My sister has a brain tumor!!!!!

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just said a prayer for her. I don't really know what to say, but I hope she makes a full recovery.

Stay strong,
Brandon

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How touching. I have just finished reading all the updates and I am sorry to hear everything did not work out as hoped but that there were still sucesses. I hope the tests come back "good" and she heals quickly with minimal pain and therapy goes well. Best wishes and your all in our thoughts, please keep us updated. God bless.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Cheryl, I prayed for your sister and for you as you asked. I hope that the test results are good, that she keeps the sight in her eye and makes a full and speedy recovery. God Bless and keep her, you and your family during this stressful time. Hugs

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheryl i pray that it isn't cancerous!, but always remember that weve come along way in treating cancer should the worst come to the worst!.

You asked if any of us know anything about radiation and chemo?.

My mum had radiotherapy when she had mouth cancer, although my brother who had the same didn't need any radiotherapy because my mums was more advanced.

She felt nothing while having it, no sickness with it, infact the only thing she did feel after the first few visits was that it itched liked mad on the area where the beam was aimed at, along with a bit of redness, but all this went after the treatment stopped.

My close friend Pam had chemo, but there are different types of it because although she suffered the sickness feeling like most do, Pam never lost her hair.

As for the length of time of the treatment, everyone is different depending on where it is and how bad.

Hope this helps!.

Keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Thursday 1/27/05

Saw her today. She was awake, not drowsy, she walked around, and ate today. By the visits end the doctor said she can go home tomorrow!!!!
It's so unreal, she gets to come home already.

No results yet from the pathology lab regarding the remaining tumor. Her left side of her head and face are swollen and more colorful black and blue. The stiches in her skull will remain, they're self-dissolvable. Her incision is just so awesomely terrifyingly unimaginable. I personally don't think I'd have the courage or self-esteem to go through that.

I was thinking....... even though it's right above her hair line, hair does not grow back over scars. So she's going to have a VERY BIG SCAR across the top with no hair!
Unless she uses some of the other hair to curl over the empty scar area. It's so sad and horendous, it makes me so disturbed to know she went through that.

It's ashame her and I don't get along as much as I try. I thought this would've brought us closer but it has not. I don't understand how I can feel so much love and concern and sadness for a sister who has never cared for me................
Oh well I'll continue to pray! And thank you all so very much for the prayers. May all of you be blessed with something special in your lives as a token of appreciation from me.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, well no news is good news, right? We'll still keep praying for good news!

I understand the frustration of not getting along with a sibling. But there's still hope... I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you guys are closer!

I don't understand how I can feel so much love and concern and sadness for a sister who has never cared for me................
Because you are such a sweet, caring person... that's why!

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

OK - UPDATE TIME: 5:40 p.m. - Tuesday - 1/25/05

At 10:30 her surgery began. The brain surgeon came out at 12:15 and said the tumor was removed successfully! In addition, said the eye surgeon was now going to do his job. At 2:30 the eye surgeon said that all tumors behind her eye were removed successfully! The both surgeries were a success!!!!!!

He told our family that they, at 2:30, were going to finish sutchering her incisions up and they'd be able to talk to everyone in about 2 hrs. As of now, I haven't heard anything yet. But the worst is over!

So far, so good. The CATSITE PHONE to heaven worked it's miracle once again! YAY
Now for the coming out of recovery in the ICU.

One step at a time! (Yes, that's me talking to myself!
)
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS...A TRUE BLESSING! I'VE WORKED WITH A LOT OF POST CRAINOTOMY PATIENTS..SO REALLY, TRULY, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THAT I MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME. FOR NOW REJOICE IN THIS WONDERFUL NEWS. I HOPE YOUR SISTER'S RECOVERY TIME GOES SMOOTHLY FOR ALL INVOLVED! XXX000

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS...A TRUE BLESSING! I'VE WORKED WITH A LOT OF POST CRAINOTOMY PATIENTS..SO REALLY, TRULY, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THAT I MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME. FOR NOW REJOICE IN THIS WONDERFUL NEWS. I HOPE YOUR SISTER'S RECOVERY TIME GOES SMOOTHLY FOR ALL INVOLVED! XXX000
Cheryl..Just thought of one thing that may help your sister and ease your family. Your Sis will be on some heavy duty steroids for awhile. They are used post operativley to reduce swelling of the brain. SOME people and by no means is this the majority, experience TEMPORARY mood and personalitiy changes. They may become, moody, sad or even a bit confused. Again this will be temporary! I'm sure the docs and nurses will monitor her for this very carefully.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she seems to be doing so well

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Barbara, you never cease to amaze me. I never knew till now that you're a nurse. No wonder you're so caring. You guys do not nearly get enough of the praise and acknowledgement you are so deserving of. Tonight I am so very tired and sad from crying that I can't think of any questions, although, earlier today I had some in mind. I'll write them down as I remember them to ask tomorrow maybe, thanks!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Aw, well no news is good news, right? We'll still keep praying for good news!

I understand the frustration of not getting along with a sibling. But there's still hope... I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you guys are closer!

Because you are such a sweet, caring person... that's why!
It's been 46 yrs. I don't realy have much hope left that we'll suddenly be closer, no offense, but it's a nice dream I think about alot. As for me being a sweet caring person, well, it sure does take one to know one.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cheryl..Just thought of one thing that may help your sister and ease your family. Your Sis will be on some heavy duty steroids for awhile. They are used post operativley to reduce swelling of the brain. SOME people and by no means is this the majority, experience TEMPORARY mood and personalitiy changes. They may become, moody, sad or even a bit confused. Again this will be temporary! I'm sure the docs and nurses will monitor her for this very carefully.
You are right! She is on steroids and, YES, she is moody, irritable, annoyed, sad, you name it. (On a side note, some of these are part of her personality
but I get your drift.)

I'm just happy she's alive and recovering......so far!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

It's been 46 yrs. I don't realy have much hope left that we'll suddenly be closer, no offense, but it's a nice dream I think about alot. As for me being a sweet caring person, well, it sure does take one to know one.
Aww... well I'm sorry then. That must be hard... but remember that you have us...