My sister has a brain tumor!!!!!

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cheryl,
Do you have any more news? In your last post, you said that she would be going home. Has she? I'm still praying. I pray that she recovers quickly and that you 2 become closer. THings like this usually change people, hopefully, she'll see how much you care and love her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Monday - 1/31/05

She did come home Friday night. I saw her Saturday and her head wasn't as swollen, and her left eye wasn't as black and blue or closed that much. It still had clumps of red blood in her whites of her left eye. Her head is now starting to have a bruised color to it. She feels numb on her head, forehead, and left side of her face near the eye area. It's hurting her to eat, moving her jaw and all. But she's eating softer foods.

There is still no word on the results of the lab work done of that remaining tumor in her left eye. So till then, please keep the prayers going.

As far as us getting along better, nothings changed, it's the same as it's always been. But that's ok at lease she's alive and recovering as I've said. Actually the steroids she's on has made her moods fluctuate a bit more (especially towards me it seems).

I thank you Catherine for noticing my absence. I thank all of you who are responding and praying with your concern. That's it for now. I'll be in touch.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

UPDATE: Monday - 1/31/05

She did come home Friday night. I saw her Saturday and her head wasn't as swollen, and her left eye wasn't as black and blue or closed that much. It still had clumps of red blood in her whites of her left eye. Her head is now starting to have a bruised color to it. She feels numb on her head, forehead, and left side of her face near the eye area. It's hurting her to eat, moving her jaw and all. But she's eating softer foods.
Well, I'm glad she's home. I think she'll heal faster in a more comfortable environment where she can probably get more sleep (at the hospital, they wake you up all the time!) The recovery may be a slow process but prayer and positive energy can do wonders. I'm rooting for her (and praying for her)!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl, I too, have been wondering about what is going on, thank you for the update. I am just glad to hear she is home, and agreed - she'll heal faster in a more comfortable environment. You were there for me when I had to go through 2 scary days of tests for what was thought a tumor and now I need to be here for you and send you the strongest prayers for your very, very brave sister. Oh! I do not think I could have endured what she -and you- have endured. Your soul is quite strong my dear and I so admire you for your unwavering dignity and support of her and the way you carry yourself and just meet everything as it comes.
You were quite an inspiration when I spent the night with all that machinery! Thinking of you~~

Love,
Elizabeth

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Colleen and Elizabeth, you both just brought me to tears

You both are so thoughtful with your kind words. Thank you Elizabeth, funny but I always thought you were there for me with all my threads.

Well it's nice to know we've got each others' backs.

And here I was joking around, laughing at my "Be My Valentine" thread, playing the role of a male cat, and I turned to this thread, and I'm back to being a crying female.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

OMG Colleen and Elizabeth, you both just brought me to tears

You both are so thoughtful with your kind words. Thank you Elizabeth, funny but I always thought you were there for me with all my threads.
No, it was you. You were with me when I first got to the hospital. I was very scared inside but wanted to be brave and have a good attitude. I mentioned in a thread that you were such an inspiration and that I kept on thinking of your sister -- if she could do it, I could do it, and I didn't even have a tumor! She has climbed mental and emotional mountains, Colleen. I was spared and probably don't possess near her mettle, or your class. You helped me much more than you know!

Well it's nice to know we've got each others' backs. Yes, we really do around here.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheryl i'm so pleased your sisters home now.

Sadly theres not many families that don't have any problems with their siblings
I myself had by own brother disowne me when i left my husband

Give her time because all you have been through a lot of upset lately

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheryl - so good to hear your sister is home. I missed your updates regarding your sister's surgery when my internet was down - what a horrible time for you all.

In addition to the sadness and terrible strain this has put on you and your family, your sister will also have so much to cope with. As well as that scary surgery, she has faced and is still facing a life changing event. Her illness will have sent her through shock and fear and made her re-evaluate how she feels about life. It's understandable that, aside from the effects of drugs and surgery, she will be feeling fragile emotionally right now.

Positive vibes for you and your family are with you always
. You are a wonderful sister

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Cheryl - so good to hear your sister is home. I missed your updates regarding your sister's surgery when my internet was down - what a horrible time for you all.

In addition to the sadness and terrible strain this has put on you and your family, your sister will also have so much to cope with. As well as that scary surgery, she has faced and is still facing a life changing event. Her illness will have sent her through shock and fear and made her re-evaluate how she feels about life. It's understandable that, aside from the effects of drugs and surgery, she will be feeling fragile emotionally right now.

Positive vibes for you and your family are with you always
. You are a wonderful sister
Thank you so much for your post. You sound like you can genuinely relate to this whole situation, or you're just very good at being supportive in a beautiful way. I keep re-reading your post, it puts things in perspective a little bit more for me.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I scrolled back to see if you had posted anything else on your sister... Please just know, I hope she continues to heal quickly, and that SHE sees what a wonderful sister she has at her side!!!!
If she never comes to that realization, there are a lot of other people who know you are a wonderful and kind person!

Prayers are still going her (and your!)way! It is not an easy road, to recover from such a major surgery. I wish you all strength to deal with the changes...

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom

Hi,
I scrolled back to see if you had posted anything else on your sister... Please just know, I hope she continues to heal quickly, and that SHE sees what a wonderful sister she has at her side!!!!
If she never comes to that realization, there are a lot of other people who know you are a wonderful and kind person!

Prayers are still going her (and your!)way! It is not an easy road, to recover from such a major surgery. I wish you all strength to deal with the changes...
Thank you so much for your kind words about me. Do you wanna be my sister?

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE - Monday - 2/7/05

Well yesterday was her Birthday. Her hair is growing in a bit. Kinda like a crewcut. Most of her swelling has gone down, and her bruises have just about all healed. There is still swelling over her left eye and it's numb when she touches it. She says when she moves her eyes down she gets cross-eyed or double vision, she can't explain it.

She has an appointment with the eye surgeon on Thursday 2/10/05 to discuss the results of her biopsy of her tumor that it still entwined in her left eye, and also for the Doctor to follow/up a visit on the surgery of the removal of the tumors that he did perform. Other than that there is no new news.

I'm pooped! The not knowing is the hardest part. Her head is heeling. She let me look at it closely.
It's so sad. It's just so sad.......

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Cheryl!! I need to subscribe to this thread because I missed your last post, here. The waiting game is definitely the worst part of dealing with any illness so I know how exhausted you must feel from all the anxiety and worry. It's also exhausting to stay strong and be positive for the person you love who's ill. Please know that whatever affection and love you are giving your sister is helping her immensely. I know when my father was very sick (he had terminal cancer -- it was caught after it had metastasized throughout his intestines) he appreciated any little touch, pat, or loving gesture.

Also, another word of advice, take time to take care of yourself. You cannot stay strong and positive if you are worrying all the time. I wish I could post a joke of the day for you but I'm not sure I know enough jokes.

Anyway, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your sister. If you want to PM me about anything at all, please do.