My dad passed away today....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The funeral was yesterday - the service went very well and with no embarrassing moments from my dad's family. I am thankful for that.

He had a full military service and it all went very well so I am happy that he at least had his wishes respected and no one disturbed his service in any way.

I took my dad's family out to eat afterwards and any friends of mine that wanted to join us. I paid for everyone as it is customary for the host/hostess to provide a meal.

I wanted to keep them away from the house at all costs to ensure that they would not try to make "claims" to anything as they did when their mom died. I was not going to deal with that on top of everything else and I can't trust them.

Do you want to know the kicker to all of this? The nail that sealed the coffin for my dad's family? I honestly didn't think they could sink any lower, but I was wrong....

They got to the restaurant before I did - talked to two of my friends/coworker's for 10 mins and knew they were friends of mine, yet, failed to even mention to me that they were there and that maybe I would have liked to have invited them over to join us. I was totally floored and how low class and rude my dad's family truly is.

It is their loss as I will only be sending a few last wishes my dad wanted and then I am completely done with this family who thinks they are a family.

I can't tell you how good it feels to finally write ALL of them off.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As the funeral was organised by yourself they may have thought it was wrong to butt in and invite them, because family or not i wouldn't do something like that. Or they may have thought you had already invited them seeing as they were your friends?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

As the funeral was organised by yourself they may have thought it was wrong to but in and invite them, because family or not i wouldn't do something like that. Or they may have thought you had already invited them seeing as they were your friends?
I doubt that as this family doesn't even know what common courtesy is, nor do they care about anything except for themselves. Even a friend of mine who was there couldn't believe their rudeness. Half of the people that ate with us were friends. The fact that they didn't even mention that they talked to one of them for 10 mins is astounding.

Oh well, C'est la Vie! I am now done with them.