trays of apples to make apple snitz, but then Rick ate my dried apples as snacks for his lunch. And I made a 13 x 9 pan of apple crisp. I have a drawer of Grannies for munching. We gave my sister and Rick's parents some apple dumplings and some chunky applesauce.

Didn't get to the apple butter or the apple butter BBQ sauce this year. I ran out of apples. (I think we only got 100 pounds this year; usually it's more like 125 or sometimes even 150 pounds).

Anyway....
  • Scooped boxes this morning before grabbing my shower and getting ready for work
  • Work on grocery list (I don't know if we're going for groceries tonight or not as it's supposed to be fairly nice and we have stuff to do)
  • I'd like to start an exercise program (again). If I could keep going for 3 weeks, I think I'd be OK. But I start out well, then tend to drop it because there's always other stuff to do.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • got the wood stove going again -- i'm waiting as long as possible to turn the furnace on for the winter. in fact, i'd like very much to not have it turned on all winter except the three days i'll be out of the house for shopping and cleaning the chimney pipes over the winter. that may not be realistic, but i'm hopeful. wood (wood stove) is my primary heat source, since rg &e has gone insane with their rate increases.
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then gave both cats their breakfasts and snick her antibiotic
  • took a nap, since i had only gotten 4 hours sleep last night
  • had a late breakfast -- which included some cinnamon swirl bread that i made yesterday
  • scooped the litter boxes and took out the trash
  • will work on my menu planning and shopping list for later this month
@Winchester, i'll be making apple butter bbq sauce some time in the next couple weeks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Snick, send me some, please! We're thinking of getting another bag of apples so that I can dry more for snitz and make the apple butter and the bbq sauce. I can't believe I ran out of apples this time, I said no more apples, but we'll see.
  • Vote as soon as I get home from work. Rick gets home before me, so he'll wait and we'll go together
  • Lowes to look at outdoor lighting. The electrician gave us his estimate last night and it's more than I thought it would be. And it doesn't include the lights for the shed, just for the house, the cables for underground and receptacles and such. I still have to buy the shed lights. 
  • Get my butt to bed to watch Supernatural at 9:00.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wworked nights-

dishes,scoop boxes..

amazing Winchester..same thoughts..time to start indoor exercising..ugghh

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:eek:) -- @Winchester. i'll be giving some of the apple butter bbq sauce i make for christmas gifts. i'll be buying more apples later this month. the place i buy my apples from stays open through the weekend before thanksgiving, and i'll be stopping there that last weekend they're open this year. i still need to plan out how many apples i want to buy and what i want to make with them. i've already made plenty of apple butter, and have 4 containers of chunky applesauce frozen. i have peels/cores/stems/seeds frozen in portions, ready to make apple peel jelly with -- when i'm feeling up to it. i'm thinking i'd like to buy enough apples later this month so i can prep/freeze apple slices for several batches of a lovely bundt dutch apple cake that i make, make several more containers worth of chunky applesauce, and have maybe a dozen apples to eat fresh/raw. but i'll have to see what i need to buy on my big grocery shopping trip later this month, then see what i have left for buying apples. i keep a tight monthly budget, always making sure to save money each month for the next home improvement.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
All this 'apple' activity is making me feel guilty.  I haven't made any presents so far this year, and no cooking for ages.  

Today I need to :

Scoop poop.

GP appointment this morning

Work 12 til 7 pm.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We do the apple thing every fall. It's a pain to do all the cooking down and the baking (I have a mark on my finger from the knife from all that peeling on Sunday), but when it's all over and the food is in the freezer, I feel good about getting it done. And I know that Rick just love applesauce, so it works. 
  • Trash night, so must scour all the litterboxes (getting harder to do now since it gets dark earlier; we clean them outside and once a month, Rick takes the pressure washer to them. Tonight is the night for the pressure washer)
  • Three loads of laundry are sorted out and flopped in the hallway
And I'm thinking that will be it for the night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • got the wood stove going
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats breakfasts. then made my breakfast
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took the trash out
  • will call my vet's, to let them know how snick is doing

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been a bit under the weather for the past few days so my activity level has been pretty low.

- Glue one of the kitchen drawers.
- Check to see if the pear vodka and brandy we are making are ready (brandy was, pear isn't)
- check in with a friend that also isn't feeling well and cancel our plans for tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Run errands this morning: banking, Target, etc.
  • Call the vet for an appointment for BooBoo
  • Clean the house (I have to take the witch bottle display down and put everything away to prepare for decorating the kitchen for Christmas. Lemon oil the hutch and the cabinets. All that good stuff.)
I don't think we're going to be opening windows anytime soon, so it's time to take the screens out of the kitchen and living room windows. We don't have to take the screens out, but we do (store them in the basement) so that we can take pictures from inside the house and not have to do it through the screens. Rick likes to take pictures of the deer in the back yard. Sometimes we can get some good pictures of the cardinals, too.

Hope you're feeling better, Karen. 

Last edited:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
market-figure out whats making Cookie groom so much today-

try to operate a sewing machine--Arggh.cant get the lower bobbin tension straighits been years since I tried

to sew on a machine..and I am remembering why!

Who has time for this!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • got the wood stove going again -- still haven't turned on the furnace yet this fall
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then made my breakfast
  • scooped the litter boxes
  • made a batch of bisquick biscuits to go with the steak soup i made yesterday
  • the oven heating element shot off a mini fireworks display as i was heating it up to bake the biscuits, so i switched over to the (large) toaster/convection oven to bake them
  • was going to bake a lovely sour cream pound (bundt) cake this morning, but now no full sized oven so made jello w/fruit instead
  • washed the dishes, and took the trash out
  • called frigidaire about my oven and replacement part(s), and after doing a bit of research have decided to go with having the repair done via home trust warranty. the upper/broiler element is not functioning now either, so it may be both the bake and broiler elements and possibly the electrical control panel that need replacing -- beyond my capabilities, and will cost less through the home trust warranty (one flat rate "trade fee")

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Scooped poop

Did a load of washing (which I haven't hung up to dry yet 
 )

7 hours of work - busy as we had a one day sale on.

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
either foley or maia had an accident and my bf found poop smeared all over the bathroom floor so cleaning that sticky mess was the first thing i did when i woke up even before brushing teeth or going to pee :wife:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no micknsnick hope you get your oven fixed.

Yess!!!

I did it,I have learned to work the Lil Stitch!!

Enough to hem two pairs of pants.

and now,will move to the big girl sewing machine(soon I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.