My sister has a brain tumor!!!!!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Been at the hospital yesterday and today, and catskans and MRI's results show my sister has a brain tumor (size of an egg) over her left eye, but internally, and four other tumors (smaller) on inside of left eye!

They said from the size of it, and the neuro-surgeons 27 yrs. experience, it appears to be benign, but will be having it surgically removed on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, at which time a biopsy will be done, determining for sure, if it is, in fact, benign. Dr. says the prognosis looks good, yet dont know for sure yet until...........!

There's also a chance one of the four smaller tumors may blind her left eye. And everyday left untreated the tumor is going further into her brain, where she may 1) die; 2) have brain damage; 3) suffer seizures. So I've been doing nothing but worrying, the worst of course, and crying.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY AND ALL PRAYERS SHE PULLS THROUGH THIS WITH IT BEING BENIGN WITH NO COMPLICATIONS OR BAD CONSEQUENCES. THANK YOU!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, that's scary. I would be so worried sick if it were my brother. I will keep you in my thoughts.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Cheryl, how awful. Prayers on the way starting right now, for your sister, you, and your family. Please let me know how things are going. Hugs to you

katson7

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Cheryl, how scary for you all, especially your sister!!!
Sending prayers and positive vibes your way ASAP !!!

Please keep us informed on how she gets on.....and take care of yourself too!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cheryl, this is such an awful thing. I am so sorry! I am praying and praying for your sister. We are sending all our strength and healthiest vibes your way. May I add that my father had 3 tumors two years ago in a similar way? He was 70. He sailed through and they have not returned. It caused so much anxiety inside me. Please keep us informed and how stressful and unfortunate at this (or any) time of year. We're thinking of you!!!
Elizabeth, Eric & Sasha

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your sister! She has my prayers and wishes that the tumor is benign. Cheryl, we are here with you!

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no...I'm so sorry
I hope the sugery goes well.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers until this is solved. Please keep strong for her, she will need it, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well
~

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Cheryl, how awful!! Lotsa prayers and healthy vibes on the way to your sister, and "stay strong" vibes for you. Here's hoping for a swift resolution, and no lasting ill effects.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheryl,

you and yours will be in my thoughts. i know what you're going through. stay strong for her.

katie.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear such news. You, your sister and your entire family will be in my prayers. I will be praying extra hard for all of you.

Please check in and keep us up to date when you get a chance.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie---I am SO, SO sorry for you and your sister, and your family. You WILL all be in my thoughts and prayers and I do hope she recovers VERY, VERY quickly... ((HUGS)), and may God guide the surgeon's hand to give her full recovery...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheryl that's so scary! I'm so glad that they've caught it and will be able to do something to remove it. I have a friend in North Carolina who has just been diagnosed as having a brain tumour, but his appears to be malignant. he's taken it really well though - in fact, he was all laughing and joking about being able to stay off work for a few months while they send him off to the Carribean to relax and recover from surgery and Chemotherapy!! I will be praying that your sisters tumours are benign and that they can remove all of it. I don't know about the ones in her eye, thankfully it is only one eye though. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers now. God bless - stay strong
I'll pray that she can make a swift and full recovery

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Im so sorry to hear that. It's like one of my worst fears. You'll both be in my prayers, and I hope it turns out ok.

Peace,
Brandon

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear, Cheryl, what difficult news for you and your family to receive. What is your sister's name? I am praying that this tumor is benign and that the procedure is completly successful and your sister has a prompt, full recovery. Please keep us updated how she is feeling.