My dad passed away today....

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sabrina, I'm sorry for your loss. Your dad is in a better place now and he went knowing you were a wonderful daughter to the very end.

I'm glad you are going to get away from the negative folks in your life.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that he knew you were there and just waiting to pass on so you didn't have to witness it.

My dad's family is very toxic, only gossips, and brings you down. They even said bad things about my dad so as soon as the funeral is over I am breaking free of that viral disease that calls themselves a family.
I admire you for recognizing this. Surround yourself with your friends and be as positive as you can right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
All my friends have come through for me today and there is not a single place I wasn't invited to stay tonight.

My dad's family is pestering me and just won't leave me alone. The only way for me to get them to understand that I want my privacy is to ignore them.

They feel a need to be controlling and I have been Ok all these years without them - another 20 isn't going to hurt either. I don't "need" a toxic family who would have disowned my dad had they known what they found out earlier.

They have done everything possible - lie, gossip, and dishonor my family so I have permanently written them off. My uncle gave me his word and broke it and I warned him if he did what he did and I found out I would be done with the family right then and there. He dug his own grave.

I will have to get my cell phone changed eventually as I will be deleting all there numbers and information. It will feel good to be rid of the toxicity.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry sweetie.
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sabrina, I am so very very sorry
. I know words don't help right now but please know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. And, I was there when my mom passed and I KNOW my father was there with her, so I'm sure your mother was there for your dad as well.

As for your family, I can definitely understand. Take time for yourself, be with your friends, and if you need to talk we're here. Feel free to PM me here or on FB.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be going to the funeral home at 10am to make arrangements for the visitation and service. At least it won't be for too much longer before I can ignore my dad's family completely - I am almost do that point already. Only keeping in touch on my terms and on a need to know basis.

Feels weird to come home and not take care of him.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never really commented on your threads about your beloved Dad before but I have read them all and let me just say you were one heck of a devoted daughter.

Your Dad was incredibly lucky to have you, and it sounded though you were his rock. Good idea surrounding yourself with your friends, you do what is best for YOU now. It's time to spend some time on yourself. I'm thinking of you!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss
I dread the day I have to deal with the pain of losing my parents.

You were an amazing daughter, and even though you weren't in the room when he passed, he knew you were there until the end.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sympathies to you for your loss.

I think that a big part of working through grief is having no regrets. You loved your dad, and he knew it.

You will be in my prayers.

God Bless.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! You did everything you could for him. You were there when he needed you most and you showed him the most important thing of all...love. You will be in my prayers.

Btw, my fiance' passed away this June from cancer. He was 30 years old. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to IM me or I can give you my email address.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to read about the passing of your father. I remember you and he didn't see eye to eye at times. He is in a happier place now with your mom.
I hope his family doesn't give you alot of problems. Take care of yourself.