My sister has a brain tumor!!!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl, I am VERY VERY glad that the doctors are confident in the "treatability" of this. You were right in saying that the hardest part-the brain surgery- is over. But, radiation is no walk in the park and for that reason my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, your sister, and your family.
Please keep us updated on her condition.
Is there a Locks of Love organization in your area that may be able to donate a realistic wig to your sister?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Cheryl - I can understand why you feel so overwhelmed. But the things you told your sister are right. She has gone through the hardest part. Although the treatment won't be easy, she will be progressing step by step to recovery with each treatment. Each radiotherapy session completed will be another step along the road.

I'm thinking of you all and hoping that the treatment progresses swiftly and as comfortably as possible under the circumstances

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Cheryl, I am VERY VERY glad that the doctors are confident in the "treatability" of this. You were right in saying that the hardest part-the brain surgery- is over. But, radiation is no walk in the park and for that reason my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, your sister, and your family.
Please keep us updated on her condition.
Is there a Locks of Love organization in your area that may be able to donate a realistic wig to your sister?
I don't know, I never heard of it. I guess I'll have to check into it somehow, but how I don't know. Thank you so very much for that idea though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Cheryl, this is just awful. But, the docs are saying this is treatable. That means she has an awful time with radiation and surgery, but afterward she has a good quality of life and goes on. While this is very very difficult, it will get better.

As you know, my Mom died 3 years ago of a VERY DIFFERENT brain tumor. But she did go through the hair loss through her treatments. She purchased a very expensive, human hair wig, which she hardly ever wore. It was just too uncomfortable. And the big, turban type head covers made her too sweaty.

Your sister's choice of headbands is a great option. Mom also had a few light hats, almost like turbans but made of light scarf material.

I am very sorry your sister and your family are struggling with this. Hugs and purrs to you all. In five years your perspective will be very different, and you will look back on these difficult days and reminisce. For now, just remember what my cousin told me-she heard that tears are supposed to wash your soul. (Followed by telling me that her soul must be very clean!) Go ahead, let the tears flow, but there IS sunshine in the days ahead.
When you say the wigs are uncomfortable, do you know, how do they stay on your head, with elastic? Glue? How?