My dad passed away today....

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a long battle with cancer my dad passed away today just before 2pm. He was still talking last night and I even said good-bye to him before going home.

I received a call this morning that he had very labored breathing and so I just threw on some clothes and went up there. A few friends came up and stayed with me, but when he passed I was out of the room because 4 nurses came in to check on him and that was when it happened.

I feel horrible that I wasn't in there and I kept falling asleep because I was so tired that I was afraid that something like this would happen.

I hope that my dad is now with my mom. It will be a journey and new experience in this world to have no family left, except for friends.

My dad's family is very toxic, only gossips, and brings you down. They even said bad things about my dad so as soon as the funeral is over I am breaking free of that viral disease that calls themselves a family. It will be a relief and a burden lifted and I am grateful that I shielded my dad from all the grief they have caused the both of us.

He knew that the people who truly cared were there with him. I'm glad that he no longer has to suffer and that he went in peace with little suffering.

It's going to take a long time for me to get used to the fact that my parents are now both gone. They weren't perfect, but they were always there for me and I made sure that I was there for them when they needed me most.

I have no regrets with my dad because I know I did everything he asked me to and more.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, I am soo sorry for your loss
If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm only a pm or call away
Sending lots of vibes your way for strength and healing during this tough time right now Please be kind to yourself and know you have a lot of people here who are praying for you

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry to read this. My condolences.

No need to feel bad about not being there at the end. You have been there for him thru the hard times and right up to the end.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I am so sorry
I don't really know what else to say, I'm not very good with losing people but I just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you.xxx

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that your father has passed, Sabrina, and hope you're holding up okay. It often seems that people wait to die until their loved ones are out of the room, so please don't feel bad about that. You were there for him when he needed you. May he rest in peace, reunited with your mother.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss

This brings back memories of last year when my mother lost her battle with cancer. Same situation, I said good night to her, then got a call (from my sister who was there with her) very early in the morning that she had gone into heart failure. She left us later that day, and I firmly believe that there were loved ones in the room to help her passage. And I also firmly believe that she visited us the following night and gave us signs so we knew that she was alright.

Its so hard to lose a parent that you love so dearly, but death isn't the end and that will hopefully give you some comfort.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to read that your dad has passed away. Praying for you as you make all the decisions regarding your dad's estate. Also praying for you as you deal with your family.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost your Dad. I am so glad you got to say good bye. I too have lost both my parents so has my husband. Life can be so painful at times.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sabrina, I'm so sorry you lost your dad. I know how hard this past year has been for you.
You know we're all here for you. I hope you also have someone close by to help you get through this. You're in my prayers.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, I'm so sorry. You have my deepest condolences. I lost my Dad almost 18 years ago, and I still think about him daily. Sending you a (((big hug))).

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry. I prayed for you and your dad. You were such a good daughter. I hope that is a comfort to you now. You will continue to be in my prayers.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sabrina, I am so sorry sweetie.
He knows how loved he was, and you did do everything you could. I'm glad he passed peacefully. I'm sorry you feel badly he passed while you were not in the room, but at least you were there with him. He knows.

He's with your mom now, sweetie, and they're both sending you all of their love.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. I wish you much strength and peace in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Cally

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

You too young to be left alone like this, and I'm really sorry that you've had to deal with the loss of both your parents so early.
Your dad knew how much you loved him and you really couldn't have done more than you did for him; I hope that is of some comfort for you.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry you lost your dad - I know this isn't an easy time for you & I'll be thinking of you.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina I am so sorry to hear the news. I saw your last two posts on FB
Your father knows you love him and did everything for him. I am sure when you stepped out of the room your mom came to get him. He wasn't alone.